4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Changing Factory Fog Light Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2001, 03:50 PM
bigdwiz

Hey guys and gals, I know this is probably a very basic question, but I need some help. I have a 96 Maxima SE (recently purchased), and I want to replace the factory fog light bulbs with Piaa H3's. I'm having a real problem finding information on how to remove the housing (I've searched through forums, used search engines, etc for HOURS!!) The fog light housing seems to be in two parts, but when i try to pry the small lens away from the larger one, (don't wanna break it!) it seems like they are both attached by screws??? This cannot be. Someone please help and excuse the basic question.

Thanks in advance,

BigD

Old 01-01-2001, 04:01 PM
Jimp

You are right. First you have totake a flat head screw driver and pry at the bottom of the small piece closest to the middle of the bumper. When that peice comes off then you will see two screws. The big on will have to come out. When you take that screw out you just slide the light towards the middle off the car and it should come off. Then you unscrew the black plastic cap and there is your fog light. Undo the little metal clamp that holds the light in and there is your fog light. Hop this helps sorry about it being long.

Old 01-01-2001, 04:12 PM
bigdwiz

Originally posted by Jimp
You are right. First you have totake a flat head screw driver and pry at the bottom of the small piece closest to the middle of the bumper. When that peice comes off then you will see two screws. The big on will have to come out. When you take that screw out you just slide the light towards the middle off the car and it should come off. Then you unscrew the black plastic cap and there is your fog light. Undo the little metal clamp that holds the light in and there is your fog light. Hop this helps sorry about it being long.
Thanks A LOT Jimp! I am a former Acura/Honda junkie, and I have to say that the Maxima converted me. It is a luxury sports car I can actually afford, with room for my 6'4" self and 3 friends. Later,

BigD