3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Sigh...2nd max totalled this year

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2001, 06:50 PM

Re: i already said, come watch me

speednsound007,
When your finally get what is surely comming to you, then we will not have to say anything else.

70MPH on a wet road, all 4 wheels skidding, and you were in control? Cars skid straight, when you start turning the wheel is when they go out in different direction. If you feel because the car went straight you were in control, you're wrong.

You are NOT better than 95% of other drivers and I would be happy to prove my point. If you lived in the NYC area would have given you a run.

You kids feel because you can go over 100 MPH in a straight line that you're the best thing ever put behind a steering wheel. Are you one of those fools who weave in and out of lanes constantly to let others know thats you're stupid? You drive in straight lines, you are nothing. You know nothing about performance and handling of a car. I've driven in gaithersburg before. I rented an altima and a stratus and drove there, the roads there are pathetic. NOTHING BUT STRAIGHT LINES. "Looks at me..i'm going 165mph..all i have to do is hold the wheel still, i'm tha best".

Go to a track and get some real driving done. Stop putting people's lives in danger. Nothing really cares if you hurt yourself, because you're attitude is simply pathetic, but don't endanger our sisters and brothers and mothers and fathers, and our children.
Old 12-17-2001, 06:51 PM

Re: no i

Originally posted by N34JZ
called bs because you are full of **** and yourself. I know I can drive better than you because I dont put myself and other at risk by doing stupid things. Part of being a good driver is being safe. BUt obviously you cant understand that so Im going to end this conversation now. If you want to drive like an *** then do it on a closed track so you die and no one innocent does, then we can have one less ******* one the road.
ur a flamer...straight up. I already told you my definition of "good driver" but I guess you can't READ or anything... You don't drive fast because you don't want to or most likely CAN'T CONTROL THE CAR, which makes perfect sense...why drive fast and rtoll your car if you can't take the heat? Look at all the 100+mph videos of maximas in the general forum I don't see you cussing them out ***GET, I am going to join the next video around here and show your *** up...Anyone live around Gaithersburg, MD with a video camera?

PJ
Old 12-17-2001, 06:54 PM

Re: Re: Re: Obsidian

Originally posted by speednsound007

I don't do it to boast about it...I do it because it's FUN and an adrenaline rush. When I say "good" I don't mean law abiding, anybody can drive 35 on friggin 4 lane roads if they want to, I mean good as skillful...come test me.

PJ
I went to high school with a few KIDS that talked just like you. Guess what? Most of them have totaled their cars at this point and one of them is dead. Keep driving like that and I'm sure your time will come.

BTW- Yes, I had a Turbo RX-7 in high school (which is was faster than the cars that most of my friends wrecked). I didn't drive double the speed limit in the rain. It's called being smart, it's not a matter of skill. If you want to "have fun" go to an autocross or a track day.

http://www.scca.org (should be a good starting point for safe fun)

Brian Murray
87 RX-7 Turbo II (w/mods)
89 Maxima GXE (daily)
Old 12-17-2001, 06:55 PM

Re: Re: i already said, come watch me

Originally posted by Sudesh
speednsound007,
When your finally get what is surely comming to you, then we will not have to say anything else.

70MPH on a wet road, all 4 wheels skidding, and you were in control? Cars skid straight, when you start turning the wheel is when they go out in different direction. If you feel because the car went straight you were in control, you're wrong.

You are NOT better than 95% of other drivers and I would be happy to prove my point. If you lived in the NYC area would have given you a run.

You kids feel because you can go over 100 MPH in a straight line that you're the best thing ever put behind a steering wheel. Are you one of those fools who weave in and out of lanes constantly to let others know thats you're stupid? You drive in straight lines, you are nothing. You know nothing about performance and handling of a car. I've driven in gaithersburg before. I rented an altima and a stratus and drove there, the roads there are pathetic. NOTHING BUT STRAIGHT LINES. "Looks at me..i'm going 165mph..all i have to do is hold the wheel still, i'm tha best".

Go to a track and get some real driving done. Stop putting people's lives in danger. Nothing really cares if you hurt yourself, because you're attitude is simply pathetic, but don't endanger our sisters and brothers and mothers and fathers, and our children.
Once again you have NEVER SEEN ME DRIVE SO HOW THE **** CAN YOU SAY how good or not good I am? Unless your psychic, if so go join mrs. Chleo you idiot. Of course if you rented a car here you don't know the area, and of course I am not talking about the highways, main roads, ECT you wouldf have driven on...but some back roads in the woods outside the city you ***get. I was specifically tlaking about turning the whole time so where do you get straight lines? ANother person who can't read here. 4 wheel skidding around a turn means I am going as fast as my car can physically take the turn while still staying in my lane...that IS control...what else would it be?

