4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

radar detectors

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2000, 06:09 PM

if the radar detector dont go off and u pass a cop goin over the speed limit can the still give u a ticket for speeding if they dont have a radar check on you
Old 12-25-2000, 06:13 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

I think so

The cop could just say that he clocked you using telephone poles or other traffic. If you were within 10 mph you might be able to get out of it but when it's your word against his, you lose.
________
BEST KIND OF VAPORIZER

Last edited by dmbmaxima2k2; 09-04-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 12-25-2000, 06:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

He can also give you a basic rule ticket, which is just "unsafe driving for the conditions". About 50 bucks around here.
Old 12-25-2000, 07:48 PM

Originally posted by madmax97
if the radar detector dont go off and u pass a cop goin over the speed limit can the still give u a ticket for speeding if they dont have a radar check on you
u might have a busted radar detector or the police department might have a radar gun that slightly out of spec, either way ur radar detector won't make a peep

but if u were goin like 50mph over then nothings gonna help u...
Old 12-25-2000, 08:44 PM

Try this...

- Cops typically frown on radar detectors, so don't expect an officer to be lenient on you once you're pulled over.
- I heard of this one guy who was a porter at a hotel, a job that required a lot of fast deliveries. He was, of course, not allowed to get any tickets - just one and he would lose his job. So, needless to say, he became quite the expert at getting out of traffic violations. He later went on to publish a book on how to get out of tickets.

- One story reads that he once took out a coin in traffic court, flipped it in the air, then asked the officer to estimate what speed the coin was traveling at. Hee hee hee. Let's just say that the officer remained quiet and let him off, much to his department's embarassment. If he doesn't have a radar reading, he can't really nail you. Sure, he could use his speedo, but we all know that they're often "out of synch." (wink wink) So, if your speedo was off and his speedo happened to be off, who knows what crazy speed you could be at!? (Note: this wil only work for speeds like 5 or 10 over.)
- Try the coin thing if you ever need to. "Years on the force" don't amount to scientific numbers.

:-)
Old 12-25-2000, 08:47 PM

Re: Try this...

Originally posted by SleeperSE
- Cops typically frown on radar detectors, so don't expect an officer to be lenient on you once you're pulled over.
- I heard of this one guy who was a porter at a hotel, a job that required a lot of fast deliveries. He was, of course, not allowed to get any tickets - just one and he would lose his job. So, needless to say, he became quite the expert at getting out of traffic violations. He later went on to publish a book on how to get out of tickets.

- One story reads that he once took out a coin in traffic court, flipped it in the air, then asked the officer to estimate what speed the coin was traveling at. Hee hee hee. Let's just say that the officer remained quiet and let him off, much to his department's embarassment. If he doesn't have a radar reading, he can't really nail you. Sure, he could use his speedo, but we all know that they're often "out of synch." (wink wink) So, if your speedo was off and his speedo happened to be off, who knows what crazy speed you could be at!? (Note: this wil only work for speeds like 5 or 10 over.)
- Try the coin thing if you ever need to. "Years on the force" don't amount to scientific numbers.

:-)
I remember hearin about that book once, whats it called? It's at least good to read to read the cool stories...
Old 12-25-2000, 08:55 PM

Re: Re: Try this...

- I don't remember what the book is called. I think it was in Car and Driver Magazine a few months ago. Maybe the August edition...
- I'll see if I can track it down for you.
Old 12-25-2000, 09:01 PM

Re: Re: Re: Try this...

Originally posted by SleeperSE
- I don't remember what the book is called. I think it was in Car and Driver Magazine a few months ago. Maybe the August edition...
- I'll see if I can track it down for you.
cool, that would be greatly appreciated, tryin to catch up on some reading and would like to read that book, to "enlighten" myself on the legal way out of traffic tickets...hehe...
Old 12-26-2000, 05:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by madmax97
In PA they have something called VASCAR. (Not sure about other states) But they use a manual timing device between two points, they press it once as you pass by the first point and again when you pass the second point. Because they know the distance they can figure your speed. In order to pull you over, you have to be at least 10MPH over the speed (because it's inaccurate). There is no way to detect this since it's just basically a stopwatch on a fancy computer. Look for short white lines accross the road spaced out about 20-30 feet. If you see that, this is a speed zone.
I have friends in the local police, so I know where alot of these points are around me.
Old 12-26-2000, 05:50 AM

old school

Thats how the used to pull over, way back in the day before radar/laser. They are going back to old school, as it cant really be detected. kinda funny...
Old 12-26-2000, 06:19 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: old school

well u have to figure how much is fuel and how much does that chopper burn per hr and see how many speeders are out there. you also need a patrol car on the ground pulling people over. in a lot of state that's just not worth it.

Originally posted by Nick Robinson
Thats how the used to pull over, way back in the day before radar/laser. They are going back to old school, as it cant really be detected. kinda funny...