4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

freaked myself out w/ a camero cop...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 02:19 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

freaked myself out w/ a camero cop...

omfg i was on the highway today (california - 101) and like... i'm driving to work and notice a white camero pulling up from my rear view mirror. I was doin 70 or so and i think he was doin about 90. I was like "lemme keep up w/ him" which wouldnt be too much of a problem... i'm doin about 85 as he's pullin up beside me... and i look over and notice that the top of his car has a freakin police lights... i just let go of the gas and let him smoke me... damn i was afraid he'd pull me over but he didn't. *******it i totally forgot, i read a month ago about CHP- cali highway patrol had recently acquired 76 cameros. dude! u cannot tell it's a cop unless he's close up. The lights on top of the car are hella thin and flat and its also smokey translucent w/ just the blue bulbs inside. I saw him pull over a truck a couple miles later. i guess i lucked out
Old 07-20-2002, 02:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: freaked myself out w/ a camero cop...

Originally posted by nadir_s
omfg i was on the highway today (california - 101) and like... i'm driving to work and notice a white camero pulling up from my rear view mirror. I was doin 70 or so and i think he was doin about 90. I was like "lemme keep up w/ him" which wouldnt be too much of a problem... i'm doin about 85 as he's pullin up beside me... and i look over and notice that the top of his car has a freakin police lights... i just let go of the gas and let him smoke me... damn i was afraid he'd pull me over but he didn't. *******it i totally forgot, i read a month ago about CHP- cali highway patrol had recently acquired 76 cameros. dude! u cannot tell it's a cop unless he's close up. The lights on top of the car are hella thin and flat and its also smokey translucent w/ just the blue bulbs inside. I saw him pull over a truck a couple miles later. i guess i lucked out
From what I know the camaros were used to mostly chase down semi trucks from speeding, driving too much, etc... I believe they are Z28s... So far i've only seen white ones...

Chris
Old 07-20-2002, 03:06 PM

Re: Re: freaked myself out w/ a camero cop...

Originally posted by NISMOPower

From what I know the camaros were used to mostly chase down semi trucks from speeding, driving too much, etc... I believe they are Z28s... So far i've only seen white ones...

Chris
ive seen a couple of Florida HP camaros here and they are painted brown and black like a few HP cars
Old 07-20-2002, 03:11 PM

the colorado state police has some of those z28s i always see them on the way to the airport, they just stalk speeders and there is no escape.........
Old 07-20-2002, 07:04 PM

Originally posted by Miasma
the colorado state police has some of those z28s i always see them on the way to the airport, they just stalk speeders and there is no escape.........
Yea, I see them sometimes here in Colorado too... Miasma, there are at least 2 around the Parker area that I know of (they are unmarked - no lights on top. One has a red racing stripe. What they won't do to catch an unsuspecting speeder... )
Old 07-20-2002, 07:09 PM

they have a single camaro cop here in CT....its at the local "race" place.....its gay :\ ...dont know which model it is, but its got strobes all over the place
Old 07-20-2002, 07:34 PM

theres a green one here in KY and man is he ruthless...
Old 07-20-2002, 08:09 PM

I saw a new red mustang GT cop car the other day in Maryland. Didn't have any lights on the roof or anything. I'll thin k twice before tryin to take on a camaro or mustang in the future.
Old 07-20-2002, 08:17 PM

In colorado now they have crotch rocket cops looking for racers now.
Old 07-20-2002, 08:42 PM

yeah, they got 'em in Washington DC too, some Hondas I believe
Old 07-20-2002, 08:50 PM

oh ****, i cant believe i forgot about this story....

ok, so i live in denver, and work in boulder, that is a good 45 min drive every day. one day, i get up to boulder and am driving on 28th (the main drag) and this pickup is mad tailgating this camero, like inches away. the guy in the camero was going like 5 over the limit at first but once the truck got on his *** he slowed to 10mph below the limit. then when they got to a light, the guy in the camero got out of the car and gave the lady in the truck one hell of a censure, i could hear every word. the guy was in full police uniform, and i could see the radio, computer, radar gun, everything inside this camero. the whole thing was TOTALLY unmarked, he even had normal plates, not government plates. it was sick. that lady pulled over to take a breather right away. i hate tailgaters, and that lady got what she deserved. but damn, that cop looked TOTALLY like a normal car!
Old 07-20-2002, 09:23 PM

yeah, its kinda scary now. u dont really no who could be a cop anymore. i think some cops just drive nice cars as a real daily driver and keep their police stuff in there with them, just incase. not sure though. but this one kid that goes to my school got pulled over by a white mustang GT on the highway and was ticketed. he said he had to pull over after he recieved the ticket to contimplate what the h*ll had just happened
Old 07-20-2002, 11:22 PM

