3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Finnaly My SE will be done soon (long)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2001, 05:56 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Finnaly My SE will be done soon (long)

Well after sitting in my garage since the middle of september, I finaly had it towed to the body shop yesterday. I was going to wait till I sold my GXE so I could have the moeny to fix it but I still have not beeen able to sell it so I got enought money to just have the SE fixed. The bill for the front was $1200( Paint hood,paint the bumper, and reinstall all the parts in the front) I supplied all of the parts except the Driver side fender and the radiator arm support(they came out to $300)so that made the front $1500 not too bad.

Than I needed my touring wing painted and the back bumper needed a repaint and also my trunk lid needed to have the holes lifted it needed to be repainted. I saved a couple hundred by installing the wing,hood and radiator myself so that got the cost down I also removed most of the parts that needed to be replaced.

The total bill was for $2000 and I bought the car for $300 and parts cost me about $400 so I got a 92SE 5spd for $2700 not bad. Now if I could sell the stupid GXE ill have money for insurance. heres a pic from the day I got it.
Old 12-20-2001, 06:12 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Yeah, I remember when you first got that car. Looks like your perserverence paid off, huh?

Your situation kinda reminds me of how MY situation was when I first got MY Max. When I first got mine, it had a blown engine, ratty interior, no wheels/tires, and a trunk full of water! I broke up with my gf because she thought I was on some kind of high-speed pharmeceuticals for buying it!

Although I'm still a step or two from being finished, she sees me riding around town and practically DROOLS! Oh well... Easy come, easy go, ho!!

When are ya going to get some pics posted of the finished product?

=================================
G. Rick (aka **Tha "R"**)
'92 SE Auto - CuZo HyperWhite headlamps, foglights and corner lights, clear corners(thankz, Jon), LED washer nozzles, indiglo pedals, indiglo gauge kit, and a baaad attitude!
COMING SOON: 17" Hockenheim R rims(thankz, Rodel), Alpine CVA-1000(thankz, Sinclair), and an even baaader attitude!!
Old 12-20-2001, 06:17 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

looks like a lot of work

you defitnetly saved some money by doing some of the leg work yourself. let us know how it turns out.
Old 12-20-2001, 07:02 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

well

I still have alot of stuff to do to it after I get it out of the shop.
I have to have my cat-back and performance cat installed
short throw installed
go to my rims supplier and pick up a new set of wheels (and get the Eibach pro kit.)
put my Dvd/mp3 player and dreamcast back in the trunk(gota watch out for grimey bodyshop workers )
put my new seats in
put my bmw lights in (mabey)
and probably get a tune up and have the timming belt changed(the car is at 181k. the prevoius owner may have had it changed before he crashed but ill have to ask him.)did 92's have 60k or 90k belts?
then I will take some pics to show you guys.
I probably wont get it back till the first week of january since Christmas Is right in the middle of the time they would be working on it but oh well Ive waited this long whats 3 more weeks.?

heres a pic of it after I removed all the broken stuff and put the hood on.
Old 12-20-2001, 09:17 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Hey great stuff, I remember this! I know this's been said before, but as long as the mechanicals are good, all you have to do is straighten the body and add paint. Feel good that you've saved another VE 5-speed and put it in the hands of someone who really appreciates it.

It'll be great to see how it looks when you're done, before and after photos you know?
Old 12-20-2001, 09:26 AM

Easy come, easy go, ho!!
Bros before hoes!! I consider the max to be my bro
Old 12-20-2001, 09:43 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

update

Originally posted by Bman
Hey great stuff, I remember this! I know this's been said before, but as long as the mechanicals are good, all you have to do is straighten the body and add paint. Feel good that you've saved another VE 5-speed and put it in the hands of someone who really appreciates it.

It'll be great to see how it looks when you're done, before and after photos you know?
well the body shop guy told me everything looked ok with the frame so thats a major plus, I already looked at everything I could see being damaged from the hit and everything looks OK except the radiator but I already replaced that. the car runs great lots of power (well compared to GXE which runs pretty strong too.) I call ed the previous owner and spoke to his brother who said that his brother owns a service station so everything was always changed on time and serviced but he said he would ask to make sure about the timing belt also. If only the car was White lol
Old 12-20-2001, 11:28 AM
STFU n00b!

Just an FYI... VEs don't have timing belts. they have a chain that SHOULD never need changing.
just watch out for the water pump and VTC issues.

And also the Aztec Red VE was one of the rarest colors. consider yourself lucky to have a car like me!
Old 12-20-2001, 11:32 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

thats what I thought

I always thought it was a chain but then someone told me different, oh well thats kick *** anyways. VTCs are good too, I was gonna change the water pump to be on the safe side, oh and the color is nice but I have a thing for white cars
Old 12-20-2001, 11:35 AM

Originally posted by Matt93SE
And also the Aztec Red VE was one of the rarest colors. consider yourself lucky to have a car like me!

