3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Will this wheel + tyre combo fit???

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2002, 07:27 PM

Will this wheel + tyre combo fit???

Hey, just need some info on this wheel + tire combo i want to put on my 93 maxima. I want to go 17" rims with 225/45/17. I also want to lower the car too. I want to know will this rub on my guards. Any info on this would greatly appreciated!!!!

Cheers EdzMax
Old 05-27-2002, 02:38 AM

Re: Will this wheel + tyre combo fit???

Originally posted by EdzMax
Hey, just need some info on this wheel + tire combo i want to put on my 93 maxima. I want to go 17" rims with 225/45/17. I also want to lower the car too. I want to know will this rub on my guards. Any info on this would greatly appreciated!!!!

Cheers EdzMax
http://www.iridiumpower.com/default.asp?flash=1 here just plug in your stock tire size then input the size you want to go... the calculator will show the speedo difference in the size of tire... so far.. it shouldnt be a big issue... with these size tire rim combo, when you travel 60 the spedo will read 58.8mph.. so your speedo will be slow.. not too big of a deal.. just becareful not too speed...;-p just take a look and click
Old 05-27-2002, 03:33 AM

Re: Re: Will this wheel + tyre combo fit???

Originally posted by crazy4maxima
http://www.iridiumpower.com/default.asp?flash=1 here just plug in your stock tire size then input the size you want to go... the calculator will show the speedo difference in the size of tire... so far.. it shouldnt be a big issue... with these size tire rim combo, when you travel 60 the spedo will read 58.8mph.. so your speedo will be slow.. not too big of a deal.. just becareful not too speed...;-p just take a look and click
Thanks for the info, i will remember that. But what i really wanted to know if I did get these wheels, will i rub on the guard? Thats my biggest worry, spending hundreds on tires & then have them wear out on me. Can't afford to spend money on tires. So need to know if anybody has had problems with these tires on thier maxis. Cheers for that, though!!!!
Old 05-27-2002, 07:49 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Re: Re: Re: Will this wheel + tyre combo fit???

Thanks for the info, i will remember that. But what i really wanted to know if I did get these wheels, will i rub on the guard? Thats my biggest worry, spending hundreds on tires & then have them wear out on me. Can't afford to spend money on tires. So need to know if anybody has had problems with these tires on thier maxis. Cheers for that, though!!!!
That size tire if fine IF you get the correct backspacing on the wheels. I have the same tire size and have no rubbing what so ever. It all depends on backsapcing and before you ask no I dont know my backsapcing sorry I didnt ask when I got them.

good luck
Old 05-27-2002, 10:09 AM

oops so sorry this is the link

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

i had copied the worn link , this is the correct one.. sorry about the confusion
Old 05-27-2002, 03:11 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Will this wheel + tyre combo fit???

Originally posted by awsm66

That size tire if fine IF you get the correct backspacing on the wheels. I have the same tire size and have no rubbing what so ever. It all depends on backsapcing and before you ask no I dont know my backsapcing sorry I didnt ask when I got them.

good luck
Thanks awsm66, thats what i wanted to hear. My friend at work wanted to know what is backspacing?? I like ths lights, how much were they?
Old 05-27-2002, 05:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will this wheel + tyre combo fit???

Thanks awsm66, thats what i wanted to hear. My friend at work wanted to know what is backspacing?? I like ths lights, how much were they?
backspacing is alos known as offset

check out www.tirerack.com for some basic info about it (I found info about it on there somewhere before)
Old 05-27-2002, 07:17 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will this wheel + tyre combo fit???

Originally posted by «§»Craig B«§»

backspacing is alos known as offset

check out www.tirerack.com for some basic info about it (I found info about it on there somewhere before)
Oops yeah I ment offset...still reverting back to the old hot rod days.

EdzMax--All of the wheels for front wheel drive cars are measured in offset I think. There is a difference in offset and backspacing. I remember reading about it on here so you should find it if you search for "offset".