4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Rvm Udp

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 11:46 AM

Rvm Udp

I'm looking into a new mod, and now I really really want an UDP. The Unorthodox one is just plain too expensive, and I was looking for people with the RVM UDP to help with some questions.

-Any problems with it so far?
-Installation easy?
-Noticeable gains?

I did a search, and only a few people had em, Steve being one, and Phenryiv (sp) being the only 4th gen I could find. So if anyone else has one installed on their 4th gen (auto's preferably), please let me know!
Old 12-03-2002, 12:05 PM
Sin

Re: Rvm Udp

Originally posted by Jamsan
I'm looking into a new mod, and now I really really want an UDP. The Unorthodox one is just plain too expensive, and I was looking for people with the RVM UDP to help with some questions.

-Any problems with it so far?
-Installation easy?
-Noticeable gains?

I did a search, and only a few people had em, Steve being one, and Phenryiv (sp) being the only 4th gen I could find. So if anyone else has one installed on their 4th gen (auto's preferably), please let me know!
I'd hold off on it for now. From initial experiences, people are finding little gains if any, and many are even achieving noticeably slower 1/4 mile times. This is probably another area on the Maxima that yields little to no gains.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:21 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

I was set to install mine, but after someone else installed theirs and the engin threw codes, I put it on hold until the code-problem was resolved. 5th gen guys were fine, but 4th gen results from someone a few weeks ago were enough for me to scrap plans to do the install 2 weeks ago. After I read more reviews of the UR UDP, i was ready to install, but it has just been too cold. I will post pics of mine, uninstalled, and you can compare it to known pics of the UR version. I also posted weights and diameters a while ago, but noone posted the same for the UR for comparison...
Old 12-03-2002, 12:26 PM

i dont know what i would do without airconditioning and my stereo =] (if you cant survive w/o them either dont get this)
Old 12-03-2002, 12:32 PM
Sin

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe
i dont know what i would do without airconditioning and my stereo =] (if you cant survive w/o them either dont get this)
Who says you can't have AC and stereo? Lots of guys are running UDP's with no problems what so ever with AC and even large aftermarket stereos. The UDP does under drive the accessories as the name implies, but the accessories are only underdriven about 10-15%, which means that only a 10-15% increase in rpm is required to give stock parameters to the accessories. Thus, unless someone is sitting with the engine running, all accessories in full blast, with a low idle, there should not be any problems compared to the stock pulley.

If anything, the UDP does not underdrive enough to get noticeable gains.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:34 PM

This info is all true with what Sin said...hey Phen, maybe you can go ahead and install it for us

or, if you wanna sell it to me, I'd gladly buy it off of ya, and install it, and let people know what the deal is.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:40 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

if the pulley is anything like the UR one, it's not going to harm your car. Anyone weigh/measure it?
Old 12-03-2002, 12:48 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally posted by Lime
if the pulley is anything like the UR one, it's not going to harm your car. Anyone weigh/measure it?
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....&highlight=RVM

Those were my results, when weighing and measuring it when I first got it in. I just got a digi cam, so I will take pics this evening if I get the chance...
Old 12-03-2002, 12:54 PM

I have been thinking a lot about a UDP lately, a lot of people say they are great, mainly dynoing on other cars.. then i hear that they do nothing for ours?

is there no standing one way or the other?
Old 12-03-2002, 12:56 PM
Sin

Originally posted by hlh0501
I have been thinking a lot about a UDP lately, a lot of people say they are great, mainly dynoing on other cars.. then i hear that they do nothing for ours?

is there no standing one way or the other?
Different cars result differently to the same modifications, it's just that simple. For the Maxima, the largest gains for not too much money are intake and y-pipe. For my Volvo 850 Turbo, it was a chip and downpipe. For large American V8's it's exhaust and pulleys.
Old 12-03-2002, 01:28 PM

GAH, im torn on what to do....some people say it doesnt do much, other people say (with auto's), say they love em (UR UDP)....im yet to hear from RVM people....ive driven a 5spd max with UDP but thats a whole different ball game in itself....not one person has an RVM on their auto????
Old 12-03-2002, 03:13 PM
Father of the 00 VI

My unorthodox udp made no difference that i could feel,one because gains are from idle to redline which makes it very hard to feel it. And two the gains are from 3 to 5 at the wheels. I have seen dynos of atleast 50 cars with udp and all gained power.