PJ
Old 12-17-2001, 07:04 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: Re: no i

Look at all the 100+mph videos of maximas in the general forum I don't see you cussing them out ***
PJ
Go ahead show me up. Yeah Ive seen the videos and I know most of them. ANd they dont go around saying there the greatest drivers and that they take turns at 75 or whatever in the rain. And you know what One of them just lost his license. get a camera show me how you drive fast. COme to a track and ill dust your GXE and well see whos afraid of speed. Im not afraid im just not stupid.
Old 12-17-2001, 07:10 PM

Re: Re: Re: no i

Originally posted by N34JZ

Go ahead show me up. Yeah Ive seen the videos and I know most of them. ANd they dont go around saying there the greatest drivers and that they take turns at 75 or whatever in the rain. And you know what One of them just lost his license. get a camera show me how you drive fast. COme to a track and ill dust your GXE and well see whos afraid of speed. Im not afraid im just not stupid.
At the track you probably would dust my GXE...where in this thread (or any of my posts) did I ever say I had a car faster then ANYONE on this board? NEVER... so why bring that in you ***get. I am going to get someone with qa camera and get a crazy video on here to show some of you, I have this really nuts road around here that I know nobody could navigate at the speeds I can. I didn't say I was the best driver on the road but better then 95% of regular people, performance drivers on this board are probably more to the top since their enthusiasts... Go ***** at those going crazxy speeds on the highway...I do mine with no other cars around.

PJ
Old 12-17-2001, 07:17 PM

I don't do it to boast about it...I do it because it's FUN and an adrenaline rush. When I say "good" I don't mean law abiding, anybody can drive 35 on friggin 4 lane roads if they want to, I mean good as skillful...come test me.

PJ
I know exactly what you meant by "good" and thats ok...nothing to prove from my standpoint, I'm way older than that, but I don't expect you to "get" that. I don't get my "fun and adrenaline rush's" by doing such foolish things and whether I can or not is not the point and again, the difference between maturity and immaturity, absolutely NOTHING to do with skill.

And your reference here makes no sense..most of the 4 lane roads around here are 65-70 mph anyway and most know that there is a safety cushion built into any speed limit so whats the point but I think you mean 35 on a 2 lane country road perhaps?

But still...foolish..incredibly so, and I very much doubt you'd EVER find a PROFESSIONAL driver, one with YEARS of experience trying the same unless it's a practiced, closed road. That's because he values HIS life, and those others on the road. Again, the difference between maturity and immaturity. JUST TO TAKE THAT RISK shows your immaturity.

There is no way you can win on this one with anyone, accepting that would be the mature thing to do.

It's downright ludicrous that you would drive as such, no one wants to hear it and you are just wasting energy that you could put elsewhere by attempting to get a video of it. It's Christmas..why not be a bellringer for Salvation Army for a couple nights instead?
Old 12-17-2001, 07:21 PM

Originally posted by Booner8269
Please dont let him ruin another beutiful Maxima!
Well..as the plan at this time is to get a 240 and he won't be driving it, I'd say..unless he gets one on his own later...it won't happen. And in that, guess it's goodbye soon to this forum, which I have enjoyed immensely. You all are a great bunch of people and have been extremely helpful.

Since I do computing...I know very well...that forums are the fastest and best way for help. I always attempt forums before calling tech support. I can have an answer by the time I get thru to a human there.

But who know...if for some reason I do not get the 240...not sure what that next car will be... :-)
Old 12-17-2001, 07:22 PM

I never said anybody else should drive this way...

or that I want you to. I don't care. Around here the roads are huge 4 lanes and say 35, it's BS that any should have to drive that slow on them.

PJ
Old 12-17-2001, 07:31 PM

Trust me, it's best you calm yourself on the road at your own terms, rather than having something so traumatic happen, where it will sure as hell wake you up, and all you can do is answer your "what if" questions.
Old 12-18-2001, 12:45 AM
lp
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Any 16 year old with skills greater than 95% of all licensed users on the road wouldn't be driving a FWD Maxima.
Old 12-18-2001, 04:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Obsidian

I know I am better then 95%...most people on the road can't keep it in a lane, react to any situations, drive in the rain without sliding everywhere ect....I was just drive 75 around winding turns on a wet road-35mph zone. The car was 4 wheel sliding...but that doesn't mean I am not in control, tap the brake and I am still in the lane...I don't freak out like everyone else and start doing 360s. All my friends say it too, they trust me going extremely fast but clench when riding with other people at the speed limit. Anyone who doubts me come take a ride, email me and I'll tell you where I live in Gaithersburg, MD. You can ride with me or see if you can keep up!

