4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Question about aftermarket headlight wiring kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 03:25 PM

Question about aftermarket headlight wiring kit

Okay, I have one. Before I got it, the right bulb, always kept blowing, but the left side was fine. Okay so I got the upgraded kit, and the right side is still blowing. Granted it takes a little longer to blow, but it's still blowing. Any info would be extremely nice.

K
Old 09-11-2002, 05:42 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

Re: Question about aftermarket headlight wiring kit

Originally posted by DARTHSWAN
Okay, I have one. Before I got it, the right bulb, always kept blowing, but the left side was fine. Okay so I got the upgraded kit, and the right side is still blowing. Granted it takes a little longer to blow, but it's still blowing. Any info would be extremely nice.

K

Hmm... check you're wiring for your right headlight bulb. Follow it all the way back and see if its grounding out somewhere. If all else fails, try re-wiring it directly to the fuse box and into the headlight relay (disconnect or cut the original wire and just connect it using your own). Good luck
Old 09-11-2002, 05:50 PM

ouch what a nasty problem
Old 09-11-2002, 06:57 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Are you blowing the bulb? or the socket? If it's the bulb, than it's problem with not bulb and not the wiring.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:27 PM

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
Are you blowing the bulb? or the socket? If it's the bulb, than it's problem with not bulb and not the wiring.
I'm blowing the bulb, and it looks like the socket is starting to go.

K
Old 09-11-2002, 09:52 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

Originally posted by DARTHSWAN

I'm blowing the bulb, and it looks like the socket is starting to go.

K

well if you keep blowing bulbs, then something is obviously wrong w/ ure socket. I still suggest trying that method. i mean... why not? you have nothing to lose and i bet you it'd solve your problem.

Try this... cut the positive wire of the right headlight and add an extention wire and run it to your left headlight and splice it into its positive wire.

BTW- can u be more specific about ure "upgraded kit"... that means it replaces your OEM socket right? So I'm guessing if it's still blowing, the wiring may be screwed up and somehow the wires are shorting out
Old 09-14-2002, 09:02 AM

Originally posted by nadir_s

well if you keep blowing bulbs, then something is obviously wrong w/ ure socket. I still suggest trying that method. i mean... why not? you have nothing to lose and i bet you it'd solve your problem.

Try this... cut the positive wire of the right headlight and add an extention wire and run it to your left headlight and splice it into its positive wire.

BTW- can u be more specific about ure "upgraded kit"... that means it replaces your OEM socket right? So I'm guessing if it's still blowing, the wiring may be screwed up and somehow the wires are shorting out
The upgrade kit plugs into the old sockets. Got it from Group Buy Center. I'm going to take a look at it, when my mom gets back with my car. She just loves to drive it.

K