3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Window ventshades

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 12:13 PM

Window ventshades

Hey guys, I just installed my window vent shades, and it seems tighter now for the window to roll up all the way. Anyone else have these vent shades, and if so, do your windows roll up all the way? Mine go up almost all the way ..except for the back part of the window (on the front windows) is open a slight crack...maybe less than a centimeter and I am just worried about a whistling sound when i drive down the street or something. Anyway to fix this without cutting the rubber molding? Thanks!
Old 04-20-2002, 12:38 PM

I put those damn things on and hated them. The reason your windows aren't goin up all the way is because you shoved those things in there. The gap is the perfect size for the window, now you've taken away about half the gap with those shades. It looks good on some cars, but not ours. My oponion.
Old 04-20-2002, 03:33 PM

Re: Window ventshades

Originally posted by drsprite
Hey guys, I just installed my window vent shades, and it seems tighter now for the window to roll up all the way. Anyone else have these vent shades, and if so, do your windows roll up all the way? Mine go up almost all the way ..except for the back part of the window (on the front windows) is open a slight crack...maybe less than a centimeter and I am just worried about a whistling sound when i drive down the street or something. Anyway to fix this without cutting the rubber molding? Thanks!
I had the same problem when I first got the ventshades installed. Now mine roll all the way up again. It just takes time for the weatherstrip to shape itself.
When I first got them there was like a 2 inch gap (Which sounds worse then yours). When you get home for the night just try and shove the window up into the gap so it closes, eventually the weatherstrip should contour to the shape. Hope this helps.
Old 04-20-2002, 04:17 PM

Re: Re: Window ventshades

Originally posted by pimpofbrooklyn

I had the same problem when I first got the ventshades installed. Now mine roll all the way up again. It just takes time for the weatherstrip to shape itself.
When I first got them there was like a 2 inch gap (Which sounds worse then yours). When you get home for the night just try and shove the window up into the gap so it closes, eventually the weatherstrip should contour to the shape. Hope this helps.
Thats what i was hoping would happen. Thanks, I really like the way they look, just have to get used to them from the inside now
Old 04-20-2002, 04:26 PM

Originally posted by 93maxVG
I put those damn things on and hated them. The reason your windows aren't goin up all the way is because you shoved those things in there. The gap is the perfect size for the window, now you've taken away about half the gap with those shades. It looks good on some cars, but not ours. My oponion.
agree, they look when you put all these plastic shades, covers and guards on (window vent shades, sunroof deflector, tinted headlight/tail covers etc) it just makes the whole car look "tacky" Or as i call it a "rice beater"...those dam tinted headlight covers went out of style like ages ago and i still see them on 80s mustangs at my school
Old 04-20-2002, 04:50 PM

Originally posted by Maximan190

agree, they look when you put all these plastic shades, covers and guards on (window vent shades, sunroof deflector, tinted headlight/tail covers etc) it just makes the whole car look "tacky" Or as i call it a "rice beater"...those dam tinted headlight covers went out of style like ages ago and i still see them on 80s mustangs at my school
I personally think they look decent on my car. I don't have the sunroof shade on, nor will it go on...and the GTS headlight covers look tacky for our style car...*shrug* looks good to me
Old 04-20-2002, 05:02 PM

Originally posted by drsprite

I personally think they look decent on my car. I don't have the sunroof shade on, nor will it go on...and the GTS headlight covers look tacky for our style car...*shrug* looks good to me
well i bet wont look too terrible with just the vents on but as soon as people start putting on every little plastic accessory they can find then its just wrong
Old 04-21-2002, 09:02 AM

kinda like when people put all that chrome door trim on every lil crease their car might have....i hate that with a passion!!!
Old 04-21-2002, 12:02 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

;

I only had them on that day and my friend gave um to me, I sold them with my gxe
Old 04-21-2002, 12:38 PM

i like how th headlight covers look on black se maxs im tring to get every thing black on my max
Old 04-22-2002, 02:19 PM

Re: Re: Window ventshades

Originally posted by pimpofbrooklyn

I did what you said and pushed them up at night, and now they roll up all the way. Thanks for the advice
Old 04-22-2002, 05:10 PM

When I put mine on I noticed that my seals were cracked in places and so I replaced all of them. Now, they roll up great. I think that was my problem, but yeah I had that happen too...
Old 04-23-2002, 12:27 AM

Where's the cheapest place to get said ventshades?
Old 04-23-2002, 03:35 AM

Originally posted by PDubs
Where's the cheapest place to get said ventshades?
I went to www.jcwhitney.com and found them for my car...I don't know if they are the cheapest, that was the first place I looked. I think they were $60 shipped, not sure...
Old 04-23-2002, 07:34 AM

$55 at o reilly autoparts. u have to order them