3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Who knows about the Jet V-Force?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2002, 11:38 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Who knows about the Jet V-Force?

They make one for 4cyl and 6 cyl Nissan's. Who hear knows about them? Do you have to program the device yourself? Does it change your actual ignition timing? All it says on the website is that it changes A/F ratio and ignition curve. I think only two people here have it installed, but they are 5th Gen's. Does anyone know about them in our 3rd Generations? Also, is there much difference between the V-Force, G-Force, and Jet's ECU upgrade? I would appreciate any feedback.
Old 01-14-2002, 11:44 AM
I'm needing a caw

Jet hasn't shown me crap as far as their ecus go. Please email them and ask them to email you some dyno charts confirming their claims.
Old 01-14-2002, 01:37 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Okay, I called directly to Jet. I asked him many questions. This is what I found out. Jet said...

The V-Force modifies the A/F ratio and Ignition timing by 2-3 degrees. Power increase they said was 10+ HP. It costs $279.

I asked, what's the difference between V-Force and your ECU upgrade. Well, the guy said it does the same thing but a little more. It's suppose to yield an extra 15+ HP. It costs $399.

The V-Force only has on and off settings. No adjustments are nessecary. Just connect it to your throttle position sensor and run wires through firewall. The **** that you see is the on/off switch. Hmm... so when I have it on, my ignition timing and A/F curve is higher? When I turn it off, it suddenly changes the timing and A/F back to normal? Does anybody know if this is for real?
Old 01-14-2002, 01:43 PM
I'm needing a caw

Throttle position sensor only?? Ask them how on the hell is that going to change the air / fuel ratios?? sheesh!

If it only intercepts the TPS singal, it can only adjust the TPS signal. So when you press the gas down 50%, the thingie will ajust the tps to 75% of wot or whatever. But I think I can press the gas pedal down faster for $299! LOL.

As far as JET. Again ask them for dyno sheets. It's all talk until you see some real proof

Originally posted by Aaron92SE
Okay, I called directly to Jet. I asked him many questions. This is what I found out. Jet said...

The V-Force modifies the A/F ratio and Ignition timing by 2-3 degrees. Power increase they said was 10+ HP. It costs $279.

I asked, what's the difference between V-Force and your ECU upgrade. Well, the guy said it does the same thing but a little more. It's suppose to yield an extra 15+ HP. It costs $399.

The V-Force only has on and off settings. No adjustments are nessecary. Just connect it to your throttle position sensor and run wires through firewall. The **** that you see is the on/off switch. Hmm... so when I have it on, my ignition timing and A/F curve is higher? When I turn it off, it suddenly changes the timing and A/F back to normal? Does anybody know if this is for real?
Old 01-14-2002, 01:51 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Throttle position sensor only?? Ask them how on the hell is that going to change the air / fuel ratios?? sheesh!

If it only intercepts the TPS singal, it can only adjust the TPS signal. So when you press the gas down 50%, the thingie will ajust the tps to 75% of wot or whatever. But I think I can press the gas pedal down faster for $299! LOL.

As far as JET. Again ask them for dyno sheets. It's all talk until you see some real proof

No, it's not JUST the TPS. I forget where else you have to hook it up to. He didn't say Crank Angle Sensor. He said you have to hook the wires up to the TPS and something else. Does that sound more legit?

I am going to email them right now to see if they have any dyno sheets online. If they get 8+ HP proven by dyno, will it be worth it? They would probably only test a V8 domestic and that wouldn't be too helpful, would it?

Oh yeah, I found a company selling it for only $199. JET sells them for $279. I would pay 200 bucks for another 8 HP. It will probably be more noticable than my UDP, if I get 8+ HP.
Old 01-14-2002, 01:56 PM
I'm needing a caw

Well how could they claim 8-10 hp if they didn't have dyno sheets? A guess?

I don't know, I don't trust Jet any further than I could throw one of their marketing people.

Note: Unless they fool something like the 02 sensor output, it would be very hard to easily hook something up to adjust fuel or ignition timing. On our VE engines, these types of ajustments are ONLY AVAILABLE those direct ecu reprogramming. I mean you could adjust fuel pressure but it wouldn't adjust the fuel curve. And ajusting fuel pressure is not done electronicly anyway.

