4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Energy Suspension FSB bushings installed

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2002, 03:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Energy Suspension FSB bushings installed

Well after almost a full year I finally got around to installing my Energy Suspension FSB bushings. I have only driven the car short distances, but the car definitely feels more responsive. I also don't really notice very much additional NVH, but I'll post a follow up later on. Pictures can be found here. The poly bushing is on the left, and is slightly smaller. Even though the 2 bushings look the same, the poly bushings were considerably harder than the rubber bushings.

The install was very easy with both wheels off, so I recommend taking the time to put the car on jackstands. There are 2 bolts on each side (14mm if I remember correctly) holding the bushings down, and 1 bolt on each side which sandwiches the endlink bushings. Remember to put the bushings facing forward because I remember several members tore their bushings by installing them backwards. The OEM bushings face forward, so just pay attention during the R&R. The grease is pretty heavy duty, so wear gloves if you have them.

Overall if you're running out of suspension mods (like me) and you have some time, these are worth the install. The bushings won't set you back much, but they do help round out the suspension. I now have B+G/AGXs, ES endlink bushings, ES FSB bushings, FSTB, RSTB, RSB, and soon I'll have some homemade polyurethane engine mounts. The car rides pretty well, and is very much improved in the handling department
-hype
Old 12-27-2002, 03:37 PM
I'm needing a caw

Nice. How about some SBCs?
Old 12-27-2002, 03:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Nice. How about some SBCs?
I considered SFCs, but they'll bump me up into an even higher class for autocrossing (not that I'm in a good class anyway). Maybe someday, but overall I'm very happy with the characteristics of my car.
-hype
Old 01-08-2003, 10:59 PM

ok, couple of questions... It mentions you need 4 of them... I see where two of them go (one on each side), but what about the other two? I see mention of an "endlink bushing", where is that?

Any help would be appreciated, really.
Old 01-08-2003, 11:15 PM

Originally posted by Hellspawn
ok, couple of questions... It mentions you need 4 of them... I see where two of them go (one on each side), but what about the other two? I see mention of an "endlink bushing", where is that?

Any help would be appreciated, really.
There are 4 endlink bushings, one on top and one below each end of the bar. There are also 2 body mount bushings that mount the FSB to the chassis.

The full set comprises Energy Suspension part numbers 7-5118G and 9-8106G. Order one of each and you'll be good to go.

I posted some general tips and some more information in this thread.
Old 02-09-2003, 01:21 PM

Re: Energy Suspension FSB bushings installed

Originally posted by xHypex

The install was very easy with both wheels off, so I recommend taking the time to put the car on jackstands. There are 2 bolts on each side (14mm if I remember correctly) holding the bushings down, and 1 bolt on each side which sandwiches the endlink bushings. Remember to put the bushings facing forward because I remember several members tore their bushings by installing them backwards. The OEM bushings face forward, so just pay attention during the R&R. The grease is pretty heavy duty, so wear gloves if you have them.

sorry for digging this old thread up but I couldn't get the bolt that sandwich the endlinks bushings. I used an impact wrench, the bolt was like stuck & that endlink rod that SNAPED now my car rolls really bad when taking right turns with blown stock shocks on stock springs

edit: I broke part #17 here
pics are here
http://www.pbase.com/maxima1999/suspension

what did I do wrong