4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Blue Magic/FSTB/Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 12:30 PM

Blue Magic/FSTB/Windshield

Random subject I know, but I've got some random thoughts today:

I used some Blue Magic Plastic Cleaner on my gauge cluster and it came out great. Very good product. Only problem I had was that it dries into a poweder and some of that got behind the plastic through the gap around the trip reset button/switch. I figure I can clean that out if/when I change the bulbs to red back there. I'm also looking to get a small o-ring to fit around that gap for future cleanings. Anyone try that or something similar?

I installed my FSTB that I bought off eBay 2 weeks ago. $32 including shipping, great deal. Very pleased with the results, much tighter handling going into corners. Easy to do, 20 min, and I'm a novice. It sits a bit close to some wires but it doesn't seem like it's a problem. Right?

My windshield was finally installed properly after 4 tries. I do not reccommend Assurance Autoglass, they're nice and all, but did a sloppy, careless job. Left broken glass all over my new leather seats, no damage just frustrating.

And if anyone is heading to VT avoid Rt. 9 at all costs. It's being re-done and for 20+ miles it's a dirt/stone/rock road. I became more and more enraged everytime I heard a stone hit the car. Quite irritating but no major damage thankfully.
Old 09-09-2002, 03:16 PM
dko
duck and cover

Re: Blue Magic/FSTB/Windshield

Originally posted by laba
I used some Blue Magic Plastic Cleaner on my gauge cluster and it came out great. Very good product.
you used it on the plastic window in front of the gauges, right? my gauge window is a little fogged (prob. too much armor all at the dealership) and I have been able to get some of it off with a lot of work. do you think this stuff would help?
Old 09-10-2002, 12:16 AM

Re: Re: Blue Magic/FSTB/Windshield

Originally posted by dko

you used it on the plastic window in front of the gauges, right? my gauge window is a little fogged (prob. too much armor all at the dealership) and I have been able to get some of it off with a lot of work. do you think this stuff would help?
I just did mine yesterday with the Blue Magic Plastic cleaner. Worked great. Did my gauge panel, clock face and all of my plastic light covers (headlights, turns, etc...). It will remove small hairline scratches, but not bigger ones. Adds a nice, smooth, crystal clear finish. It does leave a white powder as previously stated. I used Q-tips for the clock face. I'm going to go over the gauge panel some more because I do have a mysterious "fog" spot around my trip odometer button. I think that is from the previous owner using glass cleaner with ammonia (ammonia clouds plastic lenses, and also window tint).The o-ring around the trip odometer button is a good idea. Thanks laba. Also, be sure not to clean your gauge panel with papertowels, as they will add hairline scratches.

Dave