4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Don't want to deal with Autoloc? One-Touch Sunroof from I30?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 10:49 AM

Don't want to deal with Autoloc? One-Touch Sunroof from I30?

Originally posted by emax95 On "Max vs. I30"
a VLSD and traction control,it also has a rear sunshade and auto dimming rear view mirror,chrome door handels {inside and out} 1 touch power sunroof,chrome door sills and a better warranty so I give two thumbs up to the I30 specialy if you can find one with a 5SPD {I can't}.
Did anyone ever think of taking the One touch system out of an I30 and using that for their Max? It seems like too much trouble to go through the tilt, open/close, sunroof confused thing that the Autoloc system has.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....+touch+sunroof (look in the second paragraph about Neg/Pos polarity and sunroof's confusion)

Walt
Old 08-03-2002, 11:20 AM
Ramius83

Somehow, Micah95GLE bought his 95' SE new with the one touch open sunroof. Try contacting him about the setup.....

Old 08-06-2002, 12:08 AM

Originally posted by Ramius83
Somehow, Micah95GLE bought his 95' SE new with the one touch open sunroof. Try contacting him about the setup.....
I talked to him. He said he somehow lucked out and got a "preproduction model" and that he has all sorts of stuff that normal maxes don't have. So now I must restate, would it be possible to pull the one-touch system from an I30 and install it in a Max? Has someone tried?
-Walt
Old 08-06-2002, 05:24 AM

Re: Don't want to deal with Autoloc? One-Touch Sunroof from I30?

My 98 I30 doesn't have a one touch sunroof, and I haven't seen one with this feature. I'd love to add this though so if you figure it out LMK.

]
Originally posted by thisasian

Did anyone ever thing of taking the One touch system out of an I30 and using that for their Max? It seems like too much trouble to go through the tilt, open/close, sunroof confused thing that the Autoloc system has.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....+touch+sunroof (look in the second paragraph about Neg/Pos polarity and sunroof's confusion)

Walt
Old 08-06-2002, 10:05 AM

Re: Re: Don't want to deal with Autoloc? One-Touch Sunroof from I30?

Originally posted by Gates
My 98 I30 doesn't have a one touch sunroof, and I haven't seen one with this feature. I'd love to add this though so if you figure it out LMK.

]
Here is the Max vs. I30 post that I got that from. If it isn't in our car, and it isn't in the I30... could we still get one from a new Max or just some other car with this feature?
Walt
Old 08-06-2002, 12:41 PM

Re: Re: Re: Don't want to deal with Autoloc? One-Touch Sunroof from I30?

Hmm, maybe this is included in the Touring models only? I know there are a few i30t owners on the org, we could find out from them. In that post he hadn't found the i30 yet though, so maybe he wasn't sure? I'll try to find out a little more though, as I'm just as interested as you are. I use my sunroof almost every time I go for a ride, I wouldn't mind installing the Autoloc but the need to tilt the sunroof defeats a lot of the convenience that we're looking for.

Here is the Max vs. I30 post that I got that from. If it isn't in our car, and it isn't in the I30... could we still get one from a new Max or just some other car with this feature?
Walt
Old 08-06-2002, 02:06 PM
Kevlo for President

wat bout 2000+ plus max's
Old 08-06-2002, 10:40 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't want to deal with Autoloc? One-Touch Sunroof from I30?

Originally posted by Gates
I use my sunroof almost every time I go for a ride, I wouldn't mind installing the Autoloc but the need to tilt the sunroof defeats a lot of the convenience that we're looking for.
I never fully understood what they meant by "tilt." Yes, I totally feel ya on enjoying my sunroof evertime I go out. Its pretty stupid, yet amazing that a big hole in your roof can make driving more pleasurable.

On the technical side, what is it that makes a sunroof/window "one-touch" automatic?
Old 08-07-2002, 12:02 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't want to deal with Autoloc? One-Touch Sunroof from I30?

"Tilt" meaning the other sunroof button which will lift the rear of the sunroof about an inch up.

I never fully understood what they meant by "tilt." Yes, I totally feel ya on enjoying my sunroof evertime I go out. Its pretty stupid, yet amazing that a big hole in your roof can make driving more pleasurable.

On the technical side, what is it that makes a sunroof/window "one-touch" automatic?
Old 08-07-2002, 04:21 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

I have an I30t and no "one tuch" sunroof. I have every option available (except the automatic) so I don't think it was offerd, at least in 96.