4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

20.889 time tooo ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 07:26 PM

who said anything about 13's with them mods lol. i was just joking to my friend about the 13.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:00 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Not that I am proud of it, but I ran a slower time at the track, it was like a 21.3 @ 60 something. . . My clutch let go at about 4K in first gear and didn't catch again. . . You could smell it burning for days. I knew it was almost dead and I still tried to test it at the track so it is my stupidity.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:02 PM

Sorry some read that too me, its what i get for letting someone else use my computer......anyway disreguarding that it still doesnt make sense...14's are just wrong on those modds...but by the way ET does include your reaction time....1/4 mile doesn't.
Old 10-30-2002, 01:30 PM

Originally posted by GarthG
Not that I am proud of it, but I ran a slower time at the track, it was like a 21.3 @ 60 something. . . My clutch let go at about 4K in first gear and didn't catch again. . . You could smell it burning for days. I knew it was almost dead and I still tried to test it at the track so it is my stupidity.
I ran a a 25.3 @ 40mph this past tuesday WITH TURBO on my first run of the night, I then immediately got back in line to redeem myself by beating a camaro that ran 13.4 so I felt ok ( i was on street tires, low boost, slipping factory clutch)...

my reason for the 25.3 you ask, I got TERRRIBLE wheel hope forEVER so i shut it down before i went breaking any driveshafts or some crap.. I was soo mad I almost backed back up and didnt even drive the stupid 1/4.. but instead i just cruised slowly and laughed it up
Old 10-30-2002, 02:08 PM

Originally posted by hlh0501

I ran a a 25.3 @ 40mph this past tuesday WITH TURBO on my first run of the night, I then immediately got back in line to redeem myself by beating a camaro that ran 13.4 so I felt ok ( i was on street tires, low boost, slipping factory clutch)...

my reason for the 25.3 you ask, I got TERRRIBLE wheel hope forEVER so i shut it down before i went breaking any driveshafts or some crap.. I was soo mad I almost backed back up and didnt even drive the stupid 1/4.. but instead i just cruised slowly and laughed it up
What is it like driving on the street with your setup? I mean is it tough in traffic situations and do you seem to spin the tires a lot even accidently?

SuDZ
Old 10-30-2002, 02:47 PM

Originally posted by SuDZ

What is it like driving on the street with your setup? I mean is it tough in traffic situations and do you seem to spin the tires a lot even accidently?

SuDZ
I was honestly real afraid of that while the car was in the shop, considering my turbo starts spooling at 1500rpm and produces 4psi (lower psi is where the most power comes from per psi, so 4psi makes HUGE difference) @2000rpm....

buut it actually is not bad at all set on about 6 or 7psi.. on 245's I really don't have any traction problems for normal driving, and the thing i did not think about - was , the turbo is not going to be making boost unless you force it by applying decent amount of throttle - I dont know if that makes sense to you, but in neutral, at redline, it is making 0psi.. on my 225's I had some traction issues only when flooring it.. but cruising at 50mph if i gave it gas the tires would just break free which was no fun, but on my 245's it sticks pretty well even under spirited driving, granted its no problem to get them spinning haha -

at 12psi on 225's, i was having traction problems in gear, in 3rd. not using the clutch, but when it would hit boost (if i floored it at 65) they would start spinning, not fun - once again, 245's fixed that.

i have been very happy with it though, I thought it would be kind of scary driving in traffic and hard to launch gently from a redlight etc, but it doesnt make full boost or anything unless you're hard ON IT... drives almost like stock except for the turbo whistling and blow off valve noises haha if you drive it gently / normal.. and launching at the track has not been near as hard as i had expected, granted there is plenty of wheelspin for all (rip 2nd gear to redline occasionally, makes for no fun haha) but still can manage decent times..
Old 10-30-2002, 02:54 PM

I was honestly real afraid of that while the car was in the shop, considering my turbo starts spooling at 1500rpm and produces 4psi (lower psi is where the most power comes from per psi, so 4psi makes HUGE difference) @2000rpm....

buut it actually is not bad at all set on about 6 or 7psi.. on 245's I really don't have any traction problems for normal driving, and the thing i did not think about - was , the turbo is not going to be making boost unless you force it by applying decent amount of throttle - I dont know if that makes sense to you, but in neutral, at redline, it is making 0psi.. on my 225's I had some traction issues only when flooring it.. but cruising at 50mph if i gave it gas the tires would just break free which was no fun, but on my 245's it sticks pretty well even under spirited driving, granted its no problem to get them spinning haha -

at 12psi on 225's, i was having traction problems in gear, in 3rd. not using the clutch, but when it would hit boost (if i floored it at 65) they would start spinning, not fun - once again, 245's fixed that.