PJ
So you're saying that all of your 16 and 17 year old friends trust you to drive cause you drive better than them.....hmmm
I will be more than happy to take you on on a track at any time. We can rent two matching cars and see who can truly drive, and afterwards i'll be more than happy to teach you how to drive so you don't kill yourself or anybody else.
Old 12-18-2001, 11:57 AM

what are you talking about?

Originally posted by lp
Any 16 year old with skills greater than 95% of all licensed users on the road wouldn't be driving a FWD Maxima.
The car was passed down to me. My abilities or preference had no take in what kind of car I got. My father gave it to me and I took it because it was my only option, end of story...

PJ
Old 12-18-2001, 11:59 AM

Re: Re: Obsidian

Originally posted by ObsidianIce69

So you're saying that all of your 16 and 17 year old friends trust you to drive cause you drive better than them.....hmmm
I will be more than happy to take you on on a track at any time. We can rent two matching cars and see who can truly drive, and afterwards i'll be more than happy to teach you how to drive so you don't kill yourself or anybody else.
LOL alright I am down with that if you rent me the car...But I am seraching for a friend with a video camera and I am going to tape a run down this twisty road by my house so I can shut all of you up.

PJ
Old 12-18-2001, 12:07 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

LOL alright I am down with that if you rent me the car...But I am seraching for a friend with a video camera and I am going to tape a run down this twisty road by my house so I can shut all of you up.

PJ
shut us up how? by showing us that you do drive like an idot? please dont risk other peoples lives to prove that to us
Old 12-18-2001, 12:07 PM

speednsound007

Do drive the curves as fast as you can man. I mean don't hold back. And put that on tape for me. Then i'll give you credit.

I hate to say this, but you really deserve to get into an accident and break some bones. You probably wouldn't even take that as a lesson to learn from, you'll be too busy showing off your cast to your friends and having them sign it.

"when this cast is gone, imma be driving twice as fast, the reason i got into the accident was cause i was going too slow!!!"
Old 12-18-2001, 12:09 PM

NEWSFLASH:

Another ****head kid kills himself and his passeneger in yet another teen driving incident.

speednsound007-
Do you really like the sound of that?

Brian Murray
87 RX-7 Turbo II (w/mods)
89 Maxima GXE (daily)
Old 12-18-2001, 12:19 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

mabey this will put it in perspective

Originally posted by Brian_TII
NEWSFLASH:

Another ****head kid kills himself and his passeneger in yet another teen driving incident.

speednsound007-
Do you really like the sound of that?
how would you like it if someone was driving like you claim to, and they get into an accident with your parents, and everyone in the car dies? you could easily cause this situation for another family.
Old 12-18-2001, 12:25 PM

Re: mabey this will put it in perspective

Guy's c'mon. This 16 yr old is obviously completely stupid and has pigeon feces for a brain.

The more you discuss this and tell him how he's not a good driver, the more he'll want to prove that he is. This is where he'll kill someone or himself (hopefully himself). Leave him alone and he'll see the light sooner or later. I mean headlights, when they're comming at him head on.

leave him in his ignorance.
Old 12-18-2001, 01:50 PM

Re: Re: mabey this will put it in perspective

Originally posted by Sudesh
Guy's c'mon. This 16 yr old is obviously completely stupid and has pigeon feces for a brain.

The more you discuss this and tell him how he's not a good driver, the more he'll want to prove that he is. This is where he'll kill someone or himself (hopefully himself). Leave him alone and he'll see the light sooner or later. I mean headlights, when they're comming at him head on.

leave him in his ignorance.
Amen...talking to a 16 year old is worse than talking to a brick wall. A brick wall doesn't swell and get more obstinate and pig-headed by the moment. While some of these posts may be entertaining to those of us that know better, please don't let it result in "speed" actually trying to prove anything and therefore putting other people at risk by doing so. And yes "Speed" while no one here wants to see you hurt, a quadrapalegic for life or heaven forbid, killed...at this point...with your attitude, our concerns lie more with those "headlights coming at you". Sorry, but no matter what you tell us, you CAN'T guarantee that might not happen. On a track, go-for-it, but you can't compare track versus the idiot things he's boasted of doing.
Old 12-18-2001, 06:11 PM

Video comming soon...