What about the Aztec Red VG? Should I also consider myself lucky?
Old 12-20-2001, 11:49 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

NO

Originally posted by superdesi

What about the Aztec Red VG? Should I also consider myself lucky?
NO you have a VG
Old 12-20-2001, 01:39 PM

Glad to see the progress is coming along. Pretty soon that baby will be shining and purring.

SuDZ
Old 12-20-2001, 02:03 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

actually

the rest of the body is in pretty good condition. just the back bumper which is getting repainted now. And the side moldings, but when I put the body kit on in the spring im having them removed and the indents shaved, and ill get the whole car repainted.
Old 12-20-2001, 02:23 PM
To them I'm like an idol

Re: thats what I thought

Originally posted by N34JZ
I always thought it was a chain but then someone told me different, oh well thats kick *** anyways. VTCs are good too, I was gonna change the water pump to be on the safe side, oh and the color is nice but I have a thing for white cars
I got a white VG 5 spd...wanna trade?
Old 12-20-2001, 02:37 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: Re: thats what I thought

Originally posted by blackandwhite

I got a white VG 5 spd...wanna trade?
not unless it looks like this (for sale too new paint,rims,tires + many extras)
Old 12-20-2001, 02:52 PM
To them I'm like an idol

Re: Re: Re: thats what I thought

not unless it looks like this (for sale too new paint,rims,tires + many extras)
Extras?

White '91 SE 5spd, Place Racing Cold Air Intake, Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley, Courtesy FSTB, Tokicos Blues, Eibach Pro-Kit, ADDCO RSB, 5th Gen 5-spoke 16's, Cattman Y-Pipe, GReddy SP catback, black leather interior, custom white leather shift boot console cover and door trim, custom painted black '92-'94 style grill w/white emblem, Wheelskins leather wheel cover, vibes racing pedals, clear corners, hiper xenons all around, fully refurbished Bose system w/factory CD

Kinda like that?

Looks like yours but with a nicer grill, and rims are not chrome. I have 2000 SE's. 135K. Rebuilt heads at 120K, and rebuilt tranny at 95K.
Old 12-20-2001, 03:02 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

nice

but my wheels are not chrome there black ice. exclusive to ROH wheels which I sell XRR Custom Designs plus my gxe is Lexus Diamond pearl (3 stage paint job).

but I think I would trade if you traded the car with all the mods for my 92 SE 5spd (pretty much stock) so when do you want to meet?
Old 12-20-2001, 03:04 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: nice

but my wheels are not chrome there black ice. exclusive to ROH wheels which I sell XRR Custom Designs plus my gxe is Lexus Diamond pearl (3 stage paint job).

but I think I would trade if you traded the car with all the mods for my 92 SE 5spd (pretty much stock) so when do you want to meet?
heres a close-up of the black ice finish
Old 12-20-2001, 03:08 PM

that finish is nice, i wish i had the money to get some of those
Old 12-20-2001, 03:22 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

well

Originally posted by SEguy182
that finish is nice, i wish i had the money to get some of those
If you do get the money ill give you a good price XRR Custom Designs ask for Jason
Old 12-20-2001, 03:27 PM

i just bought rims...there went my money, 4th gen se rims...didnt pay much, im a broke college student
Old 12-21-2001, 06:14 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

actually

Originally posted by SEguy182
i just bought rims...there went my money, 4th gen se rims...didnt pay much, im a broke college student
we can take your stock wheels as long as there in good condition and give you a credit towards new wheels.
Old 12-21-2001, 07:10 AM

Re: Re: nice

heres a close-up of the black ice finish
Two things..
How much for that finish? and..
How many cans of spraypaint did you use on your rocker panels?
Old 12-21-2001, 07:27 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: Re: Re: nice

Originally posted by Mr. Rose

Two things..
How much for that finish? and..
How many cans of spraypaint did you use on your rocker panels?
lol
you have to buy the wheels to get that finish only ROH has it.

second I had my car professionally painted Lexus Diamond pearl, I didnt use spray paint to paint my car I had that done when I had my car repainted. The whole job cost $2500 with a connection.
Old 12-21-2001, 09:42 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: nice

lol
you have to buy the wheels to get that finish only ROH has it.

second I had my car professionally painted Lexus Diamond pearl, I didnt use spray paint to paint my car I had that done when I had my car repainted. The whole job cost $2500 with a connection.
Sorry I mistook you for someone that told me they spray painted their air dam, rockers and rear valance.