Note: The TPS only sends the ecu the throttle position. That's it. Think about that.

No, it's not JUST the TPS. I forget where else you have to hook it up to. He didn't say Crank Angle Sensor. He said you have to hook the wires up to the TPS and something else. Does that sound more legit?

I am going to email them right now to see if they have any dyno sheets online. If they get 8+ HP proven by dyno, will it be worth it? They would probably only test a V8 domestic and that wouldn't be too helpful, would it?

Oh yeah, I found a company selling it for only $199. JET sells them for $279. I would pay 200 bucks for another 8 HP. It will probably be more noticable than my UDP, if I get 8+ HP.
Old 01-14-2002, 02:03 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Are the 5th Generation Maxima's, distributorless also, like our VE's? Because a couple guys think they help. Is the 222HP Maxima motor virtually the same thing as the VE motor when it comes to the V-Force? Thanks a lot for your help so far Jeff.
Old 01-14-2002, 02:06 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its even worse than the ****ing Venom400, please don't buy this Aaron, if you want real fuel adjustment lok into an Apex AFC or HKS AFR, this JET thing is stright crap, non-adjusatble, what kinda **** is that... :rollleyes: as for the ECU, I'm not too sure....but that V-force is garbage!
Old 01-14-2002, 02:09 PM
I'm needing a caw

yes they are similar(but not the same)

those 5-gen guys also have not come up with even one dyno test to verify the gains.

IMHO. If you are truely looking for an ecu mod, the JWT is probably the way to go. But yes I know they are expensive.

The only alternative I've seen(might only be for VGs though) is though dinan. I remember one guy having a Dinan ecu and seemed to like it. Dinan is alot more reliable than Jet IMHO. I would call themm to see if they still have it available and ask them for dyno charts.

Bottom line. If there ain't no dyno charts, I would be wary. JWT is about the only company I would feel confortable w/ over the phone claims. Maybe UDRP but as far as I know, no 3-gen ecus from them

Are the 5th Generation Maxima's, distributorless also, like our VE's? Because a couple guys think they help. Is the 222HP Maxima motor virtually the same thing as the VE motor when it comes to the V-Force? Thanks a lot for your help so far Jeff.
Old 01-14-2002, 02:26 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally posted by DA-MAX

BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its even worse than the ****ing Venom400, please don't buy this Aaron, if you want real fuel adjustment lok into an Apex AFC or HKS AFR, this JET thing is stright crap, non-adjusatble, what kinda **** is that... :rollleyes: as for the ECU, I'm not too sure....but that V-force is garbage!
How do you know this? From what you've heard or have you actually seen one in action on another car? I want the truth. Thanks for your info.

Also, will the Apex AFC or HKS AFR work on my VE? Are they both tuneable? And in what way are they?

And what does UDRP stand for? I have seen that all over the 4th Gen forum. They all love them for some reason.
Old 01-14-2002, 02:31 PM
I'm needing a caw

Aaron, I can't recommend both items for the reasons I've stated. If you really want one dispite of the thread, go ahead and get one. It really sounds like you are looking for that one person to say, "it's great, it feels like I got 25hp!"

Just make sure it has a rock solid return policy
Old 01-14-2002, 02:37 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

well one 4th gen guy had the Venom 400 on his car, its basically the same thing, a non-adjustable fuel and ignition controller....he out the Venopm 400 made no gains on his car...IMO plain and simple these things are garbage, they claim to "magnify" this and that, but I doubt they really do squat! like I said if you want real fuel and ignition control go with JWT's ECU...or for the VGs, an igniiton upgrade and Super SFC combo makes rather equal gains as well as it did on Max O/D's car. and yes both fuel controllers will work on your car and they are adjustable based on RPM which to me makes more sense since you can design a custom curve according to your cars "powerband"....

How do you know this? From what you've heard or have you actually seen one in action on another car? I want the truth. Thanks for your info.

Also, will the Apex AFC or HKS AFR work on my VE? Are they both tuneable? And in what way are they?