So I'll be able to prove skill. And, look at this poor display...watch ANY of those videos in general and they do the same things as me, even worse because the highways they are on are completely packed. How come you don't ***** at them? ****ing hippocrits. All you flamers come out of the woodwork on threads like there...nobody else *****es about driving fast around here.

PJ
Old 12-18-2001, 06:38 PM

wah...
Old 12-18-2001, 07:13 PM

Re: Video comming soon...

So I'll be able to prove skill. And, look at this poor display...watch ANY of those videos in general and they do the same things as me, even worse because the highways they are on are completely packed. How come you don't ***** at them? ****ing hippocrits. All you flamers come out of the woodwork on threads like there...nobody else *****es about driving fast around here.

PJ
duud... your really startin to come off on the wrong course. have you ever done any actually drivign courses, have you been to driving school? i GUARENTEE you are not nearly as great a driver as you think. i actualyl took a driving course in my moms bimmer, and that showed me how much of a ****ty driver i was and also showed me how much i have to learn also. im still a sh1tty driver compared to a professional, and would never boast about me being better on curvey roads and ****, becaise i dont even trust myself like that unless i had courses and **** on how to drive more then i already know. you may be better then half the drivers out there, cause all those woman. just kidding!!! HEHEHE.. but years of experience and courses make you a better driver, not taking turns on twisty roads as fast as you can. cause one time youll take it too fast, thatll be the last time. trust me i didnt think i could do it in my max.. i also ate a guardreail.
Old 12-18-2001, 07:25 PM

Re: Re: Video comming soon...

Originally posted by Brandon90gxe

duud... your really startin to come off on the wrong course. have you ever done any actually drivign courses, have you been to driving school? i GUARENTEE you are not nearly as great a driver as you think. i actualyl took a driving course in my moms bimmer, and that showed me how much of a ****ty driver i was and also showed me how much i have to learn also. im still a sh1tty driver compared to a professional, and would never boast about me being better on curvey roads and ****, becaise i dont even trust myself like that unless i had courses and **** on how to drive more then i already know. you may be better then half the drivers out there, cause all those woman. just kidding!!! HEHEHE.. but years of experience and courses make you a better driver, not taking turns on twisty roads as fast as you can. cause one time youll take it too fast, thatll be the last time. trust me i didnt think i could do it in my max.. i also ate a guardreail.
you'll see you will see!!! And if anyone else wants to ***** about me driving to fast, first go to the thread in general "OMG 143mph is crazy!" and ***** there. Because, you have put in way more then your two cents on this thread.

PJ
Old 12-18-2001, 07:32 PM

Re: Re: Re: Video comming soon...

No one wants to see your damn video. Go to school or something, how much free time do you have on your hands..geez. You are not worth the webspace these messages take up. Go lay your bullsh*t somewhere else.
Old 12-18-2001, 07:51 PM
Getting back to his roots

Re: Re: Re: Re: Video comming soon...

Thank god he lives 6 states away from me
Old 12-18-2001, 08:14 PM

You are a dumbass

I can drive my Maxima at speeds arounds windind roads, turns, ect, then I bet almost anyone else can. I don't know it's just my gift from god, LOL. Experience is not the issue, well kinda...Some people just really suck at driving and this is what plagues your son. Send him to some sort of driving class where you actually LEARN what to do in emergency situations so he doesn't keep flipping the car. I have taken my car 80 around turns in a 15mph zone and when the car skids a little you can't yank the wheel which is probably what he is doing... With my years experience driving I know I can drive better then prolly 95% of people out there, regardless of how old you are.

PJ
I hate people like you, this is why my insurance is high. Tell me, what tracks have you honed your skills on? I'm not saying that you aren't a better than average driver, but without serious track experience you can not call yourself better than 95% of the drivers. I would challange you if I lived closer, even with my 318Ti. Find a nice twisty road. I'll bring my first place autocross trophies and we can compaire.
Old 12-18-2001, 08:22 PM

HoJo,
I looked at your cardomain site. How come you only have 127 hp!?!?
Old 12-18-2001, 08:27 PM

Re: You are a dumbass

Originally posted by HoJo

I hate people like you, this is why my insurance is high. Tell me, what tracks have you honed your skills on? I'm not saying that you aren't a better than average driver, but without serious track experience you can not call yourself better than 95% of the drivers. I would challange you if I lived closer, even with my 318Ti. Find a nice twisty road. I'll bring my first place autocross trophies and we can compaire.
thats another thing, like you say.. take it to the track.. dont do that **** on road that other people use, take it to somewhere where its safe. thats where racing like that belongs. if you think you can handle curves so well, try out an autocross.. thatll show you how much precision you have while you drive.
Old 12-18-2001, 08:53 PM

tool
Old 12-18-2001, 09:03 PM

You're going to end up like....

