4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I know the general consensus about AlkaPlus is poor around here....

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 02:21 PM

I know the general consensus about AlkaPlus is poor around here....

..but does anyone have anything positive to say about their simulated wood trim? They said they'd sell the GLE finishing/matching pieces (climate control, clock, center a/c vents) for $50. So has anyone bought the wood trim from them? (I know they suck for aluminum and carbon fiber.)
Old 08-16-2002, 02:30 PM

Re: I know the general consensus about AlkaPlus is poor around here....

Originally posted by voltman
..but does anyone have anything positive to say about their simulated wood trim? They said they'd sell the GLE finishing/matching pieces (climate control, clock, center a/c vents) for $50. So has anyone bought the wood trim from them? (I know they suck for aluminum and carbon fiber.)
I have to steer you away. Its not only the quality of there materials but also the fitment is really bad. And they have no customer Assistance.
Old 03-28-2003, 05:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I haven't sat inside another Maxima with OEM wood trim to compare with, but as far as the 30-piece Maxima wood-dash kit from AlkaPlus is concerned I am very pleased with the final result. If you take the time to install each piece center over the dash part you are covering, you should have evenly spaced gaps. IMHO, the gaps are acceptable. Sitting from the driver's seat, the overall effect is very good. Standing outside the car looking in, the effect is excellent.
Old 03-28-2003, 05:26 PM

Wow! I bought my 30 piece dash kit (Oxford Burlwood) from here and had no problems at all, except they forgot my instrument gauge panel piece. I called them, and it arrived within two days! My fitment worked out alright. They are not totally flush, but most dash kits are like that, unless the pieces are molded and contour around the panels.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I had them send me out a package with samples and all the Maxima templates for me to look at for their different styles...the way I see it , every dash kit has had complaints from someone who had it...there is always things that you would change or mold differently.
Old 03-28-2003, 10:54 PM

Do not buy dash kit from Wood Dash Factory!

If you decide against Alka-Plus, DO NOT buy from WoodDashFactory.com, no matter how good the price seems.
They sell crap. And do not back up their warranty. They bought out several other dash kit companies, and are pawning off those companies very poor quality dash kits in stock as high quality kits. AVOID WOOD DASH FACTORY LIKE THE PLAQUE!