4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Lost my 95 tonight.... totalled

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 07:30 PM

Lost my 95 tonight.... totalled

Guys all I can say through this expirence is PLEASE take it easy. Drive safe, don't speed or race. Save racing for the track.

I was out tonight coming down this road. Its a single road that goes thru a marsh so there is water and wetlands on both sides of the road. It was about 50 degrees out today for the first time in a while. All the snow was melting. But tonight it started freezing. I was coming around the bend doing 50 - 60 mph in 3rd. I'm going around the corner and my back end kicks out. I could really do nothing but try to countersteer. I got it back streight and trying to slow down but counter steered too much and the passenger side of the car whipped into the barrier. There it tore off my rear bumper. We continued to slide with the brakes locked across the road into *oh my god* another car head on. We hit the 2000 Jetta 1.8t head on and airbags deployed. Tonight was the scariest night of my life. Everyone from my Maxima and the other car was ok (thank God). Just minor scrapes etc...

I could have lost 4 of my best friends tonight. We could have rolled into the marsh and died. I'm asking you everyone, PLEASE drive careful. I no longer am a Maxima owner as it is serverely totalled. The radiator blew, front end got pushed in about 1.5 feet, motor seized. Now because of my need to drive faster than the speed limit, I no longer have a beautiful black 95 SE 5spd sitting in my driveway. If you truely love your car, take care of it and yourself by driving safe.

Its been a pleasure here at the forum. You guys have helped me beyond what words can describe. I don't know what I will get for it, but I doubt I'll have the privlage of buying another Maxima. Thank you all and I hope to see you in the future.

Also, I have a new budget Y-pipe that I haven't installed yet. If anyone is interested, email me. Goodbye everyone.
Old 02-20-2003, 07:35 PM

Old 02-20-2003, 07:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

my sister totaled her car last week. thank god that no one was hurt. remember, cars are just things, and the most important things in life arent things.
Old 02-20-2003, 07:37 PM

Good thing you and everyone else involved are ok. Dont feel too bad about the maxima...it's just metal, cars are replaceable. Good luck to you.
Old 02-20-2003, 07:42 PM

Really sorry to hear that. Just shows how fast things can happen when you think you're in control.
Old 02-20-2003, 07:47 PM

Wow man - that sucks....I truly feel sorry for you.

I hate to be a scavenger, but if you have parts you would like to sell to recoup your losses, you should do that.
Old 02-20-2003, 07:57 PM

Hey man how are you? I hope you're ok and are feeling better after the loss. I love my car so much I'd be utterly devastated beyond words if something happened to my Max, plus I have only liability . I to drive fast occasionally and do race and have lost control but have gained control and yeah it is pretty damn scary. I could learn a lesson when you least expect it something can happen. Not trying to be an *** or funny but sometimes I see pretty *** girls and when I look ahead I'm a millimeter away from hitting the car infront of me. But yeah I promise I'll be more careful now. I hope you can recuperate good luck man
Old 02-20-2003, 08:07 PM

Originally posted by HarrisH
But yeah I promise I'll be more careful now. I hope you can recuperate good luck man
Thanks man. I really can't describe in words how I feel. In one hand I'm thankful no one is hurt. On the other hand, look what I've gone and done all because I want that little thrill. I'm really crushed right now, and feel like a total idiot for ruining a beautiful piece of machine. I will move on though, and my baby will be replaced. Its like I lost part of my life tonight. My maxima was my life. Everyday I'd work on it and be on this org. Now its gone. My friends and I had just finished shaving M A X I M A and the burger off the back. It was beautiful. And filled the tank with premium!!

