3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Anyone looking for ASP UDP new for VE30DE

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 11:18 AM

Anyone looking for ASP UDP new for VE30DE and VG30E

Update Feb 24 2021The remaining balance payment was submitted to ASP today. Im assuming the pulley order are almost completed. I will have 2 sets if anyone still wants one, (blue or red). Thank you all for the patience.

Feb 2021 Order is almost ready! There are two extra made. Anyone wanting one their in luck and this will be the last chance. I've decided one red and one blue. This is for the VE30DE 92-94 maxima only.

Update January 25th ASP has requested 1/2 payment for the pulley and ive submitted what they requested. Looks like our VE30DE pulleys are soon to be produced. Now its a wait and see how long. Estimated was 5 to 6 weeks after first payment. Thank you again all for your continued support and patience!

January 12th 2021 I've Contacted ASP yesterday and there's some good and bad news. The bad news is they couldn't do the (3) VG30E order since its not feasible and the cost would increase per those pulley because of different programming. The good news is the VE30DE on the other hand will be going forward as planned (13 pieces) payment being submitted today. I feel really terrible that 3 people wouldn't get the udp for their maximas but the demand is so little. If I can get another round of just VG30E maybe we can push forward for them! Thank you for those who purchased this and making the deal happen. From time of payment submission to completion would be about 6 weeks.

Edit January 6 2021 Attention all 3rd gen VG30E and VE30DE this is the last call for the group deal. Currently have 13 paid orders and 2 pending. 15 total. Goal is 20. I need 5 more to buyers to get in on getting their custom made ASP UDP Pulley on their choice of color and if needed a complete kit option is available. Pulley is 145 shipped USA for both engines, International Orders pay difference in costs. 178.84 for the VG30E complete set 3 belts w/ crank oil seal. VE30DE 191.88 for the complete set 3 belts w/ crank oil seal. After this group deal is done it maybe the last time anyone would organize one since its harder to group owners to buy in (and start over with another 20). Let's finish this up and prove that we are still worthy of modding our classic 3rd gens. Text 347-436-3751 or pm me
Payments via Zelle Banking, Facebook Send/Receive using paypal no fee.
I would like to thank those who are waiting patiently and paid for their order to helping this get closer to completion.
Izzy

Edit 12-9-2020
ASP UDP under drive pulley group deal update. Attention ALL 3rd gen owners please let me know if you want in this deal. I am going and doing a final roll call. This is the only deal available currently with having a minimum amount needed. Once this deal is complete you will have to get another 20 in a future order to do another run of production. 11 have expressed getting this part. Still need the remaining 9 or so. I will be going forward soon. If you want to get in at this pricing you must order, or at least message me to work something out so I can submit the order to the company. It takes 6 weeks turn around. If I don't get the remaining, I will purchase the remaining mixed VG/VE without a color preference. As many owners here want upgrades for their Maxima. The more support we give each other the more we can try get more group deals in the future. This process takes a lot of work. I see post after post about suspension upgrades or coil overs, but with a handful of owners its very difficult to get a manufacture to supply those mods with out having demand. I would love to do a Eibach Spring deal but that is too much funds and not enough interest.
Those that have paid in full thank you and I havent forgotten about you guys and really appreciate the support.

Edit 12-5-2020 so far 12 people are in. 6 have paid, 3 are making payments next week. One not sure. 2 awaiting funds. Still looking for 8 more to get involved. Please pm me if your interest to discuss options. Local can save on shipping cost aka discount.

Edited 11/23/2020 this is avail for both VG30E and VE30DE. Please read

09-08-2020
I'm getting together a group deal for UDP for VE 3rd gen maxima. Let me know if anyone is interested. I couldn't post this in the GROUP Deal forum

Update on the status for Under Drive Pulley. I need 20 VE (11 said their interested) to do an order and they don't do VG. I see that they have UDP for 300zx and 240 but not sure if they are the same/would it work on the VG?

