3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

OK guys what you think NA or TURBO?????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 01:20 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I can see Nevin as he typed this.... screaming like a maniac, ripping the hair out of his scalp and banging his head against the screen

Originally posted by SkyMax
Seriously.. I'm SICK & TIRED of hearing about your "TURBO" bull****. You talk a lot of ****. You have no idea what the hell your talking about. What kind of an idiot can't figure out which is easier to gain more power (VG30E or VG30ET). The answer is clearly VG30ET. Do you even know anything about how the Turbo setup works??? Why did you ask if a Y-pipe can fit? There is no y-pipe, it's just a single downpipe. Then you said, "if the turbo goes thats another $5 big ones".. Do you mean $5000?? I consider myself semi-knowledgable when it comes to boosting a VG. I have also done some N/A tuning on my old max. Why don't you just shut up and READ & SEARCH the Forum about boost talk instead of asking ****ed up questions and claiming this and that... Don't tell us about your plans to get turbo.. we don't give a ****.. Tell us when you actually HAVE the turbo.. then we'll listen.
Old 01-11-2002, 01:21 PM
I'm needing a caw

Nevin! Tell us how you really feel!
Old 01-11-2002, 01:22 PM

Originally posted by DA-MAX

I can see Nevin as he typed this.... screaming like a maniac, ripping the hair out of his scalp and banging his head against the screen

Old 01-11-2002, 01:57 PM

Just slap a Vortech sticker on your windshield and be done with it. That's what your really wanting right? People to think your fast. It's obvious that you don't know a damn thing about anything even remotly related to an automobile. Even if you have somebody who knows how to properly tune an engine, NA or turbo, you'll probably f**k it up after you get home from the shop.

$5K for a turbo, you planning on putting more than 30psi to your engine

Man I forgot how fun the .org was
Old 01-11-2002, 02:02 PM

Seriously.. I'm SICK & TIRED of hearing about your "TURBO" bull****. You talk a lot of ****. You have no idea what the hell your talking about. What kind of an idiot can't figure out which is easier to gain more power (VG30E or VG30ET). The answer is clearly VG30ET. Do you even know anything about how the Turbo setup works??? Why did you ask if a Y-pipe can fit? There is no y-pipe, it's just a single downpipe. Then you said, "if the turbo goes thats another $5 big ones".. Do you mean $5000?? I consider myself semi-knowledgable when it comes to boosting a VG. I have also done some N/A tuning on my old max. Why don't you just shut up and READ & SEARCH the Forum about boost talk instead of asking ****ed up questions and claiming this and that... Don't tell us about your plans to get turbo.. we don't give a ****.. Tell us when you actually HAVE the turbo.. then we'll listen.
Oh look we have another mechanic on this site. $5 big ones meant $500, if your that dumb to understand this, then you should tell people what to do, As far as getting a turbo to get more power, damn man read some stuff before you post as well, You can do alot to a N/A motor, with less problems then it would with a turbo. It just a matter of time and money. But then again you know EVERYTHING, and ye by the way this site is not for telling other maxima fans what they have and what they dont have, its about maxima fans talking about anything and everything, including asking questions that they do not know. And for once I dont claim to know everything like you do here, that what the maxima.org is for to find things out, you dont like tuff **** get the fruck out. And buddy let me ask you a q how fast was your VG on a 1/4 mile, as far as i remember I think it was in the upper 15s well if you look closely me and you are one of the few people that got vg under 16 seconds, so please dont tell me that i dont know what do about cars. Tell that to someone who cares or listens. Im just not familiar with turbos, thats why if i do get it done it will be the shop doing it not me. So please dont post stupid comments like that. (tell us what i have in my car) whay dont you tell us what you had in your car.. fruckin smart ***
Old 01-11-2002, 02:04 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Yeah Nevin, you don't know jack about no stinking turbo Maxima....WERD!
Old 01-11-2002, 02:08 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by Maximum5spd
And buddy let me ask you a q how fast was your VG on a 1/4 mile, as far as i remember I think it was in the upper 15s
15.3-.4's as I remember.....I'm pretty sure thats low 15's.
Old 01-11-2002, 02:10 PM

15.3-.4's as I remember.....I'm pretty sure thats low 15's.
I was asking sky-max, but in any case how many vg do u see on this site that run 15's?????????????????????????
Old 01-11-2002, 02:10 PM
I'm needing a caw

Dude. There is a huge difference between you and Nevin.

Him: He has actually done this swap before and knows EXACTLY what's going on and how much it's gonna cost. You cannot refute actual experience w/ hersay from your shop.

