3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2002 | 09:39 PM
jeyone

CD Changer

I have a 93 max with the bose CD/cassette combo. My CD player is starting to giving me problems "AGAIN" and i am not going to send the head unit out to have the lense replaced "AGAIN". I am satisfied with the head unit, besides the CD player and would like to put in a CD changer. My Question is has anyone hooked up a CD changer to the Bose cd/cassette combo head unit? Is the only way to hook up the CD changer through the RF module (FM radio frequency)? If yes or no how did it come out (CD sound quality) and is this worth doing? Thanks for any help given
Old 06-09-2002 | 09:47 PM

Re: CD Changer

Originally posted by jeyone
I have a 93 max with the bose CD/cassette combo. My CD player is starting to giving me problems "AGAIN" and i am not going to send the head unit out to have the lense replaced "AGAIN". I am satisfied with the head unit, besides the CD player and would like to put in a CD changer. My Question is has anyone hooked up a CD changer to the Bose cd/cassette combo head unit? Is the only way to hook up the CD changer through the RF module (FM radio frequency)? If yes or no how did it come out (CD sound quality) and is this worth doing? Thanks for any help given
You could use an FM modulator and get it to play the cd's through an FM radio station..so when you put your radio to a certain station you'll hear your CD changer playing. Make sure the cd changer has a good remote control though.