4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

What a weekend! long.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 10:22 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

What a weekend! long.

I went to a graduation party in Terry Parkway playground down here in New Orleans on the Westbank on Saturday night. There were a lot of Nigerian college studens at the party. It's funny because I'm Nigerian myself and haven't seen so many college kids from my home country at one time. Anyway, a friend of mine had a customized K2 Altima(2.5) and told some of the other guys about my car. Tell me why as soon as he did this, everyone, guys and girls, came out to check out my car! Moreover, one of the guys had a 95 maxima and was asking all sorts of questions. Where did you get your intake? Where did you get your grill and indiglo gauges? How much horsepower does it have? How fast does it go? paintjob, etc. There was no traffic along the long street in front of the playground so I took him and his friend for a testdrive, one at a time though. I first did the manual shifting through the gears on the first run and then left it in drive and took off overdrive from a cruisng spped and gunned it. They were so impressed. Even the older brother of the guy who had the 2K2 Atlima(2.5) got into it too with his red 99 Corvette; after I had finished my run, he went out and tested his too. Showoff, he knows his car is faster than mine. One of the guys who came over from London now wants a maxima. On the downside, they want me to do all this stuff for them. I may have to charge them. LOL

On Sunday, I finally changed my knock sensor. While I was a it, I changed the PCV and the fuel filter. I didn't really feel a gain in performance until I changed the knock sensor the next day. I've had the code since March when I bought the maxima at 99K miles. I got the Frankencar intake over the summer and felt the improved gain across the powerband. But this takes, the cake. I guess I'm feeling full power of the intake now becuase even upon regular vs aggressive take off the tires spin! I had the biggest smile on my face Thanks Jime for the knock sensor.

Moreover, my Budget y-pipe came in this morning(Monday); it was shipped on Thursday. My dad was like, "What did you order now?" I told him and he was like, "You and this racing thing of yours." I took pictures of it and want to install it today. However, I noticed that the paint isn't completely dry. I mean it doesn't leave black paint on ypur hands but it feels abit sticky. Should I wait till it dries completely?

This is the best weekend by far this year!
Old 12-23-2002, 01:20 PM

Re: What a weekend! long.

Originally posted by athlon omega
Moreover, my Budget y-pipe came in this morning(Monday); it was shipped on Thursday. My dad was like, "What did you order now?" I told him and he was like, "You and this racing thing of yours." I took pictures of it and want to install it today. However, I noticed that the paint isn't completely dry. I mean it doesn't leave black paint on ypur hands but it feels abit sticky. Should I wait till it dries completely?
That paint is gonna melt any anyways so I wouldn't worry about it.

- Steve