You: You just have what the shop is telling you and you have never had this done before. If you think it's gonna cost $500, your nuts(and everyone knows your nuts). It might not be your fault becuase that's what the shop it telling you. We are trying to tell you that it's not gonna be even close to that.

Plus. You just asked if a turbo uses a Y-pipe. Everyone who knows about turbo installs, knows that's a newbie question. So you just shot your knowledge about turbo installs right out of the water. That'a a rookie move any way you cut it.

So I'm just trying to law it down to you honest before the rest of the guys break you down too hard. Trust me. Get your research done first then come back. Most of us will be more receptive. I mean, I have my projects and a few of us know about it. But I ain't going off the deep end blabbing about it until I know what's going and how much it's eventually gonna cost. Won't know until I actually do it, ya know?

Oh look we have another mechanic on this site. $5 big ones meant $500, if your that dumb to understand this, then you should tell people what to do, As far as getting a turbo to get more power, damn man read some stuff before you post as well, You can do alot to a N/A motor, with less problems then it would with a turbo. It just a matter of time and money. But then again you know EVERYTHING, and ye by the way this site is not for telling other maxima fans what they have and what they dont have, its about maxima fans talking about anything and everything, including asking questions that they do not know. And for once I dont claim to know everything like you do here, that what the maxima.org is for to find things out, you dont like tuff **** get the fruck out. And buddy let me ask you a q how fast was your VG on a 1/4 mile, as far as i remember I think it was in the upper 15s well if you look closely me and you are one of the few people that got vg under 16 seconds, so please dont tell me that i dont know what do about cars. Tell that to someone who cares or listens. Im just not familiar with turbos, thats why if i do get it done it will be the shop doing it not me. So please dont post stupid comments like that. (tell us what i have in my car) whay dont you tell us what you had in your car.. fruckin smart ***
Old 01-11-2002, 02:12 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Dude. There is a huge difference between you and Nevin.

Him: He has actually done this swap before and knows EXACTLY what's going on and how much it's gonna cost. You cannot refute actual experience w/ hersay from your shop.

You: You just have what the shop is telling you and you have never had this done before. If you think it's gonna cost $500, your nuts(and everyone knows your nuts). It might not be your fault becuase that's what the shop it telling you. We are trying to tell you that it's not gonna be even close to that.

Plus. You just asked if a turbo uses a Y-pipe. Everyone who knows about turbo installs, knows that's a newbie question. So you just shot your knowledge about turbo installs right out of the water. That'a a rookie move any way you cut it.

So I'm just trying to law it down to you honest before the rest of the guys break you down too hard. Trust me. Get your research done first then come back. Most of us will be more receptive. I mean, I have my projects and a few of us know about it. But I ain't going off the deep end blabbing about it until I know what's going and how much it's eventually gonna cost. Won't know until I actually do it, ya know?

Huh? $500 for a swap, no thats for a new turbo. The swap is $2,000 in that shop.
Old 01-11-2002, 02:13 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

ok i think this pic seems fitting... (it's a joke)

Old 01-11-2002, 02:16 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I was asking sky-max, but in any case how many vg do u see on this site that run 15's?????????????????????????
so you asked Skymax, but I knew the answer so big deal!!! and I know of two myself locally....one 5spd 15.76's and Max O/D's auto which is capable of whooping modded VE's and possibly mid 15's(if the tranny was up to par)...these are people that actually BACK UP THEIR TALK WITH ACTUAL WORK!!!
Old 01-11-2002, 02:23 PM

ok i think this pic seems fitting... (it's a joke)

Damn that's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time, I almost fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard.

And it couldn't be more accurate
Old 01-11-2002, 02:26 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....DanNY for president!
Old 01-11-2002, 02:39 PM

these are people that actually BACK UP THEIR TALK WITH ACTUAL WORK!!!
Actual work is over rated, as are dyno sheets and videos. I'm a word of mouth kind of guy.
Old 01-11-2002, 02:53 PM

Re: Re: Easy solution

sell my car a VG????????? and get a VE??????????
hahahahahahahaha
yeaaaaa rightttttttttttttt
not in the million years
Yeah, please don't get a VE. They suck.

Old 01-11-2002, 03:03 PM

Re: Re: Re: Easy solution

Originally posted by Lordrandall

Yeah, please don't get a VE. They suck.

M42 Power

Oh, wait, that's my new car.