Hawaii cops

We've had cops driving private vehicles for years. They authorized camaros since about 1990 or so. Some cars they use are Camaro Z28 and SS's, Mustang GT's and Cobras, Chevy Impala's, Ford Explorers, Toyota 4 Runners, Nissan Pathfinders and Xterras, and just within the last few months Toyota Camry's (don't ask me why) and the Infinity G35 4 door.
Old 07-21-2002, 12:45 AM

the state police here in NY have been drivin around in camaros except they are painted exactly like a normal state trooper cars and ive only seen 2 on li and there pretty easy to spot however the suffolk county cops have been cruisin dpa in a dark completely unmarked taurus (i think) on the weekends and they just do laps like everyone else and when they pull someone over one cop watches people drive by and if they see somone speeding they go and track em down after they give the tickets. i mean these guys are ruthless!! i saw them pull over like 15 cars in an hour just one after another. its so hard to tell that these guys are cops that people just roll up next to them doin about 15 mph over the limit and just keep goin. dpa is just not a good place to drive fast let alone race.
Old 07-21-2002, 12:51 AM

same exact thing happened to me last weekend, cruising around 75 and seeing this guy comming really fast behind me thinking its some guy trying to start a race and I look over and realized its a camaro chp.
Old 07-21-2002, 12:56 AM

isn't there some kind of law that says that cops somehow have to show themselves as cops before they pull you over. That's why when a cp is camping out for speeders at night, they have to have their headlights on to know that they are a cop.
Old 07-21-2002, 01:49 AM

Originally posted by korupter
isn't there some kind of law that says that cops somehow have to show themselves as cops before they pull you over. That's why when a cp is camping out for speeders at night, they have to have their headlights on to know that they are a cop.
Because of the "Blue Light Rapist" (as$hole with a blue dash light in civilian car pulling women over, then raping them), Louisiana cops must be identifiable in some manner. This can be by marked car, or simply uniform (or parts of it). No state I know of require cops to have any type lights on at night while waiting for speeders or other law breakers. A lot will keep their parking lights atleast on only for safety reasons (would you like to sit on the side of the interstate at night, with no lights, while people fly by?). Also, if a cop on the side of the road with parking or headlights on gets people to slow the f*** down, he's done his job, hasn't he? There's more ways than writing tickets to get people to act right. Some jurisdictions (Shreveport LA) use "ghost cars" (unoccupied, extra marked units strategically parked to give the illusion of a police presence). I've even seen "ghost cars" with a mannequin inside to further the illusion (have my picture with one outside Camp Lejeune, NC). Also, cops write many reports, and a lot of the time will find someplace to "hide" just to catch up on their paperwork where people won't walk up to them and bother them. But if you go speeding by or doing something else stupid, the report can be finished later...Keep in mind that if you consistently break the law, odds are you will get busted for it. A lot of departments use many different types of vehicles. Most detective cars are totally unmarked (in Shreveport they'll have regular tags, even), and are usually whatever the department can afford to get the most of. S'port uses a lot of Ford Taurus's. Granted they may not be the best choice for a pursuit, but no car made can out run the radio. For all those who "cruise" in triple digits, especially in traffic, I hope you get stopped and thrown in jail till you learn your lesson (only if you don't crash and burn). For those who don't do it, I apologize if this offends you, as it wasn't meant to. If you want to race, take it to the track. If you don't act stupid, immature, and irresponsible behind the wheel by blatantly breaking the law, you really don't need to be concerned too much with what the cops are driving. They aren't after you!
Old 07-21-2002, 06:37 AM

South Carolina uses them too.

One tried to taunt me to pass him last weekend. Since it was Dawn I pulled out the video camera and tried to tape some of it. He saw the camera then went after someone else(one of the two vehicles that past us speeding) who past us while he(cop) was trying to entrap us.
Old 07-21-2002, 07:01 AM

Here in Southern Ontario, look out for the Chevy Impala. There were a couple of dark blue ones on the QEW from Niagara Falls to Hamilton (This is the route into Canada for any of you NY daytrippers). I was being followed by one at one point and it was near impossible to tell the difference. The only thing you can do is slow down a bit if you see one, then check out who's driving. At night, the cops driving those cars are going to be handing out a bunch of tickets.
Old 07-21-2002, 08:26 AM
Custom User Title

Just got back from canada (i live in iowa) and i saw a good handfull of camaro cop cars pulling over people..damn camaros. And in canada they got some shiny 2000/2001 impalas as cop cars (LOL) What is it with police and GM?!?

Japan..they got skyline cop cars