3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Laptop Mount?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2002, 07:08 PM

Laptop Mount?

Alright, before I get the red-butt for not searching, I did. and to my dismay, I couldn't find what I am looking for, so I will ask.

I know some people have laptops and/or 'mp3-machines' hooked up into their car. I have a laptop and it's hooked up to my sound system (i figure out how, after posting a thread about this before), my question is, where is a good place to mount that thing? Like, is there a stow-away bar made to have it come out of the glove box and lock out (and in) or something? Or a floor mount?

I want it to look good, but also not be dedicated to my car, since I use my laptop for school...In other words, I don't want to build my laptop into my dashboard

I use it for mp3s and DVDs in my car...hehe...just wished I could find a support bracket that looks good, and does the job

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2002, 10:31 PM

Re: Laptop Mount?

Originally posted by drsprite
Alright, before I get the red-butt for not searching, I did. and to my dismay, I couldn't find what I am looking for, so I will ask.

I know some people have laptops and/or 'mp3-machines' hooked up into their car. I have a laptop and it's hooked up to my sound system (i figure out how, after posting a thread about this before), my question is, where is a good place to mount that thing? Like, is there a stow-away bar made to have it come out of the glove box and lock out (and in) or something? Or a floor mount?

I want it to look good, but also not be dedicated to my car, since I use my laptop for school...In other words, I don't want to build my laptop into my dashboard

I use it for mp3s and DVDs in my car...hehe...just wished I could find a support bracket that looks good, and does the job

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!
Someone else had this same exact question. I remember one of the responses had a link to a site where you could order one of the same types of stands that police cruisers use.

I want to say about 2, maybe 3 months..ish ago?

If not here, try the audio forum.
Old 05-26-2002, 10:53 PM

Re: Laptop Mount?

you can get the "desk" dealyo that sits on the seat and is held in by the seat belt. i never totally understood how the computer never flew off...but my laptop has never flown off from me just putting it smack on the seat. and i drive pretty rough. i can't hook mine up to the radio..but i do work with it in traffic..and if i get sick of music on long drives i listen to a dvd...not safe..i know... but back ot the desk...i remember seeing it in the airplane magazines..but not anywhere else...try office depot and search online for "car desks" i guess. goodluck!
Old 05-27-2002, 07:25 PM

laptop mount

for the type of mount they use in police cars check www.galls.com

http://www.galls.com/shop/viewProduc...jsp?item=VE153

http://www.galls.com/shop/viewProduc...jsp?item=VE099

http://www.galls.com/shop/viewProduc...jsp?item=VE076
http://www.galls.com/shop/viewProduc...jsp?item=VE079

or search under laptop.
Old 05-27-2002, 07:42 PM

Re: laptop mount

Thanks man, I'll definatly check those out.

I appreciate it. I hope they don't look bad, and also offer the passenger enough room... hehe... I'm picky

Oh well, I'll take what I can get, and thanks again!

-Pat