4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

putting the sorona body kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 12:08 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

putting the sorona body kit

i have a sorona body kit that has been on my maxima for awhile now. i wanna attach this sucker on to my ride myself. i have some knowledge of doing this. but it doesn't perfectly fit. like there are spaces in between my maxima and the kit. not big spaces,,but like gaps. is there a paste or some kind of glue that i can buy and paste the kit on along with bolting it down. ex. like on the sideskit. i bolted the front and back. but what can i put in on the inside of the side skit to make it just stick. i tried putting on double sides tape, but when it rains, it eventually falls off. help me out........
Old 07-17-2002, 12:46 PM

I used pop rivets for mine on the side skirts. Your gona need someones help to fit it on and hold it up then get a drill. Drill the hole the same diameter as the pop rivets, and space them evenly. When I had my kit put on Me and a friend molded them in after that with fiber all ( THE BEST) to help smoothen the look out.
Old 07-17-2002, 01:00 PM

Im also interested in doing this in the near future, could you please take some notes/pics whicle ur doing the install? I'd appreciate it much.
Old 07-17-2002, 01:27 PM

Originally posted by 98_Maxima
I used pop rivets for mine on the side skirts. Your gona need someones help to fit it on and hold it up then get a drill. Drill the hole the same diameter as the pop rivets, and space them evenly. When I had my kit put on Me and a friend molded them in after that with fiber all ( THE BEST) to help smoothen the look out.
just wondering... does the paint on your Sarona kit bubble in places and is the front bumper VERY prone to rock damage? you know like little knicks in the front bumper?

Thanks
Old 07-17-2002, 02:29 PM

The Sarona kit is fiberglass, and all fiberglass kits are prone to bubbling. It's the heat that does it. And if the shop didn't put a lot of flex in the paint, then it will be very prone to chipping. My front bumper had like hundreds of rock chips in it. So when I got it repainted, my guy used like 9 coats of paint and 7 coats of clear.

Originally posted by JustMaxin96

just wondering... does the paint on your Sarona kit bubble in places and is the front bumper VERY prone to rock damage? you know like little knicks in the front bumper?

Thanks
Old 07-18-2002, 06:33 AM

Originally posted by Shadow
The Sarona kit is fiberglass, and all fiberglass kits are prone to bubbling. It's the heat that does it. And if the shop didn't put a lot of flex in the paint, then it will be very prone to chipping. My front bumper had like hundreds of rock chips in it. So when I got it repainted, my guy used like 9 coats of paint and 7 coats of clear.

Yeah he knew that it was fibreglass and said that it would still look good. What exactly is flex because they have to repaint the car and I want it to look good!! I have seen people w/ the kit and it looks good so chips or nothing