3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Programming the Keyless Entry Remote

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 09:26 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Programming the Keyless Entry Remote

Does anyone have any experience with programming/reprogramming the keyless entry remote for the stock security system? I did a search and only found instructions for 4th Gen's and up, but nothing for 3rd Gens. I have an 89 SE with the factory alarm system, but a remote for the alarm didn't come with my car, and I 'accidentally' discovered that the security system worked one time I had locked the car with the key but left the windows opened. I went to open the door from the latch instead of using the key, and the alarm went off! Now I plan on getting a remote from ebay, but before I do, I want to make sure that I can program it once I receive it.

Does anybody know if the instructions that are on this site for the 4th Gens and newer will work for our 3rd Gens? Please let me know as soon as possible, so I can make sure I get one if it does work (seems easy enough to program).

Thanks in advance!

peace2u
Old 02-15-2002, 10:31 AM

no 3rd gens came stock with a remote alarm, all of them do have the nissan alarm but there is no remote for it

many have added aftermarket stuff too which isn't too hard
Old 02-15-2002, 05:12 PM

Originally posted by «§»Craig B«§»
no 3rd gens came stock with a remote alarm, all of them do have the nissan alarm but there is no remote for it

many have added aftermarket stuff too which isn't too hard
3rd gens did come with a remote for keyless entry, i see it in my nissan pamphlet! unless it was all a lie!
Old 02-16-2002, 01:30 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by ngthing

3rd gens did come with a remote for keyless entry, i see it in my nissan pamphlet! unless it was all a lie!
It's all a lie!

Maybe it's one of those things the dealer can install for you there? I've never heard of anyone with factory remote alarm or entry...
Old 02-16-2002, 10:53 AM

Originally posted by ngthing

mine came with one. although it doesnt work because when the batteries dies it needs to be reprogrammed its like 50 bucks or something. what a rip off. why not just spend some more money and get a real alarm with 2 remotes that actually work.
Old 02-17-2002, 03:53 PM

ok basically i went through the same crap and i did reprogrammed my keyless entry. so what u need to do is go under ur glove compartment and find what seems to be a siler box that says anit-theft system or something like that. all u need to do is just write down a 7 - digit number and then u go outside of ur maxima with all the doors closed and locked and u just press clear and then punch in the 7 - digit number and there is goin' to be a long beepin' goin' on and then u put in the new code u want. after all that u can then unlock the doors, open the trunk, open the two front windows including the sunroof (if u have a sunroof). and thats it ur done. if u still have any problems just email me at : majestic2525@aol.com and one thing our maximas never came with a remote for the keyless entry.
Old 02-17-2002, 04:16 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

hes not tlaking about that keyless entry(on the door handle)...hes talking about an actual remote key-less entry like you get with an alarm system!

Originally posted by GRNMAXDMON
ok basically i went through the same crap and i did reprogrammed my keyless entry. so what u need to do is go under ur glove compartment and find what seems to be a siler box that says anit-theft system or something like that. all u need to do is just write down a 7 - digit number and then u go outside of ur maxima with all the doors closed and locked and u just press clear and then punch in the 7 - digit number and there is goin' to be a long beepin' goin' on and then u put in the new code u want. after all that u can then unlock the doors, open the trunk, open the two front windows including the sunroof (if u have a sunroof). and thats it ur done. if u still have any problems just email me at : majestic2525@aol.com and one thing our maximas never came with a remote for the keyless entry.
Old 02-17-2002, 07:44 PM

Originally posted by DA-MAX
hes not tlaking about that keyless entry(on the door handle)...hes talking about an actual remote key-less entry like you get with an alarm system!

Atleast there maxs are not as slow as them
Old 02-20-2002, 10:52 AM

DA-MAX is right...

I now see that my question was misinterpreted by some of you. DA-MAX got it - I was asking about the remote for the factory alarm. I have an 89SE, but I don't have the keyless entry keypad on the front doors. When I bought the car, it didn't come with a remote for the alarm, but the factory alarm is still functional. I wanted to know if I could buy a remote from ebay that would work on the factory alarm that my car hase. If not, then I guess I'll have to get a new alarm installed anyway. I was hoping that I could at least have the remote capability until I decided to get an aftermarket alarm installed. If anybody knows otherwise, please let me know!

Thanks for all of your replies. Sorry for the confusing question.

peace2u