4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

12 second 1/4 does this seem right

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002 | 07:50 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Oh well, life goes on............
Old 10-24-2002 | 07:53 AM

This thread is like the Energizer bunny, it keeps going and going....

Honestly, Don knows that I personally have came to his defense when people bad mouth his service and the legitimacy of the VB mod he builds (since I have one in my car he sold me), so personally I'm impartial to this whole debate for the most part. But....

If the video/timeslip exists, someone please show it, so everyone that doubts can move on. If the quality of the video is crappy, just say so, and move on. If the timeslip is lost, say so and move on. I personally think that even if there is no proof of 12.2, I've read somewhere were someone witnessed a 12.6 or something. The 12.6 by itself would still make him the fastest overall even w/o the 12.2, so really this is mostly about 1 run.

If proof exists, stop the secrecy and post it. If it doesn't, that's cool too (as far as I'm concerned) but just say so and most people should leave it at that. I don't think my max will ever run a 12.2 anyway since I'm going for breaking into the 12's, even a 12.9999, and quiting there with the max. For those that are going to try and flame me, I'm going to build another type of car that will be a race only car to go for lower times/compete since it looks like a bottomless pit to try with a daily driver. I'm only saying this so people don't think I'm jealous or anything. I applaud all max owners that mod their cars to make them faster. I'm just too old to try and keep pouring money into a daily driver that will always have a limit to what it can do. I'll just concentrate on pouring money into a diff setup that I can compete and ONLY compete with so I can get more out of it.

Sorry for the long reply, but I think it's time to squash this argument once and for all. Simple.
Old 10-24-2002 | 08:03 AM

I really dont care who has the fastest Maxima. Phil, Don, Jamie, SR20DEN, Jime, SteveChicagoSC or my self. After all the Maxima is a grocery getter. If I could afford an Enzo I would not have a Maxima and would look at Maxima tuners like the freaks that we all are.

What I really dont care for is people who keep their info secret. Share your info and help some one out. One day they may help you. I was a "leach" at one time because I didnt know much about the Maxima platform. Some people, ocassionaly even Don, helped me out along the way.

Have fun and enjoy what you do, thats really what it is about to me. I share every thing I know because its all for fun.

Would it be nice to be on the top of the 1/4 mile list, sure. Why do you think Don even bothered to post their
Old 10-24-2002 | 08:14 AM

Originally posted by MardiGrasMax
I really dont care who has the fastest Maxima. Phil, Don, Jamie, SR20DEN, Jime, SteveChicagoSC or my self. After all the Maxima is a grocery getter. If I could afford an Enzo I would not have a Maxima and would look at Maxima tuners like the freaks that we all are.

What I really dont care for is people who keep their info secret. Share your info and help some one out. One day they may help you. I was a "leach" at one time because I didnt know much about the Maxima platform. Some people, ocassionaly even Don, helped me out along the way.

Have fun and enjoy what you do, thats really what it is about to me. I share every thing I know because its all for fun.

Would it be nice to be on the top of the 1/4 mile list, sure. Why do you think Don even bothered to post their
My sentiments exactly!!!
Old 10-24-2002 | 08:20 AM

I agree, that is why from now on i am writing up most everything i do. At least stuff that has not been written up before.
Old 10-24-2002 | 09:03 AM

Originally posted by MardiGrasMax
Matt, you were a leech that Don knew was a good person. I don't think he would help out Supai/Roadbeast.
Old 10-24-2002 | 09:20 AM

There's nothing wrong with being a leech, so long you return the favor. When people ask for help and you give it, you are returning the courtesy extended you by someone in the very beginning. There's not a single person on this board, including myself, that was born knowing everything about a max. Many have been pioneers in mods made to the max since our aftermarket support is about as existant as someone's guilt for winning the lottery. Respect should go out to those people who thought outside the box and accomplished things other's said could NOT be done.
Old 10-24-2002 | 09:29 AM

Originally posted by JAIMECBR900
There's nothing wrong with being a leech, so long you return the favor. When people ask for help and you give it, you are returning the courtesy extended you by someone in the very beginning. There's not a single person on this board, including myself, that was born knowing everything about a max. Many have been pioneers in mods made to the max since our aftermarket support is about as existant as someone's guilt for winning the lottery. Respect should go out to those people who thought outside the box and accomplished things other's said could NOT be done.
Agreed! Giving back is what matters.
Old 10-24-2002 | 07:26 PM

if you want the video of don's 12 sec run, email me and i will email it to you or if anybody wants to host it, let me know and i'll email it to you.

