3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

got a 15% tint yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2000, 05:31 PM

hey there, just wanted to let you all know, I got my windows tinted, 15%. the tint, along with the clear corners makes a WORLD of a difference! the car looks really good now. I will get soem pics soon hopefully!
Old 11-29-2000, 05:35 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

What state do you live in??

Freaking Maryland only allows 35%, but next spring I'm going for 20%!!! Police get on my damn nerves!!!!

Originally posted by ngthing
hey there, just wanted to let you all know, I got my windows tinted, 15%. the tint, along with the clear corners makes a WORLD of a difference! the car looks really good now. I will get soem pics soon hopefully!
Old 11-29-2000, 05:43 PM

Re: What state do you live in??

Originally posted by DA-MAX
Freaking Maryland only allows 35%, but next spring I'm going for 20%!!! Police get on my damn nerves!!!!

I live in WA, I believe legal is 35% too ;p..but of course..my tint is 35% ;p
Old 11-29-2000, 07:45 PM

Re: What state do you live in??

Hey DA-Max do you live in MD? If so what part of MD. That 35% law is a *****. Cops dont ever bother me though. Good thing or I would have to change basically everything on the car!

92GXE, touring wing, 18” racing wheels, Port&Polished intake, custom intake, custom yellow interior, racing seats, back seats taken out and replaced with subs and amps, NOS kit, Suspension tech. Lowering springs, custom grille, soon to be custom painted and have the whole engine rebuilt for big shot NOS and custom SC and tranny converted to 5-speed.

Old 11-29-2000, 07:52 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Silver Spring, Mo County cops are A-holes!!!(lol)

Originally posted by chris92gxe

Hey DA-Max do you live in MD? If so what part of MD. That 35% law is a *****. Cops dont ever bother me though. Good thing or I would have to change basically everything on the car!

92GXE, touring wing, 18” racing wheels, Port&Polished intake, custom intake, custom yellow interior, racing seats, back seats taken out and replaced with subs and amps, NOS kit, Suspension tech. Lowering springs, custom grille, soon to be custom painted and have the whole engine rebuilt for big shot NOS and custom SC and tranny converted to 5-speed.

Old 11-29-2000, 07:56 PM

Damn I live in st. mary's county. Cops around here dont seem to care much. I get kinda scared when I have to drive up in Baltimore and DC. Besides all the pot holes the cops are a *****.

Old 11-29-2000, 10:54 PM

hey john, i thought you already had tint. did you tint over it or take it off? i swear i thought you said you had tint, maybe not though
Old 11-30-2000, 07:43 AM

You guys should move to FL. When I was stationed there you could drive around with limo tint and a state trooper could be right next to you and he wouldn't even give a second glance. I don't know if they have tint laws but if they stop you for something else and the cop wants to be an *** he probably could cite you for illegal tint. Luckily, FL has no state inspection.. WOO HOO.. Sux because I live in VA now and they are so strict about tint that it's not even worth tinting your windows.
Old 11-30-2000, 08:46 AM

Got a question for all you tinters.
I live in MA and the law here is 35%.
I see cars with much darker tints driving around with no problems and never get pulled over. If I get a tint of 25% does this mean that I won't pass inspection? or does this mean that I might get pulled over and ticketed? Which one?
Because if all I have to fear is getting pulled over, then I am not really affraid of that but if I won't pass inspection then my windows are staying at 35%.
I really want to get 25% tint all around and 35% tint in the front.

Old 11-30-2000, 09:08 AM

I'm not sure about your laws, but there are websites out there that have tinting laws for all stats on them. just do a search. in iowa you can have all your back windows painted black if you want. front is really light though something like 80%. but this cop tested my friends mazda and his little tester said they were 35% and really his windows are way darker, like 20%

I'm thinking I'm gonna go 5% on my back windows and 20% on the front
Old 11-30-2000, 09:27 AM
jmwells00

my tint

i live in st. louis, missouri and on my ranger, i have 5% tint on the rear window, and on the side extended-cab windows. I did it myself, from autozone and it looks real good. I have been pulled over probably 3 times since then but never for the tint, and the cop never said anything. I also have a phat 5% sunstrip on the front, never got a ticket for any of it.

Old 11-30-2000, 01:36 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

damn you guys are lucky.....

In NYC, i think the legal % for tint is likee 70!!!!!!! thats like stock tint! holy sh*t. Thats the main reason I haven't gotten tint yet. My friend did his Camry and got a 5% in the back, and 35% side, I like the back, but the 35% on side isn't really that dark, in daytime especially. When I get the spare $ for tint I'll go for 20% on sides, something like 5-10% in the back.
go to http://www.tintdude.com u can find the state laws on tint there.

About the inspection, I know most people pass them with dark tint because they know the mechanics there or give them extra 20$ or so, and they'll pass you.
Old 11-30-2000, 01:38 PM

Originally posted by roman
Got a question for all you tinters.
I live in MA and the law here is 35%.
I see cars with much darker tints driving around with no problems and never get pulled over. If I get a tint of 25% does this mean that I won't pass inspection? or does this mean that I might get pulled over and ticketed? Which one?
Because if all I have to fear is getting pulled over, then I am not really affraid of that but if I won't pass inspection then my windows are staying at 35%.
I really want to get 25% tint all around and 35% tint in the front.

Legaly your car wont pass inspection if the car is tintes too dark. There are tons of ways of getting around it though. I know here in MD there are people who are certified to give inspections and they will pass your car as lond as you have 4 wheels. It shouldnt be hard to find a guy that will inspect it. A lot of times those guys that are like that are cheaper too. Just go to a performance shop and ask if they know anyone. Most likelt they would be the guys to know about that.

Old 11-30-2000, 03:36 PM
wiredmax

I live in WA state & I have my tint at 20% all around..no
cops ever stop me for that. I used to have a 76 monte carlo with 5% limo tint all around...never got stopped once for it. cops usually won't go to the trouble to pull you over just for tint.

Old 11-30-2000, 04:10 PM

My freind had 25% tint and the cops made him peel it off in front of them. He was pissed.
Old 11-30-2000, 04:21 PM

damn thats not right. they shouldnt be able to make him peel it off in front of them ****