Part of the email from the representative. "Our 300 ZX part is for a turbo motor.

"We anodize , no paint. Red, Dark Blue, Black, Purple, Green, Gold , Clear no dye so it is like a brushed alum."

Also they can anodize the part if you wanted in several colors Need nine more to get on this. Also be prepared to do the crank seal once you're doing the change over since its accesible.

In order to save on shipping they would send me the completed CNC pulleys ready for redistribution. I need serious buyers to be ready and get a part made for our beloved vehicles. These will be brand new and customized to your color preference. Price will be 145 shipped in the US. International shipping will incur additional shipping/duty.

Payment with Zelle Banking no additional fees. PayPal fees apply. If you are interested let me know in this post OR pm me.

Again This is For Both VG and VE!

Last edited by crazy4maxima; 02-24-2021 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Updated engine information
Old 09-30-2020, 02:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by crazy4maxima
I'm getting together a group deal for UDP for VE 3rd gen maxima. Let me know if anyone is interested. I couldn't post this in the GROUP Deal forum

Update on the status for Under Drive Pulley. I need 20 VE (11 said their interested) to do an order and they don't do VG. I see that they have UDP for 300zx and 240 but not sure if they are the same/would it work on the VG?

Part of the email from the representative. "Our 300 ZX part is for a turbo motor. We anodize , no paint. Red, Dark Blue, Black, Purple, Green, Gold , Clear no dye so it is like a brushed alum." Also they can anodize the part if you wanted in several colors Need nine more to get on this. Also be prepared to do the crank seal once you're doing the change over since its accesible.

In order to save on shipping they would send me the completed CNC pulleys ready for redistribution. I need serious buyers to be ready and get a part made for our beloved vehicles. These will be brand new and customized to your color preference. Price will be 145 shipped. If you are interested let me know in this post.
I would buy one but you need 8 more thats's going to be tough. I almost bought one about 10 years ago then kept putting it off. Good luck I hope we make it to 20
Old 10-03-2020, 04:00 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I want one for my car. I was going to buy one 10 years ago, never did it. I was going to contact ASP to see if could get one still. You answered that question for me. 8 more needed for this bulk purchase. Fingers crossed. Come on people.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Ralph
I want one for my car. I was going to buy one 10 years ago, never did it. I was going to contact ASP to see if could get one still. You answered that question for me. 8 more needed for this bulk purchase. Fingers crossed. Come on people.

Unfortunately only 3 are definitely down for this. The other expressed interest but nothing more than that. Still need 17 total who are wanting to get this. S

When its time for the money no one comes around.
Old 10-26-2020, 09:34 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

This effort doesn't look good. I don't think we're going to make it. 17 more buyers is a long shot. Good luck.
Old 11-09-2020, 05:47 AM

I did this years ago for the VG30E (SOHC) and had ASP Racing develop those for the SOHC VG30E which didn't exist. I had about 12 made(9 UDP and 3 OEM size) and I still have an extra OEM sized ASP billet racing pulley! Good luck there's lots of folks that talk a good game of being interested then there are those that are completely serious! I would recommend you collect the money first for those interested then if you can't meet the minimum number required for ASP to manufacture call it quits or invest in the remaining ones and sell them later which is hard as hell with these cars dying more and more in the salvage yards. Good Luck!
Old 11-16-2020, 12:24 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by CMax03
I did this years ago for the VG30E (SOHC) and had ASP Racing develop those for the SOHC VG30E which didn't exist. I had about 12 made(9 UDP and 3 OEM size) and I still have an extra OEM sized ASP billet racing pulley! Good luck there's lots of folks that talk a good game of being interested then there are those that are completely serious! I would recommend you collect the money first for those interested then if you can't meet the minimum number required for ASP to manufacture call it quits or invest in the remaining ones and sell them later which is hard as hell with these cars dying more and more in the salvage yards. Good Luck!
wait....
if ASP made a batch i assume they saved the programming and it shouldn't be that hard for ASP to blow the dust off and load a program for the VG pulley.

i had a UR one (yeah the OG one) but sold it. now i wish i still have it.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by DanNY
wait....
if ASP made a batch i assume they saved the programming and it shouldn't be that hard for ASP to blow the dust off and load a program for the VG pulley.

i had a UR one (yeah the OG one) but sold it. now i wish i still have it.
yes asp still has and can make the VE30DE pulley. They specifically told me they do not do VG per the email i got from them. This would have been produced asap since I had same amount of vg owners who wanted a set.

