4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

what's the brightest stock-like H3 bulb??

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 10:07 AM
vicodin ... gift of life

what's the brightest stock-like H3 bulb??

Hi guys

I've posted a thread previously about this but didn't get much help (ppl kept giving me superwhite bulbs recommendations)... so here's some new info that I got after searching the entire forum from right to left about this. I have stock bulbs in my car right now... all around, but I'd rather not spend the money right now replacing those until one of em goes out or something (college student = poor).

So, I need fog bulbs... I want to keep them as close to stock color but brighter. Someone suggested HID fogs but I'm sure there's a cheaper solution than that. I just want my fogs to be brighter than the rest of the bulbs on my car.

I read in a post that the sylvanias had dissapointed them because they were disappointed because it looked stock! That's what i want... so is this true? Unfortunately, he wasn't talkin about headlights. I was wondering if the Sylvania H3 bulbs were stock-like but brighter. If not, are there any brands like this??

OH, if you haven't already, I suggest you guys to add an extra ground wire for ure headlights and fogs... I heard they do make a difference (brighter). I will do this today too.

Here's what my lights look like now:
Old 02-08-2003, 10:19 AM
i SeE what you did therE

phillips blue vision h-3 fog lights are brighter to stock ..

i have phillips blue vision head lights and fogs..
Old 02-08-2003, 10:38 AM
vicodin ... gift of life

Originally posted by redmaxpa007
phillips blue vision h-3 fog lights are brighter to stock ..

i have phillips blue vision head lights and fogs..
cool thanks for the recommendation Jeff. I did a search right when you posted that about the bluevisions but I haven't been able to find a picture. I came across a couple of your old posts about it w/ links to pics, but they are broken. I also found out they are $35! I didn't know H3 bulbs could run that high... compared to the headlights which are like $10-$12. Thanks for your help! I'll definately check that out.

btw, cute sig
Old 02-08-2003, 10:45 AM
i SeE what you did therE

Originally posted by nadir_s

cool thanks for the recommendation Jeff. I did a search right when you posted that about the bluevisions but I haven't been able to find a picture. I came across a couple of your old posts about it w/ links to pics, but they are broken. I also found out they are $35! I didn't know H3 bulbs could run that high... compared to the headlights which are like $10-$12. Thanks for your help! I'll definately check that out.

btw, cute sig

my home page has pics of the light setup..
Old 02-08-2003, 12:02 PM

Originally posted by redmaxpa007

my home page has pics of the light setup..
Where can I find those bluevisions for sale. And what bulbs do you have in your clearance lights
Old 02-08-2003, 02:07 PM

Originally posted by BigJuice

Where can I find those bluevisions for sale. And what bulbs do you have in your clearance lights
For bluevision H3s here is a thread with links to sites you can order them from.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....+AND+Fog+Light
Old 02-08-2003, 03:59 PM

I'll check that out
Old 02-08-2003, 06:02 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

Originally posted by maxamer

For bluevision H3s here is a thread with links to sites you can order them from.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....+AND+Fog+Light
Thanks for the thread. I think my best option is from that Euro site... powerbulbs.com. Converted to US dollars... they sell the H3 bulbs seperately for 12.something... basically comes out to 25 bucks for both of em. No shipping fees, even internationally. I think that's a good buy... right? Anyone find em for cheaper?
Old 02-08-2003, 06:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Thanks for the thread. I think my best option is from that Euro site... powerbulbs.com. Converted to US dollars... they sell the H3 bulbs seperately for 12.something... basically comes out to 25 bucks for both of em. No shipping fees, even internationally. I think that's a good buy... right? Anyone find em for cheaper?
Powerbulbs has them for 11 british pounds... That comes to about $17 dollars a pop.

A similar site is: http://www.autolamps-online.com/
I bought the Allweather H3. Very bright, and more yellow than stock.
Old 02-08-2003, 08:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I just put in Diamond White 100W H3's in my PIAA fogs. Close to stock and bright as hell.
Old 02-09-2003, 06:59 AM

I believe powerbulbs.com is currently throwing in a pair of free Bluevision 194 bulbs with every order -- for your bumper side marker lights.