$2500? that is slammin for Pearl LEXUS paint. I'd like to get mine re-painted some day.
Old 12-21-2001, 09:50 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

the

paint is sick. When you see it in person it has like silver glitter in it but since the car is white its not tacky. The base color is pure white also so that makes it really nice.
Old 12-28-2001, 04:27 AM

I read this a week or so ago, and wanted to reply, but my account wasn't activated...

I have a very similar story....

A good friend of mine bought a 91 Maxima SE from a high school friend of his a couple of years ago...The guy selling the Max was buying a new beemer, and just wanted to unload the Max. So he sold it to my buddy for whatever his first beemer payment would be, including all the taxes and stuff like that. So my buddy got the car for $1,000. It had like 110,000 miles on it, but was in great condition. Not a single problem.

So he took the extra money he was planning on spending on a car and had all sorts of service done to the Max...new timing belt, tranny checked out and serviced, and a bunch of little things...So he drove the car for a year or so without a single issue.

Then a few weeks ago, he bumped into a Saturn on the highway around here going like 10 MPH....he broke the grill, right headlight and blinker, and bent the hood and fender. He had to tell his insurance cuz it was his fault and the other guy was reporting it as well. So the insurance company saw the car, and saw the 180,000 miles on it, and declared it totalled. They offered him $3100 for the car, or $2900 and he could keep the car. So he sold it to me for $300 so I could park my Altima for the winter and drive the Maxima.

So, I got a 91 Maxima SE, with an auto (damn), leather, and all the cool SE features for $300. I had to buy a new battery, $60, a new headlight off Ebay, $55, a blinker, got a set for $30, and I'm trying to find a front end bra for it...I beat the fender back to shape, had to pull the radiator support out a bit, and had to mess around to get everything back to shape. I'm hopefully gonna finish up on the car tonight, and it will be back on the road. I think I got a great deal.

Sorry this is so long, I just wanted to tell ya'll the story...this is only my 2nd post.

But, I'm sure I'll be posting here more frequently when I get the car running, and have a ton of questions to ask all of ya'll.

Hopefully this works...here's a picture of the car before the wreck. I'll get some recent photos soon.

http://fs9.dotphoto.com/MemberImages...E8D0030DA7.jpg

http://fs9.dotphoto.com/MemberImages...1663A93443.jpg

Here's one with my Altima...

http://fs9.dotphoto.com/MemberImages...F791B4BAD8.jpg
Old 12-28-2001, 05:23 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Welcome Peterson good to see u over here. I'm "ALTIMAteum" from Altimas.net. I don't usually check the "3rd gen" forum but I noticed ur handle as "last posted". Hit me back via PM
Old 12-28-2001, 07:49 AM

Originally posted by Peterson
I read this a week or so ago, and wanted to reply, but my account wasn't activated...

I have a very similar story....

A good friend of mine bought a 91 Maxima SE from a high school friend of his a couple of years ago...The guy selling the Max was buying a new beemer, and just wanted to unload the Max. So he sold it to my buddy for whatever his first beemer payment would be, including all the taxes and stuff like that. So my buddy got the car for $1,000. It had like 110,000 miles on it, but was in great condition. Not a single problem.

So he took the extra money he was planning on spending on a car and had all sorts of service done to the Max...new timing belt, tranny checked out and serviced, and a bunch of little things...So he drove the car for a year or so without a single issue.

Then a few weeks ago, he bumped into a Saturn on the highway around here going like 10 MPH....he broke the grill, right headlight and blinker, and bent the hood and fender. He had to tell his insurance cuz it was his fault and the other guy was reporting it as well. So the insurance company saw the car, and saw the 180,000 miles on it, and declared it totalled. They offered him $3100 for the car, or $2900 and he could keep the car. So he sold it to me for $300 so I could park my Altima for the winter and drive the Maxima.

So, I got a 91 Maxima SE, with an auto (damn), leather, and all the cool SE features for $300. I had to buy a new battery, $60, a new headlight off Ebay, $55, a blinker, got a set for $30, and I'm trying to find a front end bra for it...I beat the fender back to shape, had to pull the radiator support out a bit, and had to mess around to get everything back to shape. I'm hopefully gonna finish up on the car tonight, and it will be back on the road. I think I got a great deal.

Sorry this is so long, I just wanted to tell ya'll the story...this is only my 2nd post.

But, I'm sure I'll be posting here more frequently when I get the car running, and have a ton of questions to ask all of ya'll.

Hopefully this works...here's a picture of the car before the wreck. I'll get some recent photos soon.

http://fs9.dotphoto.com/MemberImages...E8D0030DA7.jpg

http://fs9.dotphoto.com/MemberImages...1663A93443.jpg

Here's one with my Altima...

http://fs9.dotphoto.com/MemberImages...F791B4BAD8.jpg
I have a full bra for sale and also a performance muffler for your max. You can e:mail me or something if you are ever interested.
nismo1989@aol.com