VG lack of Power
Old 01-11-2002, 04:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Oh look we have another mechanic on this site. $5 big ones meant $500, if your that dumb to understand this, then you should tell people what to do, As far as getting a turbo to get more power, damn man read some stuff before you post as well, You can do alot to a N/A motor, with less problems then it would with a turbo. It just a matter of time and money.
Not trying to beat a dead horse to hard, but how many cars have you heard of that are very fast and don't use some kind of forced induction? Turbos/Superchargers are relatively cheap power compared to building up a motor. Forced Induction can make up for a lack of cubic inches. (such as the maxima 3 liter) The NA engines that make big horsepower are custom built V8s (700-800 hp, 5.7 L and up, $7k and up) or something along the lines of a BMW or a even an S2000. And they are even more expensive.

For the money and time you would spend building up our ancient 3rdGens, you could (as previously mentioned) by a 300zx TT or even an old single turbo and have more power. Just decide how much power and speed you want, and then the most economical way to get there. Hell, if speed is your only concern, buy and old 5.0 'stang, slap a supercharger on it, and go to the races. And you will still have reliability.
Old 01-11-2002, 04:14 PM
Large Member

But, Pervis, some of us are absolutely crazy about our Max's. I, personally, think it would be awesome to spend a ton of money to make a powerful engine for my max (well, the spending $$$ part isn't fun!) and have a family sedan that can ummm...well, rape mustangs and other sports cars! Maybe I am just crazy but there is something about the 3rd gen's I just love and cannot give up for many other cars. I'd sure give it up for a Ferrari 288gto or a RUF Porsche CTR2! Oh yeah, and when you move a step up to something like a 300zxtt, upgrades start getting more expensive. Sometimes thats not the most economical thing for some people. Well, I just tell myself that anyways, to rationalize keeping my max when I could have got a better car!
Old 01-11-2002, 04:52 PM

hmmmm

Damn guys ever heard of chill pills.

Back my talk up, again you dont believe I run 15's damn i wish i had my scanner working. And far as I dont know anything, (but afcaurse) I forgot everyone in here is a mechanic and a genius, im sorry, i appologize I wont stoop down to your intellegence level. I simply asked a question, i did not make any comments or said I know everything. I never owned a turbo, thats why im asking here on how things runa and all. On the other hand the "critics" or so called genius-mechanics, whom by the way never answer any questions straght out, always go around circles but never get to the point or real numbers. I get a better response asking a guy off a street. So for all of you newbies that are reading this thread this is what you get now when you ask a serious question on the org, and you never get an answer but when you ask a question, how come my window or trunk doesnt work, that everyone seems to know and answer right away. hmmmm I wonder why..

By the way some people in here are either on drugs or take this .org to seriously, relax. This site is not your life. (well maybe im just speaking for myself)
Old 01-11-2002, 06:10 PM
Large Member

Guys, lets stop fighting. Whenever someone says something outrageous, unbelievable, or just completely wrong we should just correct them. I've been on the receiving end of flames before and it never feels good. Besides, we're all brothers here! Well, at least we don't have Hondas! I think we can all at least feel good about that. After all, no amount of money in the world can make a Honda escape the fact that its just an econobox. You can build all motor VG's or VE's and they will be fast but, not as fast as if you threw a turbo on it and went through the extra trouble. Actually, a good way would be to go all motor and then rig up a turbo eventually. I just mean, you could get the best of both worlds since you'd have performance engine parts and a turbo. You'd make a great amount of HP and the engine would operate more efficiently than if you just rigged up a turbo and were using stock internals. Does this make since guys? Oh yeah, and it makes your engine happy too! I'm no expert and I don't claim to be one but I do know a good amount about these subjects. Nowhere near as much as some of you other guys do though.
Old 01-11-2002, 08:22 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

OK...this thread really does suck and maximum5spd...riceboy skyline tail wannabe salad boy..before you talk smack about a respected member and his knowledge please learn some things on your own before asking stupid questions and making an *** of yourself
Old 01-11-2002, 09:04 PM

Originally posted by Chris91SE
OK...this thread really does suck and maximum5spd...riceboy skyline tail wannabe salad boy..before you talk smack about a respected member and his knowledge please learn some things on your own before asking stupid questions and making an *** of yourself
Thank you Chris
Old 01-11-2002, 09:16 PM