Sorry I had to vent some more. Thanks for taking me serious man. I appriciate it.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:30 PM

Hey man I tried IMing you but you have your away message on. I'm good friends with Jaime "Jamsan920" I didn't know that you guys knew each other. He's a nice guy and he was just telling me that you told him on AIM. But quite honestly I feel really bad man . Is there anyway that your insurance company can fix the car for you? I don't know a whole lot about insurance or how it works so I'm just trying to help. Yeah the important thing is that you your friends and the people that you collided with are all ok. But God I know how you're going to feel about the car its going to be hard not thinking about it and remembering all the fun times you had with it. But you see you're young you got a lot going for you so save up some $$$ for another car and make SURE that you are VERY VERY SAFE. The Maxima I'm sure was a wonderful car and it'll be a severe loss which will hurt tremendously, but unfortunately all good things do come to an end. Relentlessly, some good things end to abruptly and the emotional scars left by the loss are forever significant. My car is like my girlfriend I love it so much, I think I'd cry if I put a scratch on it lol seriously man. This one time I was backing out of a repair shop and I hit a pole and I scraped my rear bumper took me a MONTH to get over that. To some people a car is just a car, but to me my car is everything as I'm sure his car was everything to him. My parents bought me my Maxima about 2 months ago and I will be forever thankful. I don't just drive my car thinking I'm driving a car, I drive my car thinking of it as something thats a part of me. And many of you on the .org feel the same way I'm sure. If you didn't I doubt you'd be on here almost everyday looking for ways to undoubtfully seek perfection. However, for some that pursuit ends short when something tragic like this happens but we have to move on and realize and learn from our mistakes. The death of my car would be like the death of a family member hence my mom or dad, and many more I'm sure feel the same way, judging from the way you wrote this thread I'm sure you're feeling the loss in quite the same way. I'm sorry man.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:30 PM

Hey man sorry about the Max. It's good to hear that everyone is ok and that you learned from your mistake. If you are going to sell any parts from your Maxima send me a message. I will gladly take the foglights and all 4 floormats off your hands for my 1996 Max. I'm only in Massachusetts so it's not that far away from you. Good luck with insurance and finding a new car man.
MassMax
Old 02-20-2003, 08:36 PM
lefty

Don't want to beat the issue to death but just wanted to say glad you and your buddies are O.K.

I guess it is like a reality check for everyone here. But I must commend you for admitting it was your fault. Some try to cover it up. Good for you.

Sorry about your max... I wonder if the Jetta driver loved his car also?

What are your plans for the next car? Another Max? Good luck with insurance buddy.

Old 02-20-2003, 08:45 PM
henock

hey man.. sorry about your car.. i know the feeling. If you have a decent insurance company.. it shouldn't be too hard dealing with them.. take your time to recuperate. you'll get over it.. i did, in time. Whatever you drive in the future is the car you'll grow to love. Just be glad everyone is alright. Good Luck

Old 02-20-2003, 08:47 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by maximum810
Dont feel too bad aboutG the maxima...it's just metal, cars are replaceable. Good luck to you.
I want to second that, but add...cars are replaceable, ......people are not. Sorry to hear about the max. Best of luck in your new/used car finding...hope ya end up with another max.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:48 PM

Old 02-20-2003, 09:42 PM

good that you all are ok, but ya might wanna give ebaymotors a look over if ur interested in another max!
Old 02-20-2003, 09:45 PM
Sports Button FTW

dam man, everyone totalling their car...u just gotta drive smart...no matter what, if u r on here, more than likely u r buying performance mods and u get the urge to pass the speed limit by more than needed. its all about driving smart...if snow is on the ground and its crazy cold, please slow down during curves...i speed a lot but i speed smartly, i'm sorry your car is ghost...i'm glad u are ok, i'm so glad u r...its not ok to speed, i dont condone it but too many people do it including me, we just gotta do it smart, the safest race is a straight race....

your car was so beautiful...sorry, i dont even want to ask if u r partin it out cause something bigger is in the air now....life....
Old 02-20-2003, 09:57 PM

I'm glad no one was hurt during the whole incident, but seriously WHY would you take a corner at 50+mph? (Considering the sleet, etc.)
Old 02-20-2003, 10:16 PM

sorry to hear the bad news - i guess learning the hard way is always the most effective