4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

NEW VIPER RESPONDER ALARM INSTALLED, satisfied customer

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 04:49 PM

Originally posted by meccanoble

u have to do some extra stuff to make it work...anything is possible, but you have to find the right people to take care of that stuff...i had don install the alarm and had a friend take care of the remote starter issue....some people *ahem* DON *ahem* takes his job too seriously and wont help good friends with illegal stuff like that ....its all good though, the last thing i would want him to do is jeopardize his business. definitely a good alarm...still kicking with no problems...

best part about this pager/alarm is that it takes ONE triple A battery...not hard to find at all...i'm on my last stick of battery life...gotta find a battery quick....its been a good 3-4 months...not bad at all, i would have thought that pager ate batteries left and right but they last pretty long...
OK, what exactly does this "extra stuff" entail? I am very interested in the possibility of having remote start for my 5-spd. What would be the down side of this?
Old 02-15-2003, 09:25 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by Sorgasm

OK, what exactly does this "extra stuff" entail? I am very interested in the possibility of having remote start for my 5-spd. What would be the down side of this?
although Don doesnt do it, he knows a great deal about it. Dissadvantages for having it? if your car is in gear when u try to do remote start, your car may drive off causing injury to itself or to someone else. Its all about acting responsibly. I have had no problems with it, and there is nothing negative about having it besides what i mentioned. HOwever i recommend talking to Don, he knows FAR more than me about this topic and can answer, any, and all questions u may have about this alarm.
Old 02-16-2003, 12:23 AM

although Don doesnt do it, he knows a great deal about it. Dissadvantages for having it? if your car is in gear when u try to do remote start, your car may drive off causing injury to itself or to someone else. Its all about acting responsibly. I have had no problems with it, and there is nothing negative about having it besides what i mentioned. HOwever i recommend talking to Don, he knows FAR more than me about this topic and can answer, any, and all questions u may have about this alarm.
Cool, thanks man. As soon as I get the money I plan on getting Don to put this on and then hopefully finding somebody to do the "extra stuff." Where's the guy who did it for you and how much do you think he would ask to do it for my car?
Old 02-16-2003, 03:14 PM
Most Perverted Member of the SE-L Club

Okay, tax return is $700+. Don, if you're still reading this, please PM me or email with a price on:

Keyless entry
alarm
remote start
trunk release
window roll-down
1 remote

on a 99 Se-l

thak you.
Old 03-29-2003, 07:10 PM
Lil 8

Re: NEW VIPER RESPONDER ALARM INSTALLED, satisfied customer

today i took a trip down to Pearl96Max house to get that new Viper alarm he's advertising in the group deal installed. As you all know i just got a new max from a fellow org member and since its so hooked up i couldn't take any chances of it getting stolen, therefore i paid full price for install because i couldn't wait for the group deal to start.

either way, i'm very pleased with the outcome, THIS ALARM HAS REACH MAN! i was 2 blocks away throwing buttons and i could hear my alarm unlocking and locking from the distance, a quarter mile is right! Definitely better than any alarm i ever had before.

Its like a pager and an alarm all in one, just don't get no better. Nice clean job on Don's part, he even took out my old alarm which was a mess but with a few bad words and a good hour and some change of hard work, my car was ready for battle. Oh, and here's an equation that i came up with....

Don (Pearl96Max) - cigarettes + lovely wife = one funny guy

anybody that knows him knows what i mean

Unfortunately i wasn't good enough of a friend to have him install the remote start but one of my electronic friends helped me with that part...SO YES!!

MECCANOBLE HAS AUTO START!!!! omg! it feels so good, just tap two buttons, wait 3 seconds and VRROOOOOMMMMM!!! NO MORE WAITING OUTSIDE FOR CAR TO WARM UP! NO MORE SHUTTING CAR OFF TO MAKE A QUICK ERRAND AT THE CORNER STORE!

THANK YOU DON AKA Pearl96Max, your legacy continues and YES I AM HAPPY WITH THE PURCHASE, well worth every penny if you REALY care about your cars safety.
Yea it sounds like you got ya hands on the viper 700 model or the clifford matrix? Both the same makers more or less all made by DEI good stuff though. Have been pricing the the viper 700 model also, have found it for 500 installed. What was your price? How much of a group buy would the cost be?
Old 03-29-2003, 07:57 PM
Sports Button FTW

Re: Re: NEW VIPER RESPONDER ALARM INSTALLED, satisfied customer

Originally posted by jkmay01

Yea it sounds like you got ya hands on the viper 700 model or the clifford matrix? Both the same makers more or less all made by DEI good stuff though. Have been pricing the the viper 700 model also, have found it for 500 installed. What was your price? How much of a group buy would the cost be?
wow this thread is old lol. I was one of if not the first to get it and got it before the group deal started for 550 installed. Pearl96max is now selling it for 500 installed like you found. Not sure how well your contact is with installs but Pearl96max is an authorized dealer and is very experienced with maxima's. he not only installed this and many other alarms on tens of maxima's but he also owned one.
Old 03-30-2003, 04:04 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Re: Re: Re: NEW VIPER RESPONDER ALARM INSTALLED, satisfied customer

I was one of if not the first to get it and got it before the group deal started
hehe I think you were second, Danny (PCGuru) was the first on the Org I did.

--Don