i have been very happy with it though, I thought it would be kind of scary driving in traffic and hard to launch gently from a redlight etc, but it doesnt make full boost or anything unless you're hard ON IT... drives almost like stock except for the turbo whistling and blow off valve noises haha if you drive it gently / normal.. and launching at the track has not been near as hard as i had expected, granted there is plenty of wheelspin for all (rip 2nd gear to redline occasionally, makes for no fun haha) but still can manage decent times..
I was curious about the going full throttle at certain sppeds also like you mentioned. because I had been in some cars where they would be going 45mph when they want to take off and cant due to the tires not grabbing. Glad to see you found a setup that worked for you. Now when shifting during spirited driving with it does it create any problems? Like loss of boost or etc from the 5 speed? I am just sorta dreaming about saving up some cash after the max is paid off soon and just thinking about these questions.

SuDZ
Old 10-30-2002, 05:53 PM
Dev

Originally posted by MAXINXS

So, if you would have had a perfect reaction time of .5 then you would have been 1.472 seconds quicker in the 1/4 mile. Which works out to be a 14.24. Either B.S. or you have one hell of a Maxima. Btw - I thought you were posting about how slow your Maxima was!? Somethings fishy-
this is the funniest comment yet...
buddy the reaction time isn't included in the 1/4 mile time.
you can run a 15.0 with a reaction time of 20 seconds...
they are completely separate, and do not depend on each other.
Old 10-30-2002, 06:00 PM

Like I said before you ET DOES include your reaction time, your 1/4 mile doens't...most people use ET.
Old 10-30-2002, 06:28 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Dev

this is the funniest comment yet...
buddy the reaction time isn't included in the 1/4 mile time.
you can run a 15.0 with a reaction time of 20 seconds...
they are completely separate, and do not depend on each other.
Old 10-30-2002, 10:21 PM

on my 225's I had some traction issues only when flooring it.. but cruising at 50mph if i gave it gas the tires would just break free which was no fun, but on my 245's it sticks pretty well even under spirited driving, granted its no problem to get them spinning haha -

at 12psi on 225's, i was having traction problems in gear, in 3rd. not using the clutch, but when it would hit boost (if i floored it at 65) they would start spinning, not fun -...

SuDz
"I was curious about the going full throttle at certain sppeds also like you mentioned. because I had been in some cars where they would be going 45mph when they want to take off and cant due to the tires not grabbing."

Yea, I definately know what you mean. My friend has an ecplise FWD with a 20G turbo. He took me for a ride and when he gives it full throttle, the tires break loose and do not hook up until about 80+ on the highway But he's running ~20-24psi. You can drive the car normally, it all depends on throttle position. Once I'm boosted I'll have to train my foot to not slam on the accelerator throughout the day.
Old 10-30-2002, 11:00 PM
Dev

Originally posted by ladeesman
Like I said before you ET DOES include your reaction time, your 1/4 mile doens't...most people use ET.
i just went to the track on sunday
nothing counts the r/t
it goes by 1/4 ET...they are not separate things

maxinxs, keep ur pictures in ur photo album, not in the forums.
Old 10-31-2002, 09:37 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Dev

i just went to the track on sunday
nothing counts the r/t
it goes by 1/4 ET...they are not separate things

maxinxs, keep ur pictures in ur photo album, not in the forums.
This is a forum that allows pictures, videos, stupid comments and many other things. Until these things are banned, I WILL NOT. Learn to take a joke.
Old 10-31-2002, 09:41 AM

Originally posted by 97maximase5spd

Yea, I definately know what you mean. My friend has an ecplise FWD with a 20G turbo. He took me for a ride and when he gives it full throttle, the tires break loose and do not hook up until about 80+ on the highway But he's running ~20-24psi. You can drive the car normally, it all depends on throttle position. Once I'm boosted I'll have to train my foot to not slam on the accelerator throughout the day.
DSM guys definantly go boost crazy. There was one guy at my local track that was running at like 30psi one night.

SuDZ
Old 10-31-2002, 09:43 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: 20.889 time tooo ...

Originally posted by maxima168
20.889 time tooo ...
I have a 95 se auto. last year I ran a 16.3 stock. this year I ran it 3 times. it starts from 20.889. then a 17.1 then to a 15.7.

the 15.7 I got that from NOT stage it and just letting it go at idle. I did all these mods and are not getting no where. I spin WAY to MUCH. My friend said when I did the 17.1 I spun so much that my tires smoked when I took off. and I spun at least 1000ft. I have the 15's stock se wheels with Michelin pilots. I think these tires are very over rated.
Damn bro
I'll run your max on foot for a 100$
Old 10-31-2002, 11:07 AM

NYCe MaXiMa
come down here anytime.