3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

"Ice" reviews Warpspeed gen 3 Y pipe.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2000, 09:50 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hey Dan, The install went great. A lift would have made a hell of a differece, but all I had were jackstands. Oh well, the only thing that I need to do is go yank the stock gasket from the cat. I didn't see one during the install so I figured that there wasn't a stock gasket. Dallas tells me that there is and that its layered metal gasket which might need to be pryed off. Two gaskets aren't better than one, so to prevent leaks I need to take care of that. I don't hear any whistling or anything like that, which would suggest a leak but its good to be safe. Other than that it went great like I mentioned.

The performance is there!! I remeber my first review was kinda mild, but it was the first night I had it on and I had to go to work so I really couldn't test her out. Now that it's been on for a coule days and now that the
computer is starting to get used to it I must say there is a big difference. I first told you that I lost some low-end, but now I think I actually gained a good amount of power in the low end. The car revs faster and pulls a lot
harder. I still have yet to test her out on the highway with the OD off, but I'm sure it was gained hella power up top!! Hmm, and another thing is that before I had the pipe my a/c would rob the car of some power and it would
feel sluggish. Now that I have the pipe it seems like the power is there even with the a/c on, which is incredible to me!! I LOVE IT!!!

The noise level has mellowed out a bit. Before the pipe I had a hiflow muffler that produced a mellow tone all the way in the rear of the car. Now that the pipe is in I notice that the muffler has mellowed out quite a bit
more and now there is a healthy grunt that I hear more towards the middle of the car. It really sounds nice and its very mellow, yet it allows me to hear the acoustics of the engine and exhaust.

Dude I'm very happy with the pipe and I endorse it. Feel free to post this email on the gen3 bbs and maxima bbs. I think everyone should know how good
your products are.

Thanks a million,
ICE

Hmmmmmm I think he likes it. Just got our decals, I think he'll like them as well.

Dallas Warpspeedperformance