This was my first attempt to get a manufacturer to make a batch. Asp only had VE30DE style UDP, nothing for VG30E (believe it was unorthodox that made VG30E pulley). Just as you stated i could just collect funds from the ones that are wanting to order and hold the extra batches and sell as I go but do I want to be out 2 to 3 k and hope VE owners eventually purchase them? Same how people want coilovers but. MATT made a set for his red max and someone found his car in the junker and pulled all his mods, including his coilovers he made just past month. Seemed simple to make, but would take funds to mass produce.

Last edited by crazy4maxima; 03-06-2021 at 01:46 AM.
Old 11-23-2020, 11:38 AM

CMax03 you are correct and I stand corrected. I goof up on the email and stated vg30de instead of vg30e. I emailed and they verified they still have the programming. I am double checking to make sure. If thats the case I will have enough members to get 20 or so for the ordering.

thank you for mentioning it
Old 11-23-2020, 07:18 PM

Yes I Have the ASP VG30E UDP installed and an extra ASP VG30E OEM...They extremely lightweight and work extremely well!
Old 11-23-2020, 08:39 PM

Yes I Have the ASP VG30E UDP installed and an extra ASP VG30E OEM...They extremely lightweight and work extremely well!
looking for the crank seal part number for both ve and vg and found them. Price varies from suppliers. Belts also. I found the 4dsc.com writeup.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:05 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

soo...err am i just calling them up and be like yo get me a VG30 one and that's it or does he need like X number and we have to wait 5 years for them to crank them out a batch?
Old 11-24-2020, 02:13 PM

soo...err am i just calling them up and be like yo get me a VG30 one and that's it or does he need like X number and we have to wait 5 years for them to crank them out a batch?
they don't have vg listed on website which is when I contacted them to see if I can get a group deal. Not sure if they are doing single orders. Currently I have about 10 who want order. Waiting on more of not I would put the difference
Old 11-25-2020, 05:25 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

they don't have vg listed on website which is when I contacted them to see if I can get a group deal. Not sure if they are doing single orders. Currently I have about 10 who want order. Waiting on more of not I would put the difference
are you talking about VG or VE or does it not matter to the company as long as they get enough?
Old 11-25-2020, 03:10 PM

are you talking about VG or VE or does it not matter to the company as long as they get enough?
It wasn't mentioned but as long as we reached 20 min for the group deal. Since youre local you can save the shipping cost.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:28 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

wait...20? oh man...yeah i doubt this will kick off.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:41 AM

wait...20? oh man...yeah i doubt this will kick off.
So far I've gotten 10 definite who are down. Still need 10 more. There's another small community of 3rd geners that I'm apart of that I've shared this to.
Old 11-26-2020, 12:22 PM

They (ASP Racing) won't do a party of 12?
Old 11-26-2020, 12:33 PM

See Post #8....I know they have VG Maxima UDP & OEM billet crank pullies I had they built several years ago!
https://maxima.org/forums/1st-3rd-ge...nk-pulley.html
Old 11-26-2020, 01:24 PM

See Post #8....I know they have VG Maxima UDP & OEM billet crank pullies I had they built several years ago!