nuff said
Old 10-24-2002 | 07:28 PM

I'll host it. Send it to info@maxdes.net
Thanks.
Old 10-24-2002 | 07:49 PM

i say all you guys fight to the death.
Old 10-25-2002 | 05:51 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Romeo
if you want the video of don's 12 sec run, email me and i will email it to you or if anybody wants to host it, let me know and i'll email it to you.

nuff said
I'll host it, I can't wait to see the 12.21 @ 108.80 showing at the end of the strip. And just to think I didn't believe.
Old 10-25-2002 | 11:42 AM

Originally posted by Jime

I'll host it, I can't wait to see the 12.21 @ 108.80 showing at the end of the strip. And just to think I didn't believe.
96BLUMAX has a copy of it and is going to host it. warning, clip does not give a clear shot of the time board. i think the video's intent was to show his car going down the track. so don't shoot the messenger, its the only video i have
Old 10-25-2002 | 11:44 AM
Administrator

i had this video already.. it was posted and people called BS on it then... so they are only going to do it again..
Old 10-25-2002 | 12:51 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
i had this video already.. it was posted and people called BS on it then... so they are only going to do it again..

Can't please them all I guess.

SuDZ
Old 10-25-2002 | 12:57 PM
Banned

96BLUMAX has a copy of it and is going to host it. warning, clip does not give a clear shot of the time board. i think the video's intent was to show his car going down the track. so don't shoot the messenger, its the only video i have
Oh, so what you are saying is that someone took a video of the run but just forgot to show the time board?

I think I have one of those for a 11 sec run I did, however I won't bore you with it.

No one doubts that Don has a 12 sec car. Its just the mysterious 12.2 that showed up right about the time he was going to sell his car. Even that would be believable except for the 108 mph that just don't add up to a 12.2 run.

I have spent the last 3 years going to every import drag race in this area and have a pretty good idea of times/speed and that one is bogus. Don's explanation was that he heard a noise and put the brakes on at the end of the 1/4 so hence the very slow mph. If that was the case then he would have had an 11 sec run, sure sure.

Regardless, if he or anyone else wants to believe that, fill your boots dont let me interupt your dream world.
Old 10-25-2002 | 02:05 PM
Administrator

he ran that time in Febuary

Oh, so what you are saying is that someone took a video of the run but just forgot to show the time board?

I think I have one of those for a 11 sec run I did, however I won't bore you with it.

No one doubts that Don has a 12 sec car. Its just the mysterious 12.2 that showed up right about the time he was going to sell his car. Even that would be believable except for the 108 mph that just don't add up to a 12.2 run.

I have spent the last 3 years going to every import drag race in this area and have a pretty good idea of times/speed and that one is bogus. Don's explanation was that he heard a noise and put the brakes on at the end of the 1/4 so hence the very slow mph. If that was the case then he would have had an 11 sec run, sure sure.

Regardless, if he or anyone else wants to believe that, fill your boots dont let me interupt your dream world.
Old 10-25-2002 | 02:14 PM

Time to change the subject........

Old 10-25-2002 | 02:33 PM
Banned

he ran that time in Febuary

So that makes everything else believable then? You know I can't believe that some people on here will support a guy who will rip people off for their money.

Regardless of that a guy spends 3 weeks a few gallons of auto trans fluid etc to find a way to beef up his transmission and found a way to make it shift faster and supposedly (no way to prove this) make it last longer. What does he do, tell the Maxima world and help them with their transmissions, no he sells it to each of them for $450 and they all think he is the Don of Maxima's because its such a good deal, give your head a shake.

Thats not bad enough, now he is selling them and keeping the money.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=153214
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=118094
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=148728

Etc Etc
Old 10-25-2002 | 02:42 PM
Administrator

why do are you letting this get to you so much? i mean if he lied he lied.. if its the truth its the truth.. you acting like you want to call a lawyer and sue him.. dood.. its ok... let it go.. its not that serious..

So that makes everything else believable then? You know I can't believe that some people on here will support a guy who will rip people off for their money.

Regardless of that a guy spends 3 weeks a few gallons of auto trans fluid etc to find a way to beef up his transmission and found a way to make it shift faster and supposedly (not way to prove this) makes it last longer. What does he do, tell the Maxima world and help them with their transmissions, no he sells it to each of them for $450 and they all think he is the Don of Maxima's because its such a good deal, give your head a shake.

Thats not bad enough, now he is selling it not even supply the VB.

Etc Etc
Old 10-25-2002 | 02:48 PM
Banned

why do are you letting this get to you so much? i mean if he lied he lied.. if its the truth its the truth.. you acting like you want to call a lawyer and sue him.. dood.. its ok... let it go.. its not that serious..

