4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Got a Stupid Ticket !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 09:18 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Got a Stupid Ticket !!!

On my way to school and cut through a gas station to aviod a long line in Randolph NJ ...its a fine and 2 Points its alot..Im gonna plead not guilty..maybe I can get out of this cause I have a perfect record, first time I have been pulled over...Im soo sad and mad, at least its not speeding though i guess

-matt
Old 01-29-2003, 09:25 AM

I'm surprised the cop didn't let you go with just a warning for your clean record. Go ahead and contest it, you'll probably get just a fine and no points if you take it to court at the most. If the judge is a real A-hole, he might uphold the ticket, but since this is your first violation ever, he's likely to be lenient.
Old 01-29-2003, 09:28 AM

Its a very notorious place where kids cut through in the morning..he was sittin in where the cars get fixed ...you think ill get off with nothin if I come up with a good excuse Im gonna talk to the prosectur the day of court...I usually dont cut through but the lane for the left into school was soo packed up, I would have gotten rearended..

-matt
Old 01-29-2003, 09:34 AM

Man, just say you wanted to get to school a little early or something. You could plead ignorance of the law, but that doesn't work most of the time, judges don't look highly upon that. The best thing going for you is your clean record.
Old 01-29-2003, 09:43 AM

yea in the mornin though its all backed up there bad with a lot of traffic..so Ill say i didnt want to get rearended and I went through the gas station...they know how busy it is out there right by a county college
Old 01-29-2003, 10:23 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

I hate it when people take shortcuts or cut people off while I have to wait like everyone else. Sorry but I think you got what you deserve. Be patient and wait just like everyone else does. You are the reason why people like me have to wait longer, while you cut the people in front of me.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:27 AM

That is why that is a citation. The gas station doesn't want people driving through their place of business w/out buying something. Here in Texas you can get charged with trespassing for doing that. I know its a pain in the @$$ to wait in line, but half the time that's the whole reason there is a line in the first place, impatient folks cuttin' in.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:44 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

That does suck, but man, it aint the end of the world, the points WILL be taken off your license no matter what, just take the class

Thats what im doing for my careless driving ticket, and thats what i did for my previous speeding ticket!

Take the class!!

Eric
Old 01-29-2003, 10:54 AM
aka UNCDooD

you sure its the ticket that is stupid and not the act for which it was received?
Old 01-29-2003, 10:57 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by UNCDooD
you sure its the ticket that is stupid and not the act for which it was received?
Old 01-29-2003, 11:03 AM

Originally posted by UNCDooD

Damn .org'ers are so mean sometimes...

Eric
Old 01-29-2003, 11:09 AM

man that really bites...theyll most likely let it go...i cut through a lot after school and cops dont say anything but maybe cuz cops around here lazy but im sure theyll let it go...i got my first ticket dismissed...if your record is clean youll most likely get it dismissed...good luck with the citation...maybe even a clean record from your parents will help
Old 01-29-2003, 01:10 PM

Originally posted by sharkulator
That is why that is a citation. The gas station doesn't want people driving through their place of business w/out buying something. Here in Texas you can get charged with trespassing for doing that. I know its a pain in the @$$ to wait in line, but half the time that's the whole reason there is a line in the first place, impatient folks cuttin' in.
I heard about what happens down in those southern states when you trespass, you get a shotgun pointed at you
kidding.....
Old 01-29-2003, 01:31 PM

Originally posted by matty
Its a very notorious place where kids cut through in the morning..he was sittin in where the cars get fixed ...you think ill get off with nothin if I come up with a good excuse Im gonna talk to the prosectur the day of court...I usually dont cut through but the lane for the left into school was soo packed up, I would have gotten rearended..

-matt
Definitely work the college tip, the judge would definitely be more sympathetic to a nicely dressed young man w/ a clean driving record, putting himself through college. I got out of a fat speeding ticket by just mentioning to the officer that I was late for class and chatting about how I couldn't wait to finish school. Good luck and where a tie.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:45 PM

and whatever u do, dont let the judge see your max! I was driving home one night from dinner on a date(niceley dressed) with my car hyped up including the rims. The cops seen a young guy with a sporty car and gave me the biggest attitude. He wanted to go make comments on the rims and was asking what Weapon R meant I ended up with 3 tickets that night, 2 of them moving violations. I hired a lawyer, got all the points dropped (since the 2 moving violations were basically for the same thing) and just paid one hefty fine. Nevertheless, you should be fine...I milked the clean driving record as far as anybody else has
Old 01-29-2003, 01:59 PM

I am not even going to start.... but for a good idea, go to....http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=185280
Old 01-29-2003, 02:09 PM

Clee, are you going to take care of this?
Old 01-29-2003, 04:03 PM

Originally posted by MacGyver265
I'm surprised the cop didn't let you go with just a warning for your clean record.
Beware! With the economy so bad, many municipalities are looking for ANY way to generate revenue. One way to do this is to issue tickets. It is rare for cops to issue warnings nowadays. I recently was following traffic and was SHOCKED when a cop pulled me over. He could have arbitrarily picked any car around me for going over posted speed. He even made a comment that "yeah, looks like you have had a clean record for a while..."