Any Drawbacks stock vs smaller? Besides the belt sizes.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:01 PM

14 backers 6 to go

We are almost near to the goal of 20. I'm going to see if getting 15 would ASP would do this. I know this forum doesn't get much views especially from 3rd geners I will wait a few more days and see if anymore people want to order. If you know anyone with a 3rd gen pls refer them to this deal. THANKS
Old 11-30-2020, 08:52 AM

We are almost near to the goal of 20. I'm going to see if getting 15 would ASP would do this. I know this forum doesn't get much views especially from 3rd geners I will wait a few more days and see if anymore people want to order. If you know anyone with a 3rd gen pls refer them to this deal. THANKS
Spread the news on NICO and Nissan Forums then.....
Old 11-30-2020, 10:46 AM

Spread the news on NICO and Nissan Forums then.....
thanks. Forgot about that
Old 11-30-2020, 04:33 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Any Drawbacks stock vs smaller? Besides the belt sizes.
dimmer headlights maybe?
it's supposed to reduce the load for the alternator if your pulley is undersized but i don't think that makes that much of a difference.
Old 12-07-2020, 08:46 AM

dimmer headlights maybe?
it's supposed to reduce the load for the alternator if your pulley is undersized but i don't think that makes that much of a difference.
It never affected my alternator output...I was still producing 13.1-13.8 at idle with a load....But if you're running massive audio the OEM lightweight pully is the ticket. I'm not an audio freak a good working OEM system works great for me. Massive woofers, amps, etc are all just extra weight.
Old 12-07-2020, 08:47 AM

dimmer headlights maybe?
It never affected my alternator output...I was still producing 13.1-13.8 at idle with a load....But if you're running massive audio the OEM lightweight pully is the ticket. I'm not an audio freak a good working OEM system works great for me. Massive woofers, amps, etc are all just extra weight.
Old 12-07-2020, 11:46 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

well my set up a little unusual since the battery is in the trunk and etc.
the AC i noticed was not as cool...maybe it's mental but i noticed that it wasn't as cold as it was before. at the end of the day i just said forget it and threw the stock one back on and eventually someone bought the UR pulley i had.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:09 PM

I was told by the rep that it doesn't affect the charging systems or ac at all everything still works as it should. Unless your doing power hungry huge systems then maybe. So far I have gotten 5 payments and still awaiting more and ive posted this all over. Seems that the forums have less activity. As for the stock size they wanted 20 of that order to make them and they would be asking 250+for stock sized aluminum. No one will spend that unfortunately and it was for the VE. VG stock size pulley wasn't made just the under drive. Im still waiting on more to order and I will just do the rest myself and sell later on in the future. I need about 7 more orders so I figure I'll do 4 ve and 3 vg. I also priced out 3 belts and oil seal 191.88 shipped ve and 17x.xx for the vg all in.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:21 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

what's exactly underdrived then?

water pump?
alternator?
steering pump?
AC?
Old 12-07-2020, 12:23 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

I was told by the rep that it doesn't affect the charging systems or ac at all everything still works as it should. Unless your doing power hungry huge systems then maybe. So far I have gotten 5 payments and still awaiting more and ive posted this all over. Seems that the forums have less activity. As for the stock size they wanted 20 of that order to make them and they would be asking 250+for stock sized aluminum. No one will spend that unfortunately and it was for the VE. VG stock size pulley wasn't made just the under drive. Im still waiting on more to order and I will just do the rest myself and sell later on in the future. I need about 7 more orders so I figure I'll do 4 ve and 3 vg. I also priced out 3 belts and oil seal 191.88 shipped ve and 17x.xx for the vg all in.
wait...CMax you have the stock sized for the VG right? Same company made that pulley as the company in the GD?
Old 12-07-2020, 12:47 PM

water pump?
alternator?
steering pump?
AC?
Our VG30E SOHC is 20% underdrive . I do not have any weights for stock vrs underdrive. As for charging issues we never stocked this part so no idea what the side effects are. Making them stock size would require the 20 pc min as it is not the same part or programs. 250.00 each for that.
The VE30DE DOHC stock weight is 8.5lbs. Our underdrive is 2.75 lbs. Stock would be 250.00. We never saw any charging or cooling problems with the underdrive.

