4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Help I Just Got It Back Today And It Died Why ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 07:53 PM

Help I Just Got It Back Today And It Died Why ?

Yea so i finally got my car back today after what seemed like forever of a wait. And they replaced my clutch and i might add that they did a great job it grabs superb and feels branny new on the down side of the day, well the car was running great all day and late tonight i was taking my friend for a ride to show him whats what when it comes to a maxima anyway, i got on it in 1st and 2nd brought it till about 4500 rpm each shift. and when i went to slow down i put the clutch in and let the car coast. As it coasted i noticed that the dash flashed and all the lights that first appear like the fuel battery air bag etc lights where all illuminated so i knew right then and there that the car had stalled. Id was hard for me to believe though because i nor my friend felt the car sputter or anything it was so smooth that if the lights hadnt come on. i would not have known. Anyway my first reaction to this once i came to a stop was to try to restart the car so i gave it a minute and turned the key.. nothing it was like a clunk noise and then silence i was like ut oh did the engine seeze ? i got worried but then a friend of mine had an idea he said lets try pop starting it, so we did he and our other friend pushed my car and i let the cluch out hard in second the car sputterd almost started and then died again. I let it rest and then tried to restart it with my good old nissan key This time i had much more luck the car acutally tried to turn over but it just wouldnt start. So i tried the giving it gas trick while turning it over and nothing. Now it sits in a parking lot all nice and clean with its beautiful clear bumper lights but it wont start.. PLEASE i need to know what happend ? ANY ONE ANY IDEAS .. all thoughs are appreciated.. and id also like to know how much this will set me back if anyone knows what it is and the approx cost.. thanks.. Kyle
Old 02-26-2003, 08:06 PM

SORRY!!! i was in the crapper, and apparently the server was running slow, so i had a friend post for me, and he is a MORON, and now there is 7 of these posts!!! PLEASE DISREGARD THE STUPIDITY, and PLEASE HELP ME...
Old 02-26-2003, 08:18 PM

Originally posted by 97blackSE
SORRY!!! i was in the crapper, and apparently the server was running slow, so i had a friend post for me, and he is a MORON, and now there is 7 of these posts!!! PLEASE DISREGARD THE STUPIDITY, and PLEASE HELP ME...
delete the threads
Old 02-26-2003, 08:19 PM
The original VQ...

wow man that sucks . Did you get your car fixed at a dealer or a private agrage , cause if it was at the dealer then take it back to them , and if it was some getto garage they could of f*cked suttin up cause a lot of them dont know what they are doin. it seems like a simple alternator problem but it could be a problem wit your fuel or some thing along that line. GOOD LUCK.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:29 PM

i dunno what the hell to do...i took it to a dealer (not nissan, this is a dealer i had good luck with previously...) and i dunno...i wouldn't think it would be the alternator and stuff, b/c i can turn my lights on, and i can play the radio, and all that stuff...and i cannot delete all my threads cuz i have AOL and this stupid server is bogging BIG TIME!!!
Old 02-26-2003, 08:46 PM

BUMP just spent 4k on accident damage...800 on clutch...WHAT NOW
Old 02-26-2003, 09:25 PM

BUMP just spent 4k on accident damage...800 on clutch...WHAT NOW
some ideas - try jump starting it, if you can jump start it and it runs for a while before it dies again it might be (1) your battery is no good and can't hold a charge (2) your alternator belt is loose or your alternator is bad and not generating enough amps and you are running the engine essentially off of your battery (3) make sure your engine is grounded (grounding from alternator to engine to battery intact) sometimes they forget to tie down all ground wires after reassembly
Old 02-26-2003, 11:03 PM

Re: Help I Just Got It Back Today And It Died Why ?

Yea so i finally got my car back today after what seemed like forever of a wait. And they replaced my clutch and i might add that they did a great job it grabs superb and feels branny new on the down side of the day, well the car was running great all day and late tonight i was taking my friend for a ride to show him whats what when it comes to a maxima anyway, i got on it in 1st and 2nd brought it till about 4500 rpm each shift. and when i went to slow down i put the clutch in and let the car coast. As it coasted i noticed that the dash flashed and all the lights that first appear like the fuel battery air bag etc lights where all illuminated so i knew right then and there that the car had stalled. Id was hard for me to believe though because i nor my friend felt the car sputter or anything it was so smooth that if the lights hadnt come on. i would not have known. Anyway my first reaction to this once i came to a stop was to try to restart the car so i gave it a minute and turned the key.. nothing it was like a clunk noise and then silence i was like ut oh did the engine seeze ? i got worried but then a friend of mine had an idea he said lets try pop starting it, so we did he and our other friend pushed my car and i let the cluch out hard in second the car sputterd almost started and then died again. I let it rest and then tried to restart it with my good old nissan key This time i had much more luck the car acutally tried to turn over but it just wouldnt start. So i tried the giving it gas trick while turning it over and nothing. Now it sits in a parking lot all nice and clean with its beautiful clear bumper lights but it wont start.. PLEASE i need to know what happend ? ANY ONE ANY IDEAS .. all thoughs are appreciated.. and id also like to know how much this will set me back if anyone knows what it is and the approx cost.. thanks.. Kyle
Check computer codes. If it even works.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Help I Just Got It Back Today And It Died Why ?

Make sure the connection to the battery is secure.