It just good for folks to know the truth and who their real friends are. And who is making money at their expense.

Anyone that will take your money and give you nothing in return will have no problem lying about a time in the 1/4 mile.

IT IS SERIOUS
Old 10-25-2002 | 03:10 PM

It just good for folks to know the truth and who their real friends are. And who is making money at their expense.

Anyone that will take your money and give you nothing in return will have no problem lying about a time in the 1/4 mile.

IT IS SERIOUS
That's not the case but I think its time you argue that with him because this story is more tired than I am right now, and I'm still at work.
Old 10-25-2002 | 03:18 PM
Banned

Originally posted by deezo
That's not the case but I think its time you argue that with him because this story is more tired than I am right now, and I'm still at work.
You don't have to reply. I already have you labelled as a Don groupie along with, well you know who they are.

Even his buddy bill has stopped defending him.

Originally posted by bill99gxe

I don't know all the details because you choose not to give them. That's fine, that's your decision and right to do so.

Unfortunately, you have damaged your reputation here in my book and now my reputation will be tarnished as well because of my association and defense of your actions.

Hopefully I'll choose whom I defend better in the future.

The not giving someone an agreed upon refund in the same form that you received the funds loses me completely and is not akin to any business that I am aware of.
Old 10-25-2002 | 04:04 PM

You don't have to reply. I already have you labelled as a Don groupie along with, well you know who they are.

Even his buddy bill has stopped defending him.

Label me as you will. All I see is a person that is full of himself because he ran the 1/4 mile in 13 seconds which doesn't mean $hit to me. So what you have a video of it. So f'n what!
I'll reply what I want to reply to and I'll lay the facts where they need to be laid.
Furthermore, I'm not defending Don. Point being, you or anyone else around here can't say what Don did or didn't do and your getting into a dumb conversations about what you or I don't know to be true or false. A freakin waste of time and bandwith. I thought you were better than that but obviously not. This is really a stupid argument.
Old 10-25-2002 | 04:19 PM
Banned

Label me as you will. All I see is a person that is full of himself because he ran the 1/4 mile in 13 seconds which doesn't mean $hit to me. So what you have a video of it. So f'n what!
I'll reply what I want to reply to and I'll lay the facts where they need to be laid.
Furthermore, I'm not defending Don. Point being, you or anyone else around here can't say what Don did or didn't do and your getting into a dumb conversations about what you or I don't know to be true or false. A freakin waste of time and bandwith. I thought you were better than that but obviously not. This is really a stupid argument.
If I remember right you stuck you nose into the thread about the 3rd page of the last discussion about this but your buddy bill deleted it.

And you are defending Don and were then too.

Oh yes you are not laying any facts thats the problem.
Old 10-25-2002 | 06:16 PM

If I remember right you stuck you nose into the thread about the 3rd page of the last discussion about this but your buddy bill deleted it.

And you are defending Don and were then too.

Oh yes you are not laying any facts thats the problem.
Oh yes, the fact that I'm laying is that your head is full of "I'm ran the 1/4 in 13 seconds" and you seemed to be upset that people are not ridin' your tip like you want them too. Like son, Like father.
Old 10-26-2002 | 10:40 AM

Jime, i give you props for getting into the 13's with an auto on nos. i remember a time when the fastest auto nos time was like a 14.0 (i believe it was Synki). but why are you so full of anger towards don? i'm not a don groupie but i do believe he ran a 14.2 n/a in an auto and a 12.XX run in the 1/4. to me, that's impressive and shows what an auto maxima can do.

i've thought about personally buying the maxima just to run it and see what it can do. unfortunately my girlfriend will shoot me if i buy another maxima instead of the escalade i'm looking at.
Old 10-26-2002 | 11:56 AM
Banned

Jime, i give you props for getting into the 13's with an auto on nos. i remember a time when the fastest auto nos time was like a 14.0 (i believe it was Synki). but why are you so full of anger towards don? i'm not a don groupie but i do believe he ran a 14.2 n/a in an auto and a 12.XX run in the 1/4. to me, that's impressive and shows what an auto maxima can do.

i've thought about personally buying the maxima just to run it and see what it can do. unfortunately my girlfriend will shoot me if i buy another maxima instead of the escalade i'm looking at.
Romeo, I am not angry at Don, its the people that continue to support and believe him after he has ripped people off. All you have to to is read the Dealership and Shop Experience threads to see what is going on. He has taken peoples money and given nothing in return, where I come from we call that STEALING.