PJ
That kid in the Integra (I think it was) video that floats around on the net. He was having fun, showing off for his friends who were videotaping. Raced along, hit a bridge to catch some air.... but this time he lost control at the end, car went nuts on him, hit an embankment and a telephone poll. The driver died, don't know about any occupants.

When I was your age, I thought I was the shiznits too. And it wasn't that long ago either... but the simple fact is, you're 16. You have less than one year of on the road experience. If you had said, "I've been racing different SCCA cars and classes since I was 6...", I might think about believe you and your skills. This is like one of those things your parents tell you, "You won't appreciate it till your older", or, "You'll understand when you're my age". In 5 years, your perception of yourself right now is going to be that you were lucky, stupid, naive, reckless, and lucky. You can tell me I'm a flamer all you want, but I think most folk would agree with me.

Have I done stupid things in a car? Yes. Thankfully I've never hurt anyone, myself included. Unfortunately, not everyone is so lucky. So far, you have been....

Oh, and if you're "good enough" to be doing 4wheel slides @ 70mph in a 35mph zone, I've got a question for you and your mad skills.

What do you do when as you slide around the corner, you realize my mother is pulling out in front of you to make a left hand turn because she made a mistake and misjudged your speed? What if it is YOUR mother instead.

Driving on public roads is not the place to test your skills. To sometimes in the case of emergency only, yes, put them to use for avoidance, etc. Because the hardest part about driving on the road is not keeping yourself from making a mistake- it's keeping yourself safe from everybody elses. All public driving should be done defensively for that reason.

I'm not trying to be a killjoy man. But keep it on the track. Where it's safe(r), and a controlled enviroment.

And I sure hope your lucky streak continues on till after your naiveity wears off.
Old 12-18-2001, 11:56 PM
STFU n00b!

speednsound, You need to take what Jason said VERY seriously. Right now you THINK you're a good driver. that's inexperience and age and the "I'm younger and faster" talking. You have no clue what it's really like.

When I was 16, my mom lived 20 miles out of town, down 10 miles of twisty roads. I used to think I was a bada$$ because I could drive those gravel roads at 80 in my little mitsu mini truck.. Now that I drive them all the time in a car that can physically handle TWICE as well as that truck, I realize how stupid and out of control I was. going 40mph slower on the same road, I was still unable to stop in time to miss a squirrel that was running across the road. Had that been a deer, my car would have been totalled.

Had that happened in my truck, the squirrel would have caused me to lose control and slam the truck into a tree on the side of the road. Had it been a deer, I would have been dead even quicker. if the deer itself landing in my lap didn't kill me, plowing into a tree at 80 because my front wheels were destroyed from the deer WOULD have killed me.

I'll even venture to guess you're one of the people who don't weir their seatbelt because you think "I'm a good driver. It'll never happen to me."

Well guess what? it DOES. my grandmother has now been in a wreck in over 50 years until a month ago. some dumbsh!t kid came around a corner too fast, where the car in front of her was waiting to turn left. the kid locked his brakes and slid past both cars completely sideways, then hit a car in the oncoming lane... the car then was knocked off the front of the oncoming car BACK into the lane where my grandmother and the left-turn car were. it totalled 3 cars, messed up my grandmother's pretty bad. It killed the person trying to turn left AND a small child in the oncoming vehicle, and put two other people in the hospital for a few days.

the kid who caused the wreck walked away with bumps and bruises. He was also 16. he said "I drive these roads every day, and there's NEVER anyone on that corner. I've always driven that fast and I thought I was a good enough driver that I could avoid anything that would have cause a wreck there."
Well guess what? That 16 yr old boy is now being tried for 2 counts of vehicular manslaughter, and 5 counts of reckless endangerment and 5 more counts of attempted vehicular manslaughter.

He's going to spend the next 20-30 years of his life in jail because he THOUGHT he was a good driver.
Good day, and think about what you're doing.
This thread is now closed.
Old 12-19-2001, 10:33 AM
I'm needing a caw

Amen Jason, Amen to that. You guys reading that?