Do I consider myself a mechanic? Definitely NOT. When I asked what you meant by $5 big ones.. I wasn't sure if you meant $5000 or not so that's why I asked you. Did I ever claim I knew everything? I don't think I ever said that in my post. All I said was that I consider myself semi-knowledgable when it comes to Turbos. Usually I don't have a problem with people asking stupid questions on maxima.org but when someone tries to "claim" something or repeatedly asks stupid questions over and over then I'll say something about it. BTW, if you want to know my 1/4 mile time, it was 15.4@91mph.. oh.. and that was with an AUTO tranny unlike you. My motor was not fully built either.. I was missing a lot of bolt-on mods. I just had the internals replaced (this happened do to the fact that I blew my Z31 motor and I had extra parts laying around plus my VG30E motor was already out of my max engine bay so it was easier to take it apart. **NOTE: I did not do the work on my own engine.. Like I said, I'm not a mechanic.)
Old 01-12-2002, 03:27 AM

Do I consider myself a mechanic? Definitely NOT. When I asked what you meant by $5 big ones.. I wasn't sure if you meant $5000 or not so that's why I asked you. Did I ever claim I knew everything? I don't think I ever said that in my post. All I said was that I consider myself semi-knowledgable when it comes to Turbos. Usually I don't have a problem with people asking stupid questions on maxima.org but when someone tries to "claim" something or repeatedly asks stupid questions over and over then I'll say something about it. BTW, if you want to know my 1/4 mile time, it was 15.4@91mph.. oh.. and that was with an AUTO tranny unlike you. My motor was not fully built either.. I was missing a lot of bolt-on mods. I just had the internals replaced (this happened do to the fact that I blew my Z31 motor and I had extra parts laying around plus my VG30E motor was already out of my max engine bay so it was easier to take it apart. **NOTE: I did not do the work on my own engine.. Like I said, I'm not a mechanic.)

Ok did I ever say anything bad about you before? No, i dont think this a place to tell people what to do, this is suppose to be fun, not critizing, one another of their knowledge, as you can see for yourself, and what if u think its not correct its automatically wrong? And when did I ever asked a question like this before, nor has this ever came up in the .org a N/A or Turbo, which to chooose, sure people talked about turbos and n/a but no one really discussed anything to a perticular point. Everyone has their own opinion.
And Chris91SE, do i have any stickers on my car, do i have any body kits do i have any blue red, green puprle yellow etc. lights? do i have chrome rims do i have an exhaust that sounds like a harley? is my car painted with 5 different colors,do i have a 20" x 60"wing? sorry chris my car is all natural, so please do some review on my car before saying something really stupid, and if they ever did come out with a phat body kist like they do for hondas, i would def get it without thinking twice about because in my opinion it looks awesome. And you know why else, its my car , im driving it and ur not, so whatever I do to it, it shouldnt consern you, ok you can give your opinion but please keep all the ricrony to yourself, its whoevers car, let them do what they wnat to it, its not yours, some people are into it. Just a matter of taste style and opinion, about time you learn that on here. So please as far as tails, i get complinets on it everyday, you dont like it tuff ****. once again its my car not your so get over thie rice thing, if people like it let them do what they want to it, let it even be the one wiper conversion, do you really care how others people maximas look like, you do what you like to your maxima and let them what they like to do theirs that simple. And besides, all this import came from the east coast, i dont know if you ever knew this, but the reason for hondas became so popular is because they were more affordable and affordable parts. That is the ONLY reason, get it. And asian and spanish and more or less puerto ricans were the ones braught this scene to US, which it first hit the tracks in about 97-98. If it wasnt for them none of this would even be here so please, tunning an import is rice, you dont like it get a mustang, then ull be all natural US not ricy. I was into this whole import scene, back in 98 when no one even knew what a frakin performance muffler was, i just never had the money to buy a car then and to do anything, but i kept track of few things. So please do some research on what is this ricy thing is all about. Ye so anyways back to skymaxi, I never , not even once said I know stuff, if i knew everything i wouldnt bother asking anything, dont you think, i just hate when people come out and shoot some stuff and say really rediciolous ****, if i was wrong all you had to simply do is correct, i woudlnt say anything, but dont tell me not to say this stuff because i claim and i know and i dont but you do. All i know is what ive heard from people, on some stuff I read, and what the shop told me and how much it will be to do the swap, its not like I came up with number on top of my head, Ive been talking to that shop for oevr 6 month now, i just wanna make sure everything goes and they wont screw up, thats why this org is for to ask questions and stuff like that, not to crtisize others and what they have or what they wanna do to their car. So relax people some of you take this **** too seriously u need to get out more.

peace
Old 01-12-2002, 07:22 AM

Old 01-12-2002, 07:34 AM

Old 01-12-2002, 09:10 AM
I'm needing a caw

Jeffy thinks the ol'e lock-ola is in orde. *click*

I tried to warn maximum, but ??