4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

dam i hate ricers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 08:26 AM

dam i hate ricers!!!

I was heading down a main road with one of my friends last night and this kid in an 89ish Grand Am comes charging up on me and did a ricer fly-by. Huge APC wing, fart can and tail lights with the red worn off so they looked like home made altezzas. I wansnt going to race this idiot. So he gets ****ed off and slows down and flicks me off. I laughed. He was driving with one hand on the top of the wheel and all slouched over. So now he is next to me and slows down and gets behind me. I was going 45 the whole time. He charges up behind me and tailgates!! By now I was getting pretty ****ed off!! He starts swerving like he wants to pass me in the turning lane!! I was like WTF?!?!?! This was a place where A LOT of cops hang out (Tim Hortons doughnuts is right down the street) so I did not want to do anything stupid. So i decided the best thing to do (and the thing that most **** the kid off) would be to call the cops. I figured he could be drunk or stoned. I was about to dial and he turned onto a side street. Kind of a wussy move to call the cops, but I was in no mood to mess with this kid and have him wreck my car. I could have run the hell out of him, but it wasnt a good place to do it.

My point-most of the ricers I meet seem to be these stupid punk kids who think they have something to prove. Whenever 2 riced hondas meet, it turns into a rev war, some kind of grudge war. These kids are so dumb in their daddys hondas! or in this case, pontiac. all custom max owners i have met are pretty cool. There was just a thread about how nice max owners are, and i completely agree!!

man what a pointless thread.
Old 02-16-2003, 08:41 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i have to agree with you on that one, the whole rice racers thing really gets out of hand sometimes, just a bunch of show offs.

and grrr those huge wings annoy the hell out of me, what the hell are they going to do? FLY??...

ok, i feel better now.
Old 02-16-2003, 08:48 AM
I'm so hood

One of the things I enjoy about my max is I never get sweated by anyone anymore like that. Then again, my max looks/seems stock except for clear corners and the stereo bumpin. Heh...with my integra, it was a different story....*recalls getting a bat thrown at his car after speeding through a red light to avoid some guy's homerun swing against the side of the car*

On your cardomain page it says you're stock though, except for stereo stuff and the intake. So if you look stock, that's a pretty chance encounter to me unless it was way late at night. If it's late, anything can happen. I was a bit destructive, etc, when I was 16-17. He'll learn his lesson one of these days, don't you worry.

Sony Speakers (Shoulda got Rockford Fosgate)
I wouldn't be so sure about that one. Look beyond sony and RF
Old 02-16-2003, 09:12 AM
I need a truck

i'm proud of you for not stuping down to their level ... only bad things can come from it
Old 02-16-2003, 09:30 AM

Damn ricers!!

The next time I see a Civic with a muffler, I'm gonna............... nevermind, just trying to vent from my loss to a riced out Cavalier.

Yes, a Chevrolet Cavalier!
Old 02-16-2003, 09:34 AM

dont worry about it man, we all have our bad days, i lost to an acura CL two weeks ago, just put it behind you and move on, and oh yeah, make sure you rip the asphalt from under the next cavalier you see :P
Old 02-16-2003, 09:50 AM

yea man i know how u feel.. i live in the Northern VA/D.C. area and we have a very high concentration of riced out hondas.. ever since i put the sticker on my rear window every civic, accord, integra, etc. wants to race me and the cops here in Fairfax County are the biggest a$$holes you'll ever meet.. so i keep my calm most of the time but just sometimes it gets to me and i have to make these 1.6 4-bangers eat the smoke off my tires..
Old 02-16-2003, 10:49 AM

Originally posted by Conrad283
i'm proud of you for not stuping down to their level ... only bad things can come from it
That makes me feel pretty good. Thanks!! This is why I am worried about getting a muffler. i figure that when these boy racers see it, they will want a piece of it, when in reality i really dont want to race. As my name implies, i cant go fast. For me, there is too much to lose. If i get a ticket, good bye to the max!! And my money!! I like accelerating fast, but not speeding (too much) or racing. Sounds weird that I am getting performance stuff and dont race. My car is a lot of fun and I feel so lucky to have it, I do not want to lose it. i am on my fathers insurance policy and if I get a ticket, the max goes. It still is a lot of fun! Also, my father has an almost perfect driving record, that is what i aspire to. Thanks for the replies everyone! Take care!!
Old 02-16-2003, 10:55 AM

i am really starting to hate the term "ricers'
Old 02-16-2003, 11:20 AM

Originally posted by Kashoggio
i agree, i think we should come up with something new... but what??