Just going from a steel to an alum stock sized part is going to make the car RPM faster , not free up any HP as we are not slowing any accessories down.

I've read that wrong. So yes 20% underdriven.

Old 12-07-2020, 04:28 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

so does that mean all the accessories are 20% slower?
that includes...
water pump
steering
alternator
AC

so they have the stock VG sized pulley program and made them at some point but it's not part of the GD because it requires a separate programming to be loaded and they don't want to spend the time to do that on the CNC.

being that it's underdriven means that there's less drag on the engine to spin the accessories because it's driven at a slower pace given a certain revolution speed of the crank. Anytime you reduce the weight that's attached to the engine you allow the engine to rev up faster. that itself frees up power because it's not used to push that additional weight to it. when you add the underdrive factor you free up a little more because the engine is not working as hard to spin the accessories bolted to the engine at the given stock speed. you add that along with a lighten flywheel you really free up a good chunk of weight on the engine.

as stated...the downer is slower accessories (may be ok for some) and for manual trans guys there's less inertia so as fast as the revs goes up it will go down faster since there's less inertia spinning the additional weight around.
Old 12-14-2020, 08:20 PM

I completely understand. According to the email not many will have issues with normal driving functions. Maybe those that are using heavy electrical demand of the alternator would have an issue.
As for those who are wanting to get into this please message me and we can work on something. I completely understand that with the current situation and holidays people might have difficulties. 12 are in of the 20 needed. Looking to finalize and place the order soon.

VE 145 shipped Pulley only
VE Pulley Kit Includes 3 belts (Gates) and crank oil seal $191.88
VG Pulley 145 shipped
VG Pulley Kit includes 3 belts (Gates) and crank oil seal $178.84

Thanks
Izzy
Old 12-25-2020, 01:35 PM

Up to 13 requests, one hasn't responded back to my pms. we are almost to the goal of 20. If I can get two more to buy in I will purchase the remaining 5 and sell them in the future (2 VG and 3VE). I want to thank those whom paid in advance and for the continued patients. Izzy
Old 12-28-2020, 09:30 PM

My VG with a ASP-UDP hasn't had any charging problems....
Old 12-28-2020, 09:45 PM

UDP Pulley Update. All 3rd gen owners, we are close to getting this done. I still have open spaces for 5. Many paid but some are still pending payment and cannot officially count them toward the goal. If you're interested in getting in on this modification message me. I cannot see this opportunity coming up again. ASP will only do 20 minimum order. So once this is done, someone will have to do another 20 pieces and it would be more difficult to achieve. If you have any questions or make arrangements please do feel free to message me.
Old 01-02-2021, 01:16 PM

Almost to the goal
We need a few more to complete the 20. Currently 11 paid orders 5 more pending payment. That put us at 16. Payments will be due by next week and submitting it to ASP. Once in a blue moon opportunity to get in this. Once this deal is done someone else would need to do another run of 20. Thanks Izzy
Old 01-05-2021, 07:31 AM

You may have to pay for the extra 5 to get them made and then sell them to late comers....
Old 01-05-2021, 07:39 AM

well my set up a little unusual since the battery is in the trunk and etc.
the AC i noticed was not as cool...maybe it's mental but i noticed that it wasn't as cold as it was before. at the end of the day i just said forget it and threw the stock one back on and eventually someone bought the UR pulley i had.
My 3rd gen battery is in the trunk as well....

ASP Racing made both OEM and Underdrive pulleys again I have their UDP installed and an extra OEM billet pulley as well!

The Crank is smaller turning the accessories slower! Same as UR...

water pump?
alternator?
steering pump?
AC?
wait...CMax you have the stock sized for the VG right? Same company made that pulley as the company in the GD?
Again ASP racing made my pulleys UDP and OEM....
Old 01-05-2021, 07:42 AM

Check out #11 post please.....

Quick Reply: Anyone looking for ASP UDP new for VE30DE