4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Mille Miglia MM-11s going on this weekend!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2002, 11:26 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Mille Miglia MM-11s going on this weekend!!!

Well, my Mille Miglia MM-11s came in this week, as did my lugnuts and hubcentric rings. The guy I bought the MM-11s off of bought them @ tirerack, and with his name I was able to call there, check the ring for proper fit on my Max (it was wrong), order new rings, and check other fit issues (spacing, size, bolt pattern, etc.).

Everything but having the wrong centering rings was A-okay. (BTW- he never said that the rings were the right ones, he threw them in in the event that they were correct).

Max00 sent me the lugnuts at a good price and had them here in plenty of time, and the shipping on the rings took 1 day from tirerack (@ no additional cost).

So tomorrow I will have new rims on the Max and will be ready to ship my SE rims out as soon as the MO arrives.

Also, I have a K&N flat panel filter that arrived today, so that will go in, and I put in a FSTB and Clears 2 weeks ago and never took pics. Actually, I have only crappy pics of the SE rims. BUT, I got a digital camera in yesterday, so I will have lots of pics by the end of the weekend. Keep your eyes open for the revisions!
Old 11-15-2002, 11:27 AM

Glad you found some rims. I know you were saying it was hard to find ones that look good on your car because ofthe color.

SuDZ
Old 11-15-2002, 11:42 AM

Nice choice of rims. I like the fact they're easy to clean.

I had ordered a set of those for my Acura 3.2TL 1 yr. ago but ended up not taking them. The supplier goofed on the offset info & I was getting bad fender scraping.
Old 11-15-2002, 12:16 PM
Custom User Title...

putting rims on with winter around the corner?

still cool though, can't wait for pics.

i'm hoping to get some soon, maybe christmas or my bday...
Old 11-15-2002, 12:18 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally posted by SuDZ
Glad you found some rims. I know you were saying it was hard to find ones that look good on your car because of the color.

SuDZ
Well, I got them in silver because of the price. I was in love with these rims and the (now-discontinued) OZ Monte Carlo rims, but when I saw these for sale w/ the right bolt pattern I jumped at them because I knew that they were not available in Ginmetal or any other dark color. PB maxes do not look bad w/ silver rims, but I really wanted to paint these before mounting them. I think that what I am going to do is to run them until spring, and if I dislike the color at that point I will pull them and have them painted in gunmetal.

I really just like the rim design above all.

Originally posted by StygianMax
Nice choice of rims. I like the fact they're easy to clean.

I had ordered a set of those for my Acura 3.2TL 1 yr. ago but ended up not taking them. The supplier goofed on the offset info & I was getting bad fender scraping.
Thanks. I have wanted these rims for a long time. I got 38MM offset. According to tirerack, that will work on the max. Does anyone disagree?

Originally posted by Jepht20
putting rims on with winter around the corner?

still cool though, can't wait for pics.

i'm hoping to get some soon, maybe christmas or my bday...
I had to take them now, b/c for what I paid I would not get the chance again. I will just have to keep them clean and be careful. Besides, winter is not too bad around here (NoVA)...not like it was in WV.

Pics will be up tomorrow, if it is not raining...
Old 11-15-2002, 12:23 PM

Originally posted by phenryiv1
[B]
Well, I got them in silver because of the price. I was in love with these rims and the (now-discontinued) OZ Monte Carlo rims, but when I saw these for sale w/ the right bolt pattern I jumped at them because I knew that they were not available in Ginmetal or any other dark color. PB maxes do not look bad w/ silver rims, but I really wanted to paint these before mounting them. I think that what I am going to do is to run them until spring, and if I dislike the color at that point I will pull them and have them painted in gunmetal.
Cool... I will look for the pics soon... hehe dont let them attack these rims like in your sig

SuDZ
Old 11-15-2002, 12:34 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally posted by SuDZ

Cool... I will look for the pics soon... hehe dont let them attack these rims like in your sig

SuDZ
No chance...I am only marrying her once!
Old 11-15-2002, 12:45 PM
Disco Biscuit

I have the same rims, and yes they work, BUT if your car is lowered, And you hit a dip at speed or have anyone or anything of weight int he back seat or trunk, they will scrub the fender lips in the rear. THe front are fine, even turned all the way. Roll the rear fender lips up and you'll be fine. I love the way they look, and I love the fact that with the width and the offset, they sit pretty fluch with the lines of the car, looking VERY clean IMO

Here are some pics of what it looks like on my car
http://cards.webshots.com/cp-3893970...43172169MqWBOC
Old 11-15-2002, 01:08 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally posted by Whitemax
I have the same rims, and yes they work, BUT if your car is lowered, And you hit a dip at speed or have anyone or anything of weight int he back seat or trunk, they will scrub the fender lips in the rear. THe front are fine, even turned all the way. Roll the rear fender lips up and you'll be fine. I love the way they look, and I love the fact that with the width and the offset, they sit pretty fluch with the lines of the car, looking VERY clean IMO

I am still @ stock height, and prob will be for a while, so I am safe there. That max looks sweet and clean. Now I am jonezin' even more to get these mounted. What size are you running?
Old 11-15-2002, 01:22 PM

Originally posted by Whitemax

How low were you?

SuDZ
Old 11-15-2002, 01:30 PM
Disco Biscuit

I'm running 17x8's with Eibach springs, which are I think like 1.25" in the rear, and 1.4" in the front. Only time its a problem is when theres weight in the back...