my exhaust is modified and I have intake, clearcorners, (the usuals) i often get people reving at me or wanting to play. i am a big believer in the term "right place, right time" when it comes to street racing. so if the person next to you is reving at a light, rev back , but dont race, then they can peel out and u just accelerate slowly, that really p*sses people off. let them waste tires and gas. and if you do want to put them in their place make sure its safe.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:24 AM
CaLSoNiC

Yeah some ***** *** in an old Civic hatch wanted to race me, instead he ends up clipping my bumper... ***** got a nice slap across the face for that one, plus a higher insurance rate. :P

Old 02-16-2003, 02:59 PM
Most Perverted Member of the SE-L Club

Originally posted by cantgofast

That makes me feel pretty good. Thanks!! This is why I am worried about getting a muffler. i figure that when these boy racers see it, they will want a piece of it, when in reality i really dont want to race. As my name implies, i cant go fast. For me, there is too much to lose. If i get a ticket, good bye to the max!! And my money!! I like accelerating fast, but not speeding (too much) or racing. Sounds weird that I am getting performance stuff and dont race. My car is a lot of fun and I feel so lucky to have it, I do not want to lose it. i am on my fathers insurance policy and if I get a ticket, the max goes. It still is a lot of fun! Also, my father has an almost perfect driving record, that is what i aspire to. Thanks for the replies everyone! Take care!!
now you know why i regret getting altezzas
Old 02-16-2003, 03:06 PM

I also hate ricers...

recently I was in Fort Lauderdale and I saw a riced-out
Bonneville...HUGE wing...lowered, and nothing but ATTITUDE
from the driver...I mean, PUH-LEASE!!!

anyhow, they do make it fun on the road, whenever I see a riced
ride I laugh and laugh and laugh...

FLO_BOY
Old 02-16-2003, 03:27 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

You should have gotten his plate number and called the cops anyways... he was probably trying the same **** on someone else
Old 02-16-2003, 04:06 PM

Originally posted by fearthegecko

Old 02-16-2003, 04:19 PM

Originally posted by fearthegecko

less attention from da man too.

FLO_BOY got it exactly right- it is the attitude. It is all about themselves. The familial nature of the org sets us (most of us) apart from the rest. To me, a ricer (i too do not like the term, but what else is there?) is a punk in a honda with an additude. That is why when I first joined this site, I was amazed at how much you guys help each other out. That is why I am proud to be a maxima owner.

BTW- off topic-what does wOOt mean?
Old 02-16-2003, 04:58 PM
Handsome

I can relate.

One time my girl friend was in the car with me and this guy in a riced out integra does the exact same thing that happened to you. At each light he was reving and getting on my rear. Then he starts getting next to me at each light, my girl friend rolls down the window and says 'your real cool' to which he rolls his eyes. I guess he was feeling pretty confident since he had a friend with him. At the next light I'm looking over at him because he just won't leave me alone and my girl friend is getting irretated. He gives me the most smart @ss look and waves at me. I am the nicest person you will ever meet and pull over everytime someone is stranded or needs help but this guy had just broke the last string. I jumped out of the car and ran over to his car and told him to get the f^ck out, his eyes get as big as bowling ***** and he looks over to his friend, to which I reply tell your friend to step out too. People are honking at me by this point and the guy says he just wants to race, to which I reply my "F-ing girl friend is in the car, your driving like a total dumb@ss, it's pretty obvious I don't want to race you, and the smart @ss look you just gave me isn't one you would give someone you just want to race, so get the f^ck out of the car!!!" He says nothing, his hands are shaking, and he is just looking straight ahead at the light and so is his friend, it goes green and he takes off. An old guy had been behind me for the whole thing I guess because he pulls up next to me with a big smile at the next light and says "Way to go, that guy was driving like a maniac you should have drug him through the window!"

His parents and the guy's following you probably just gave them time outs when they were kids, a good @ss kicking would have done them some good and taught them a little respect. You handled yourself much better than I did and I commend you for that.
Old 02-16-2003, 05:18 PM
CaLSoNiC

Originally posted by cantgofast

less attention from da man too.