Until there is no secondary gain to be had from speeding tickets, this form of corruption will continue--especially in a sour economy.
Old 01-29-2003, 04:10 PM

Originally posted by Mishmosh

Until there is no secondary gain to be had from speeding tickets, this form of corruption will continue--especially in a sour economy.
Corruption?? Get your sorry *** off your couch and vote for legislators that will change the law so that this "corruption" doesn't occur. You idiot, corruption is illeagal activity. Don't tell me that police officers that write revenue genarating citations are corrupt, you whiney little punk. If that is a corrupt practice, then sue your city, county, and state legislatures for corruption and see what happens when the county or state judge who's salary is paid from general revanues bounces you and your sorry nickel lawyer right out of the courtroom. BTW, do you know how much of YOUR city police department's budget is gleaned from traffic citations?? Think about that the next time you see a police helicopter with a light picking out the guy that just killed your mom....or your wife. You can pay your ticket that you deserve, or you can vote for a tax increase that comes out of EVERYONE'S wallet to pay city, county, and state budgets.

I am on one today!!
Old 01-29-2003, 07:37 PM

Originally posted by fst96se
Clee, are you going to take care of this?
Judging from your responses, I'd say you're taking care of it already.

Please feel free to educate our Maxima brethen on the antics of "corrupt" police officers such as yourself who have nothing to do but pull over young men in their vehicles covered with illegal lights and give them tickets in order to inflate their power tripping egos.

Old 01-30-2003, 12:19 AM

damn that sucks
Old 01-30-2003, 04:29 AM
aka UNCDooD

Originally posted by amixam98

hahaha.
Old 01-30-2003, 05:17 AM

Re: Got a Stupid Ticket !!!

Originally posted by matty
On my way to school and cut through a gas station to aviod a long line in Randolph NJ ...its a fine and 2 Points its alot..Im gonna plead not guilty..maybe I can get out of this cause I have a perfect record, first time I have been pulled over...Im soo sad and mad, at least its not speeding though i guess

-matt
I'm sorry you got a ticket, but it's not like you didn't break the law or anything. Pay up and go away a wiser man.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:30 AM

Corruption?? Get your sorry *** off your couch and vote for legislators that will change the law so that this "corruption" doesn't occur. You idiot, corruption is illeagal activity. Don't tell me that police officers that write revenue genarating citations are corrupt, you whiney little punk. If that is a corrupt practice, then sue your city, county, and state legislatures for corruption and see what happens when the county or state judge who's salary is paid from general revanues bounces you and your sorry nickel lawyer right out of the courtroom. BTW, do you know how much of YOUR city police department's budget is gleaned from traffic citations?? Think about that the next time you see a police helicopter with a light picking out the guy that just killed your mom....or your wife. You can pay your ticket that you deserve, or you can vote for a tax increase that comes out of EVERYONE'S wallet to pay city, county, and state budgets.

I am on one today!!
On what? Prozac? If not it sounds like you need to be.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:33 AM

On what? Prozac? If not it sounds like you need to be.
Just get tired of ignorant, snot nosed snivelling, whiners that have NO idea what they are talking about...

On a roll, Big Mac, on a roll.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:47 AM

Just get tired of ignorant, snot nosed snivelling, whiners that have NO idea what they are talking about...

On a roll, Big Mac, on a roll.
You have to admit, its rather frustating when a cop pulls you over and you're going the exact same speed as anyone else. The cop could just sit in the shoulder with his lights on, that usually slows everyone down and I've seen them do it before. This is doubly frustrating when you have a clean record too. I'm not disputing what you said though, I just think they could use more discretion in who they pull over sometimes, specifically, they should target the aggressive drivers (there's always at least one in a group) and not those moving with the flow of traffic.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:49 AM

You have to admit, its rather frustating when a cop pulls you over and you're going the exact same speed as anyone else. The cop could just sit in the shoulder with his lights on, that usually slows everyone down and I've seen them do it before. This is doubly frustrating when you have a clean record too. I'm not disputing what you said though, I just think they could use more discretion in who they pull over sometimes, specifically, they should target the aggressive drivers (there's always at least one in a group) and not those moving with the flow of traffic.
Have you ever gone fishing?.......
Old 01-30-2003, 07:56 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Have you ever gone fishing?.......
Old 01-30-2003, 09:56 AM

Yeah and what was this thread baout??

Eric