If he will do that, he will also lie about 1/4 miles times. I don't doubt he ran 12.6 its the 12.2 @ 108 thats the BS run.

I also don't think that someone who spends 3 weeks and few gallons of auto trans fluid etc to improve his own transmission should sell it for $450 to a community he calls his friends.

People should be made aware of what is going on and stay away from bad dealers and cease to call them "friends".

Read these and tell me all is okay at Mobiltek.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=141333

I must admit I have learned quite a bit from reading all the different threads on here and I also have helped numerous people. I get emails every day asking for info and help on nitrous setups etc and I answer every one, to me thats trying to better the community. I also don't try and profit in any way.

Jim

PS As far as my car is concerned I don't plan on going any faster I just wanted to see what I could do with a $1500 budget. I am just a bracket racer. I now run a 35 shot of nitrous, do very well in my class with the turbo and S/C cars and don't have to wear that darn helmet anymore because my time is just over 14 secs.
Old 10-26-2002 | 12:26 PM

Oh yes, the fact that I'm laying is that your head is full of "I'm ran the 1/4 in 13 seconds" and you seemed to be upset that people are not ridin' your tip like you want them too. Like son, Like father.

Look dont hate on him because he wants the facts,he jime has helped alot of other people on this org. Facts are something that can be proven not said they can,so until you have the proof dont say you are laying the facts where they need to be laid.The one thats full of it is you,what do you got ,and what do you run, so that you can make fun of a 13-sec max.
Old 10-26-2002 | 01:31 PM

Originally posted by David6601

The one thats full of it is you,what do you got ,and what do you run, so that you can make fun of a 13-sec max.
he wasn't making fun of a 13 sec max itself...
Old 10-26-2002 | 01:37 PM
Administrator

Look dont hate on him because he wants the facts,he jime has helped alot of other people on this org. Facts are something that can be proven not said they can,so until you have the proof dont say you are laying the facts where they need to be laid.The one thats full of it is you,what do you got ,and what do you run, so that you can make fun of a 13-sec max.
learn the history before you flame newbie
Old 10-26-2002 | 01:46 PM
Banned

Ya read those Dealership threads. Even newbie's can see the truth. I think he saw the history.

You aren't one of those Don groupies are you?
Old 10-26-2002 | 03:10 PM
Administrator

Ya read those Dealership threads. Even newbie's can see the truth. I think he saw the history.

Sprint is his own man
Old 10-26-2002 | 06:11 PM

i'm a sprint groupie myself

no for reals, i give sprint tons of props for some reason...
Old 10-26-2002 | 08:40 PM

Don's run is on video at this address:
http://www.maxdes.net/dons_run.mpeg
I couldn't make out much due to poor quality.
Old 10-26-2002 | 09:33 PM

I do know the history,newbie of what the org.OUCH It dont take a rocket scientist to know about facts.The definition to fact, anything done;reality:truth. Even the video doesn't show a time.
Old 10-27-2002 | 04:26 AM
Administrator

you know what i find ironic.. i have had this argument with Don in the past

the only difference is.. Don was in your shoes.. and Phil was in Don's shoes.. and Don called BS till he was blue.. I also remember the comment "The Motor is dirty so there is no where it could have been removed" .. ow well...

History has a way of repeating itself..

Old 10-27-2002 | 08:31 AM

sprite. you can't teach the newbies anything
Old 10-27-2002 | 09:13 AM

Mind your business newbie. You pop up in here like you know whats going on. Mind your business.
Old 10-27-2002 | 10:08 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

If that video is supposedly the infamous 12.2@108mph run, I say no way. Watch the video and the timer on the video VERY closely.

First thing is that he crawls off the line and then takes off. Any true drag racer knows that to get a 12.2@108mph would take a 1.5-1.6 60'. I'd venture to say the 60' in this video is in the 2.1-2.2 range. There's a huge difference between a 1.5 and 2.1 60', it's along the lines of ~1.2 seconds at the end of the 1/4 mile. If Don pulled a 2.1 60' and a 12.2, his trap speed would be more like 115-117mph.

Second thing I notice is that it takes his car ~12.8 seconds from the point it starts rolling to the point it appears to reach the timing boards. Most tracks are setup with the board being the finish line. IMO, this looks like a high 12/low 13 second pass.

Third thing is track timing computers do get confused sometimes. I've got a timeslip showing that I ran a 13.21@97mph with a 2.30 60' in my Maxima. I've also got timeslip for my old Z28 showing 11.7@108mph with a 2.0 60' (my car ran 13s consistently).

Dave

Quick Reply: 12 second 1/4 does this seem right