3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

From the ashes.. will rise my Phoenix

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 07:27 AM

From the ashes.. will rise my Phoenix

Thank you everyone for your support of my accident. Thank you very much for letting me know in such short order what you would be interested in off of the car, it has helped me greatly, mostly knowing that if it is totalled, I can recoup some of the loss. I have decided that if the insurance company is going to pay to have the car fixed, I will fix it. I have a friend of mine that has done ALL of my body work, and that of my family, and friends. He will be able to do it for less than other body shops if necessary to keep the car from being totalled (he is retired and does it at his house). If the insurance company deems the car as being totalled, AND there isn't any frame damage, I will fix the car myself. I have a house with a garage, that is what the garage is for!! I have a car available to me to drive indefinitly, so no rush in fixing the Max, I can take my time, and do it right. If however there is frame damage, I will part some of it out, keeping what I will want for the new Maxima I will be getting. 3rd Gen of course, especially considering that after the accident, even the morning after, I felt NO soreness, no whiplash, no aching back, NOTHING. In talking to others that have experiences with Maxima, I have been told that the 3rd gens are the safest, and strongest built generations of Maxima's. I believe it!! If it weren't for the airbag, that really bruised the heck outta my face, my body never knew it was in an accident.

This leads me to a few questions. Will earlier steering wheels without SRS fit the 1993 SE, or should I go aftermarket? What years of cars have front fenders, bumpers (actually just the bumper covers), and front spoilers that will fit my 1993 SE. As for the lights can we say upgrades (BMW angel eyes, projector fog lights etc):-).

I will post picks tonight, and hopefully a short walk-around video. I will let you know if there is the slight chance that I will still be parting it out.