3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

rx7 vs VG and im not bs-ing

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 06:15 PM

rx7 vs VG and im not bs-ing

im coming back from lunch with my friend in the car and we're stopped at a light, a baby blue 1st generation comes up quick in my rear view and juts into the lane next to me, he looks over, i rev, he dips his throttle and nods back, the light flips, and we take off, the jump went to him by about 2/3 of a car but lets remember these are cars that are about the size of my *****, i guess that wasn't too bad of a launch considering the rwd of the rx7 (someone correct me if im wrong), by the end of 1st i was almost even, and as soon as a banged down into 2nd the lard *** was offically walked on my the vg power plant, score one for the good guys
Old 02-26-2002, 06:38 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Good kill.
Old 02-26-2002, 07:00 PM

those older rx7s are just for confidance boosting, what do you think about the launch, does the torque or a 3 liter plus fwd out class rwd plus 1.3?
Old 02-26-2002, 07:10 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by nardo'89SE
those older rx7s are just for confidance boosting, what do you think about the launch, does the torque of a 3 liter plus fwd out class rwd plus 1.3?
VG's are all-iron motors (so to speak, not literally). That's a lot of weight over the front wheels. 1st gen RX-7's only had like 105hp, but they were also VERY light. I wouldn't say out class, but a torquey, FWD with real weight over the drive wheels should take a 1st gen RX-7. I'd get new tires ASAP, spinning at 1400 RPM makes me worry that you could easily lock up your tires braking. I could lock up my old ones braking hard and I had to drop at like 2000 plus full throttle to break 'em loose. If you aren't buying your tires, let whoever is ride in it and show them how easily they lock up. If you have that much trouble launching, let the car bog before you go full throttle, it's harder to spin a tire once it catches traction. Hold the gas around 2k, drop the clutch and when the engine bogs quickly feed throttle to WOT while feeling for tirespin.