4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Clutch change pricing

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 03:29 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Clutch change pricing

Guys can I please have some help again? Went to change tranny (standard) fluid the other day and found a major leak from my axles. I have 134K and can use a new clutch. I may have some bearing damage as well.

Does anyone know the prices for a clutch (stock) change with a throw out bearing?

Thanks,

Chadi
Old 10-02-2002, 03:55 PM

Re: Clutch change pricing

Originally posted by Chadi
Guys can I please have some help again? Went to change tranny (standard) fluid the other day and found a major leak from my axles. I have 134K and can use a new clutch. I may have some bearing damage as well.

Does anyone know the prices for a clutch (stock) change with a throw out bearing?

Thanks,

Chadi
If you have a major leak from your bearings I would guess it is your differential bearing that needs to be replaced but for a throw out bearing and clutch you would probably be looking aroun 130-200 depending on where you bought it. But, personally I would suggest paying an extra 150 and get like an ACT or centerforce clutch...definitely worth the extra money

-John
Old 10-03-2002, 09:42 AM

Re: Clutch change pricing

Originally posted by Chadi

Thanks,

Chadi
if you go to courtesy nissan's site you'll find the clutch pressure plate and throwout bearing for less than 200 dollars. i just had my tranny redone. i found a manual transmission rebuild kit for about 210 dollars that included bearings and seals. i supplied the components to a mechanic and was charged 720 dollars for the labor of rebuilding the tranny and replacing the clutch. i've priced the clutch labor at 350 dollars. also please buy the act clutch. i made the mistake of getting stock components and have regretted it.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:47 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Clutch change pricing

Originally posted by xraytedrick

if you go to courtesy nissan's site you'll find the clutch pressure plate and throwout bearing for less than 200 dollars. i just had my tranny redone. i found a manual transmission rebuild kit for about 210 dollars that included bearings and seals. i supplied the components to a mechanic and was charged 720 dollars for the labor of rebuilding the tranny and replacing the clutch. i've priced the clutch labor at 350 dollars. also please buy the act clutch. i made the mistake of getting stock components and have regretted it.
720 dollars? Holy crap.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:19 PM

Re: Re: Re: Clutch change pricing

Originally posted by skeelo34

720 dollars? Holy crap.
That is a decent price for a tranny rebuild. That is why you get the kit and do it all yourself. Therefore you can spend that extra money on labor for other mods.

-John