4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

raced a stang grrrr

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 10:30 PM
henock

raced a stang grrrr

I have 97 gxe auto

i saw a vette rolling around so i wanted to catch his attention.. i opened up a bit, enough for some nice sounds outta my car.. but he didnt turn his head. right as the vette turned away, a v6 stang comes up with someone giving me the look. "oh boy" i think.

I wasn't sure if it was on, so i went half throttle off the line (besides, there was a yellow-lighter turning left), and he goes for it, then i do. big mistake. by this time he was about a full length ahead of me. there was a bit of an incline coming up, and i started creeping up to him around 2/3rd gear.. not sure since im an auto.. but i had to shut it down because of traffic. i'm kinda mad i didn't win.. if i had the chance i would have beat him. it sounded like he was stock.. i'm stock too. viva newb wars!

oh, i would have probably won IF I HAD MY DAMN FRANKENCAR >_<

Old 09-13-2002, 10:51 PM

lol u didn't get to finish so u didn't officially lose. go out and do it again.....
Old 09-14-2002, 12:13 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: raced a stang grrrr

Originally posted by henock
I have 97 gxe auto

i saw a vette rolling around so i wanted to catch his attention.. i opened up a bit, enough for some nice sounds outta my car.. but he didnt turn his head. right as the vette turned away, a v6 stang comes up with someone giving me the look. "oh boy" i think.

I wasn't sure if it was on, so i went half throttle off the line (besides, there was a yellow-lighter turning left), and he goes for it, then i do. big mistake. by this time he was about a full length ahead of me. there was a bit of an incline coming up, and i started creeping up to him around 2/3rd gear.. not sure since im an auto.. but i had to shut it down because of traffic. i'm kinda mad i didn't win.. if i had the chance i would have beat him. it sounded like he was stock.. i'm stock too. viva newb wars!

oh, i would have probably won IF I HAD MY DAMN FRANKENCAR >_<
When I was bone stock i raced a V6 stang from light to light a few lights in a row. i barely beat it.

Not to say that V6 Stangs are fast, but that a stock Auto is slow.

(Of course, I didn't look at what mods you have)

Honestly, I'm thinking about getting rid of the Maxima. Even with a SC, I still feel slow. gonna try a manual conversion next summer, if that doesn't fill my need I'll probably sell it and get a 1994 TT Supra.

IanS
Old 09-14-2002, 01:30 AM
Turbo is too much fun!

Originally posted by chigga
lol u didn't get to finish so u didn't officially lose. go out and do it again.....
hey chigga what kinda of bulbs do you have in your heads and fogs?? they are the first once i've seen that match. other stocks...
Old 09-14-2002, 08:08 AM

i raced one wehen all i had was a pop charger and i beat it........they sux the guy even had a duel exhaust on it..lol..lowred with his girl next to him that night. and it was me and my friend in the max we took it up too 105 on a road with no other cars. it was great like took a quick peak when i passed him haha he was mad........u will get u one soon dont worry...(next mission for me is the v8.)
Old 09-14-2002, 10:12 AM
henock

Re: Re: raced a stang grrrr

Originally posted by iansw

Does an alarm system count?

Old 09-14-2002, 11:30 AM

Honestly, I'm thinking about getting rid of the Maxima. Even with a SC, I still feel slow. gonna try a manual conversion next summer, if that doesn't fill my need I'll probably sell it and get a 1994 TT Supra.

IanS
dibb's on your SC and VI
Old 09-14-2002, 01:56 PM

When I was bone stock i raced a V6 stang from light to light a few lights in a row. i barely beat it.

Not to say that V6 Stangs are fast, but that a stock Auto is slow.

IanS
if u want fast then get the gtr-34's engine and do a little engine swap. then replace the turbos and you will have a hella fast max.
Old 09-14-2002, 02:05 PM

Re: Re: Re: raced a stang grrrr

Originally posted by Rufus

if u want fast then get the gtr-34's engine and do a little engine swap. then replace the turbos and you will have a hella fast max.
Old 09-14-2002, 02:25 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

What year was the mustang? If it was a 99+, then don't feel too bad. They make 220lb-ft of torque at 2250rpms becuase they are pushrod (ohv). They will do 0-60 in around 8 seconds. If he got the jump on you, then I'm not surprised you had a hard time catching up. Your car only is like .3 quicker then him to 60.

But if it was a pre 99, then you need to go sit in the corner becuase they are slow as sin. They have 160hp and are heavier then us.
Old 09-14-2002, 04:10 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: raced a stang grrrr

Originally posted by 97GLE

Old 09-14-2002, 10:41 PM

hey chigga what kinda of bulbs do you have in your heads and fogs?? they are the first once i've seen that match. other stocks...
all of my lights are piaa except for tha turn signals. i jus put in the new piaa fogs and did the lil tweak to the 1157's. looks a lot better i'll take a pic tomorrow...
Old 09-14-2002, 11:10 PM

IanS

Ian, I advise you to just sell the Max now and get the Supra. Even with the 5spd conversion, somehow I doubt you will be satisfy. If I could afford to get a Supra, I would do it in a heartbeat, the heck with the 5spd conversion. If you can afford it, go for it.
Old 09-15-2002, 02:49 AM

Re: Re: Re: raced a stang grrrr

Originally posted by Cumalot

Ian, I advise you to just sell the Max now and get the Supra. Even with the 5spd conversion, somehow I doubt you will be satisfy. If I could afford to get a Supra, I would do it in a heartbeat, the heck with the 5spd conversion. If you can afford it, go for it.
Heh. I have to pay off the Max some more and save up a down payment for the Supra, so it's going to be at least a year anyway.

I can sell my VB Mod for $400 and the tranny for another $200 (- VB), so that pays for 1/2 of a 5-spd conversion, so I'll probably do the conversion anyway. Also, the fact that manual tranny Max's are worth more in the private market than Auto (About $600-$1000 more, from what I've seen), I'll make a little back when I sell it that way. So the costs of the 5spd conversion should be almost 0.

So while I've got her, I may as well see if the 5spd makes me happier. Also, hopefully there really is a problem with my boost and vacuum, and I'll figure that out one day.

If I hit 300hp at the wheel with a 5spd and by fixing other problems, I'll probably keep her.

We'll see. I was a bit depressed when I wrote that last message.

IanS
Old 09-15-2002, 08:55 AM
henock

Originally posted by Craig Mack
What year was the mustang? If it was a 99+, then don't feel too bad. They make 220lb-ft of torque at 2250rpms becuase they are pushrod (ohv). They will do 0-60 in around 8 seconds. If he got the jump on you, then I'm not surprised you had a hard time catching up. Your car only is like .3 quicker then him to 60.

But if it was a pre 99, then you need to go sit in the corner becuase they are slow as sin. They have 160hp and are heavier then us.
Yeah, I've been sitting in the corner all this time. maybe he was modded? not sure, my windows were up and music was on low volume.