4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Iwant horsepower, but...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 01:02 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Iwant horsepower, but...

I have an automatic 96 Maxima and I want to put an exhaust that will give me noticeable horsepower. What all, and how many different parts are gonna be necessary??? Different pipes, muffler, what??? I also want it to sound muuuhhhnneeyy. Anybody help an ignoranamus out?

Greg
Old 09-26-2002, 02:00 AM

Re: Iwant horsepower, but...

Originally posted by gregthegame
I have an automatic 96 Maxima and I want to put an exhaust that will give me noticeable horsepower. What all, and how many different parts are gonna be necessary??? Different pipes, muffler, what??? I also want it to sound muuuhhhnneeyy. Anybody help an ignoranamus out?

Greg
only noticable horsepower you will feel will only be from a y-pipe so start with that first. your choices are stillen, cattman, warpspeed, budget.

and wtf is muuuhhhnneeyy?
Old 09-26-2002, 03:00 AM

Re: Re: Iwant horsepower, but...

Originally posted by Nismo

only noticable horsepower you will feel will only be from a y-pipe so start with that first. your choices are stillen, cattman, warpspeed, budget.

and wtf is muuuhhhnneeyy?
maybe he doesn't want it to sound ricey
Old 09-26-2002, 06:49 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

I'll be the A-hole and say READ THE FRIGGIN STICKES
Old 09-26-2002, 07:47 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Iwant horsepower, but...

Originally posted by gregthegame

Greg
first get a y pipe, i like warpspeedperformance aluminized pipe...they also sell a b pipe, which comes after the cat...you can
stick with the stock cat and stock muffler...you will have a nice sound.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:06 AM
Redlinemax Owner

Originally posted by bags533
I'll be the A-hole and say READ THE FRIGGIN STICKES
Yep you can be on of those, but if you notice he is totally new and in the last couple of days we've seen some of the totally new people asking some of those "same old" questions. Which can be annoying to some of the old heads but the good thing is that we get to really see what our representation is instead of having a ton of guests searching the board and never joining the org because their scared of getting flamed!You were probably there once too so give him a break.

Oh gregthegame get a y pipe first to feel the most power. doesn't really matter much which one!! just get one!!

***********Welcome to the ORG!!!*******************
Old 09-26-2002, 10:59 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by Redmax

Yep you can be on of those, but if you notice he is totally new and in the last couple of days we've seen some of the totally new people asking some of those "same old" questions. Which can be annoying to some of the old heads but the good thing is that we get to really see what our representation is instead of having a ton of guests searching the board and never joining the org because their scared of getting flamed!You were probably there once too so give him a break.
Yes I did get flammed and I still do. I guess I see it a little differently.

IF he would have read the FAQ, and THEN asked I am in debate over buying the stillen y-pipe VS the budget y-pipe.. ok

and to be helpful... here is a mod list from maximadriver.com

http://www.seas.ucla.edu/~cheston/maxmods.html
Old 09-26-2002, 11:01 AM

Oh gregthegame get a y pipe first to feel the most power. doesn't really matter much which one!! just get one!!

***********Welcome to the ORG!!!*******************
Corey,
That lip is looking good! Still haven't put that y-pipe on yet?
Old 09-26-2002, 11:07 AM
Redlinemax Owner

Originally posted by UTIMaxima

Corey,
That lip is looking good! Still haven't put that y-pipe on yet?

SCOTT!!!!! Whats UP!!!!

Thanks,I love the new look! How have you been? Hows the car? hows School?
Old 09-26-2002, 11:17 AM

SCOTT!!!!! Whats UP!!!!

Thanks,I love the new look! How have you been? Hows the car? hows School?
Been good. Car is good, one of the bolts on my y-pipe came loose on the way down here, it was loud as HELL! It's okay now though. School is good so far, not learning much yet, but today will only be the 4th day, I guess they're bringing us into it slowly.