FLO_BOY got it exactly right- it is the attitude. It is all about themselves. The familial nature of the org sets us (most of us) apart from the rest. To me, a ricer (i too do not like the term, but what else is there?) is a punk in a honda with an additude. That is why when I first joined this site, I was amazed at how much you guys help each other out. That is why I am proud to be a maxima owner.

BTW- off topic-what does wOOt mean?
w00t doesnt mean a damn thing. Its an expression. Sound it out. Its like a "**** yeah" but w00t.

Old 02-16-2003, 05:21 PM

Originally posted by CaLSoNiC

w00t doesnt mean a damn thing. Its an expression. Sound it out. Its like a "**** yeah" but w00t.
OIC
Thanks!
Old 02-16-2003, 08:51 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by Kashoggio
Flamer?Sheep? Plastic ******? Fraudracers?Wannabes? running out of ideas. By the way first post woohoo! I don't have a maxima yet but i am saving up for a 97 Se. People have been a lot of help
Old 02-16-2003, 09:08 PM
Keepdiscoevil

I am not going to defend them all the way. but you do have to remember that all ricers are pretty much teenagers. As a teenager i know that modding up a car take ALOT of money. Money that most Teenagers do not have. So they have to rice there car up. Me i have been trying to do things correct. It takes alot of money so it is a very slow job for me.

Being a ricer is not a excuse for showing off. The old phase "can talk the talk, but cannot walk the walk" comes to mind. I say if a ricer comes up to you, beat the crap out of them, show them that their cars are not that great. They will certianly be ashamed of there car, and have their tails between thier legs.

Old 02-16-2003, 09:10 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

wo0T is used by all the uber l33t ppl
Old 02-16-2003, 10:05 PM
CaLSoNiC

Originally posted by nadir_s

wo0T is used by all the uber l33t ppl
F34R M3. I W177 PWN J00. W00T W00T I R TEH UB3R 1337 SP34K3R.

Old 02-16-2003, 11:11 PM
Most Perverted Member of the SE-L Club

Originally posted by Street Reeper
I can relate.

One time my girl friend was in the car with me and this guy in a riced out integra does the exact same thing that happened to you. At each light he was reving and getting on my rear. Then he starts getting next to me at each light, my girl friend rolls down the window and says 'your real cool' to which he rolls his eyes. I guess he was feeling pretty confident since he had a friend with him. At the next light I'm looking over at him because he just won't leave me alone and my girl friend is getting irretated. He gives me the most smart @ss look and waves at me. I am the nicest person you will ever meet and pull over everytime someone is stranded or needs help but this guy had just broke the last string. I jumped out of the car and ran over to his car and told him to get the f^ck out, his eyes get as big as bowling ***** and he looks over to his friend, to which I reply tell your friend to step out too. People are honking at me by this point and the guy says he just wants to race, to which I reply my "F-ing girl friend is in the car, your driving like a total dumb@ss, it's pretty obvious I don't want to race you, and the smart @ss look you just gave me isn't one you would give someone you just want to race, so get the f^ck out of the car!!!" He says nothing, his hands are shaking, and he is just looking straight ahead at the light and so is his friend, it goes green and he takes off. An old guy had been behind me for the whole thing I guess because he pulls up next to me with a big smile at the next light and says "Way to go, that guy was driving like a maniac you should have drug him through the window!"

His parents and the guy's following you probably just gave them time outs when they were kids, a good @ss kicking would have done them some good and taught them a little respect. You handled yourself much better than I did and I commend you for that.
as much as i hate to say it, i've had this experience with two other maxima owners. Both of them 3rd gens. One dude was tailgating my girl in her car, and ****ing with her because she supposedly pulled out in front of him. He even went as far as following her into a parking lot that we were pulling in to. This guy thought he was hot ****, until she parked the car and i got out(i'm 6'4", 230lbs.), thenhe was all apologetic. the other dude lives down the street from me, drives a 3rd gen with a huge wing, and a wet fart muffler. The kid got his license like 6 months ago, and the way he drives that car, he'll be lucky if he's alive 6 months from now.
Old 02-17-2003, 02:23 AM

F34R M3. I W177 PWN J00. W00T W00T I R TEH UB3R 1337 SP34K3R.
can i get fries with that??