And what does UDRP stand for? I have seen that all over the 4th Gen forum. They all love them for some reason.
Old 01-14-2002, 02:48 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Aaron, I can't recommend both items for the reasons I've stated. If you really want one dispite of the thread, go ahead and get one. It really sounds like you are looking for that one person to say, "it's great, it feels like I got 25hp!"

Just make sure it has a rock solid return policy
Yeah, it may sound like I am trying to convince myself. So, if you and Da-Max think they are trash, I will stay away. I really appreciate your time. I am just looking for another cheap go-fast mod (<$250) that will not decrease my drivability (i.e. NOS or VB mod). Suggestions?
Old 01-14-2002, 02:53 PM
I'm needing a caw

Ah I listed one already.

Yeah, it may sound like I am trying to convince myself. So, if you and Da-Max think they are trash, I will stay away. I really appreciate your time. I am just looking for another cheap go-fast mod (<$250) that will not decrease my drivability (i.e. NOS or VB mod). Suggestions?
Old 01-14-2002, 02:55 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

that will not decrease my drivability (i.e. NOS or VB mod). Suggestions?
whats wrong with the VB mod???
Old 01-14-2002, 03:01 PM
NWP Engineering.com

whats wrong with the VB mod???
Nothings wrong with it. It's just that the hard shifting might get on my nerves since I drive it everyday to school and work. I would love to have it if it's my project car to mess around with, but this is my only car.

Originally posted by Jeff92SE
Ah I listed one already.
But, you only listed stuff that's not offered for my VE. Also the JWT ECU is $479. Thanks anyway.
Old 01-14-2002, 03:03 PM
I'm needing a caw

The only alternative I've seen(might only be for VGs though) is though dinan. I remember one guy having a Dinan ecu and seemed to like it. Dinan is alot more reliable than Jet IMHO. I would call themm to see if they still have it available and ask them for dyno charts.
Old 01-14-2002, 03:07 PM
NWP Engineering.com

www.dinanbmw.com ? Thanks Jeff.
Old 01-14-2002, 03:16 PM
NWP Engineering.com

www.dinanbmw.com ? Thanks Jeff.
They don't sell anything for non-BMW cars. I just called them.
Old 01-14-2002, 03:24 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Nothings wrong with it. It's just that the hard shifting might get on my nerves since I drive it everyday to school and work. I would love to have it if it's my project car to mess around with, but this is my only car.
as far as i know it only shifts as hard as you drive.....thus under regular circumstances it should be normal, I think thats how it operates...
Old 01-14-2002, 03:38 PM
NWP Engineering.com

as far as i know it only shifts as hard as you drive.....thus under regular circumstances it should be normal, I think thats how it operates...
Your right. This is straight off of Don's site. "Normal driving will show very little difference (other than a quicker shift). More spirited driving will increase the firmness of the shifts."

Thanks for the info. Also, what is Dinan's website or phone number?
Old 01-14-2002, 06:07 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

you wanted it you shall recieve....as Super Street magazine reports (sept 2000)WITH DYNO CHARTS on a 95 accord EX 154.9@wheels without the JET V force..162.9@wheels with BUT i seen this thing when this mag came out and researched it with my friend,who posted on his forum(RX7's) and those who had it deemed it totally useless which is why i never really considered it
Old 01-14-2002, 06:25 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

what other mods did the accord have??

Originally posted by Rancid90SE
you wanted it you shall recieve....as Super Street magazine reports (sept 2000)WITH DYNO CHARTS on a 95 accord EX 154.9@wheels without the JET V force..162.9@wheels with BUT i seen this thing when this mag came out and researched it with my friend,who posted on his forum(RX7's) and those who had it deemed it totally useless which is why i never really considered it
Old 01-14-2002, 06:27 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

doesnt get into that,if you know anyone who has subscription and all the old ones,get at them...sept 2000 orangle Signal R33 on the cover
Old 01-14-2002, 06:33 PM

Sorry guys but whats the VB mod, not down with all the lingo.
Old 01-15-2002, 07:10 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally posted by Booner8269
Sorry guys but whats the VB mod, not down with all the lingo.
Thanks Rancid for your feedback.

The VB mod is for Automatics only. Valve Body is what VB stands for. Go to http://www.mobiletek.net for more info.