4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Me and my dad did some maintenance..

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 07:10 PM

Me and my dad did some maintenance..

A few days ago, me and my dad did some work on my car. We put new rotors and brake pads on the rear, replaced an o2 sensor, and changed my ATF fluid and filter. I paid for all the parts except for the ATF fluid because my pockets were broke after everything else, so my dad offered to pay for the ATF. He ended up buying a generic fluid, which I didn't want to complain about because it was all in good intentions..however, I seem to feel a difference in the new fluid.. shifting is smoother, but it seems to be slower/hesitant..now maybe this is all in my head. I don't know what kind of ATF I had before, but I know it wasn't cheap. Should it really make a big difference or am I just over-reacting?
Old 02-13-2003, 09:08 PM
Sin

Re: Me and my dad did some maintenance..

Originally posted by gabex
A few days ago, me and my dad did some work on my car. We put new rotors and brake pads on the rear, replaced an o2 sensor, and changed my ATF fluid and filter. I paid for all the parts except for the ATF fluid because my pockets were broke after everything else, so my dad offered to pay for the ATF. He ended up buying a generic fluid, which I didn't want to complain about because it was all in good intentions..however, I seem to feel a difference in the new fluid.. shifting is smoother, but it seems to be slower/hesitant..now maybe this is all in my head. I don't know what kind of ATF I had before, but I know it wasn't cheap. Should it really make a big difference or am I just over-reacting?
New generic ATF will definetly feel better than old factory fill. Good synthetic ATF can cost quite a bit, so I totally understand. I used to be a licensed AMSOIL distributor (stopped recently simply because I've been too busy), so I was getting AMSOIL at cheaper than Mobil.

Changing out the ATF isn't very hard at all. Just save up and do it next season.