4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Need 2 Vent After Dealer Screwed Me In The Arse

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 09:46 PM

Need 2 Vent After Dealer Screwed Me In The ****

sighhhh, after i had my accident my car went to a licensed nissan collision shop blah, blah blah...so after a month of getting my **** screwed without lube, i am supposed to get the car back in....about 12 hrs...so tonite i was in the area, and i went to visit my car, and i am NOT happy...the paint work is good, but thats where it ends...most of my front left side had to be replaced and where my corner light was put in, it is on like a 20 degree tilt and looks horrible...a spot on my drivers door that is missing paint still has none, they didn't remove ANY of the torn up plastic from underneath the car (the old rollpan) and from a distance, you can even see it, jutting from underneath the car...where my blinker and sidemarker should be, there is a hole...jsut a HOLE where it should be??? HOW IS THIS CAR GONNA BE READY FOR 12PM???? i am severly ****ed off and needed to vent...sorry..fell free to blast me at will, but i am sad b.c i got to drive this car for a week b4 the accident, and now it is a piece of ****...the frame was bent too, so knowing my luck, the car will forever eat tires, and pull to one side

i love my max, but not so much after this **** NORMAN got ahold of it and Fked me around for a month...sighhhh

The new headlight and foglight i got ont he left side are BEAUTIFUL and CRYSTAL clear, but my right lenses are NOT...and the contrast is HIDEOUS...i don't know what to do!?!?!?!
Old 02-12-2003, 10:19 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

Re: Need 2 Vent After Dealer Screwed Me In The ****

damn... so how much is this gonna cost you?

Even tho the frame is bent... it isn't considered totalled? Sorry to hear that bro... if u can, take pics and show us how it ends out looking. I hope it works out for ya
Old 02-12-2003, 10:34 PM
† ErV †

that sucks...

your best bet is to try to work something out with the insurance and take it to an independant body shop. i've seen corollas and camrys with badly bent frames repaired to perfection so it just depends on who does the work.

Old 02-13-2003, 07:36 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Originally posted by 97blackSE
licensed nissan collision shop blah, blah blah...
What a line.

Let me tell you what that means.

Your dealer sent you to the collision shop that they have contracted to do their repairs. We have a contract with the Nissan Dealer down the street from us. We do excellent repair work. Unfortunately the shop that your dealer has contracted doesn't do excellent repair work.

You have the right to use any, let me repeat ANY collision repair shop you wish. Your insurance company or your dealer may suggest one, but you do not have to use them. Thats the law, and it's your rights.

You should always inspect the shop and have them show you recent work that they have done. That way you see first hand what kind of work the shop puts out. Your the customer, shop around, even ask for a tour, if the place is filthy and unorganized, don't use them. The spray booth should be clean and bright. Ask to see it. If they don't want to show you around, don't use them.

Profline Body & Chassis
Elmwood Park, NJ
201-398-1512
Old 02-13-2003, 07:40 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Damnz! you only had it for a week before you got in an accident? That sucks so bad! The first week I had my maxima I literally would have killed anyone I got into an accident with, even if it was my fault. **** I would have even hit the passenger in my own car! Now its all messed up? that's even worse,maybe they forgot a bolt or 2 on the bumper so its hangen a bit? and the hole might be empty cuz they didn't get the replacement light yet? I don't know, im ****ed for you man damn it!@
Old 02-13-2003, 07:55 AM
Cheesing away...

Sorry to hear about the car
Old 02-13-2003, 08:04 AM

That is terrible. I hope you did not take the car back. Call your insurance company and tell them to send someone to look at it. They are supposed to return your car to the way it was previously. Assuming it was in perfect condition before. Good Luck..
Old 02-13-2003, 08:38 AM

njmaxseltd is right. When my car was stolen, then found, I had a choice (through the insurance company, Allstate) on where to take my car to be fixed. They suggested shops, but I knew exactly where I wanted to take it, a place in Northvale, NJ. My family has been taking their cars there for years. They accepted it through the insurance company.. The car looks and feels like it was brand new again...I hope whatever you decide to do works out for you..
Old 02-13-2003, 09:48 AM
¿Hablas Español?

Re: Re: Need 2 Vent After Dealer Screwed Me In The ****

Originally posted by njmaxseltd

You should always inspect the shop and have them show you recent work that they have done. That way you see first hand what kind of work the shop puts out. Your the customer, shop around, even ask for a tour, if the place is filthy and unorganized, don't use them. The spray booth should be clean and bright. Ask to see it. If they don't want to show you around, don't use them.
Old 02-13-2003, 10:10 AM

Originally posted by 97blackSE
sighhhh, after i had my accident my car went to a licensed nissan collision shop blah, blah blah...so after a month of getting my **** screwed without lube, i am supposed to get the car back in....about 12 hrs...so tonite i was in the area, and i went to visit my car, and i am NOT happy...the paint work is good, but thats where it ends...most of my front left side had to be replaced and where my corner light was put in, it is on like a 20 degree tilt and looks horrible...a spot on my drivers door that is missing paint still has none, they didn't remove ANY of the torn up plastic from underneath the car (the old rollpan) and from a distance, you can even see it, jutting from underneath the car...where my blinker and sidemarker should be, there is a hole...jsut a HOLE where it should be??? HOW IS THIS CAR GONNA BE READY FOR 12PM???? i am severly ****ed off and needed to vent...sorry..fell free to blast me at will, but i am sad b.c i got to drive this car for a week b4 the accident, and now it is a piece of ****...the frame was bent too, so knowing my luck, the car will forever eat tires, and pull to one side

i love my max, but not so much after this **** NORMAN got ahold of it and Fked me around for a month...sighhhh

The new headlight and foglight i got ont he left side are BEAUTIFUL and CRYSTAL clear, but my right lenses are NOT...and the contrast is HIDEOUS...i don't know what to do!?!?!?!
If this shop was on the list that your insurance company sent you, call your agent and tell them that you are not happy with the work that was done on your car. You are protected if the shop is on the list.

Fortunately when I had my accident, I took it to a Nissan dealership that had their own body shop on site and the work was done right.