4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

GTR Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2001, 08:31 PM
Lives in a 350Z

wheres a good place to purchase these online??? i hear they add 10 hp!!

Old 01-11-2001, 04:37 AM
Master Will

there's a deal right now at http://www.groupbuycenter.com for some indiglo honda emblems. the guy is also selling gtr emblems for 8.50 plus shipping, you might wanna check it out. Thanks alot for the link Last day is Sunday for anyone else interested

Old 01-11-2001, 04:37 AM
Master Will

https://maxima.org/forums/showthread...?threadid=2549
Old 01-11-2001, 05:24 AM

putting badges on your car that are not related to it is so damn RICEY.
sorry boyz!
Old 01-11-2001, 05:28 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

I second that. Not related.

Originally posted by Trippy_D
putting badges on your car that are not related to it is so damn RICEY.
sorry boyz!
Old 01-11-2001, 05:52 AM
Lives in a 350Z

in front?

How do guys get the emblem in the front replacing the nissan one on the grill ?
Old 01-11-2001, 07:17 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm not into stickers of any of that stuff... but I think that something like putting a GTR on the front grill is cool because reminds me of the front of a skyline. this is kind of like putting a cobra on your modded mustang GT, sure its not a cobra, but who want to pay the insurance. I may be overanalyzing this, but if I put $$$ into my max, I do want it to stand out from the rest just a little...
Old 01-11-2001, 07:26 AM
CustomMax

Modding your max so it stands out is always a good thing, however, don't doit with cheap little plastic badges. Let's try to seperate ourselves from the cheap upgrades that have plagued the Honda Civic and Integra world. We drive a 4 door sedan. Whether you're into luxury or sport, we still have to keep an upscale motif because we are not driving cheap little pieces of 4 cylinder 15000 dollar cars. Save the money and buy a set of rims. I bet people notice that before a plastic GTR badge. If the rims are too expensive, clear out your lights. Change your head and fog lighting. Lower your car. Drop a CAI or exhaust in. Throw a couple TV's in the cab. Or a few sub's in the boot. You want to sticker and badge your car to death...There are a lot of people who would love to assist you at your local Honda dealership.

Old 01-11-2001, 07:31 AM

Originally posted by CustomMax
Modding your max so it stands out is always a good thing, however, don't doit with cheap little plastic badges. Let's try to seperate ourselves from the cheap upgrades that have plagued the Honda Civic and Integra world. We drive a 4 door sedan. Whether you're into luxury or sport, we still have to keep an upscale motif because we are not driving cheap little pieces of 4 cylinder 15000 dollar cars. Save the money and buy a set of rims. I bet people notice that before a plastic GTR badge. If the rims are too expensive, clear out your lights. Change your head and fog lighting. Lower your car. Drop a CAI or exhaust in. Throw a couple TV's in the cab. Or a few sub's in the boot. You want to sticker and badge your car to death...There are a lot of people who would love to assist you at your local Honda dealership.
I agree 90% you lose the other 10% by saying that clearing your tails (the way you did) is any better than a GTR badge... every neon and civic on the road does that... I guess my point is to do something subtle to the outside and not go crazy
Old 01-11-2001, 07:51 AM
CustomMax

Ok..Ok..Ok...That's fair. I understand where you are comming from and what you are saying. However, every civic, accord, prelude..etc on the road do have full cleared out tails, or those ugly Altezza lights, however, my max still has the single red strip which in my opinion not only looks good, but keeps that 'level of class'. I think the clears, the way I have them look a lot better than the ugly yellow and red outer pieces. I had the clear tailights before I even drove my car off the lot. I hated the old tailights. I could do that two tones, red and clear bit, but everyone does that, and have you seen the 99 and up civics. That is how their tailights come from the factory. All of the new civics, accords, and preludes come with their tailights like that. What suggestions do you have to 'spruce' up the tailights to your liking? Just curious. Thanks for the input.

Originally posted by theblue
Originally posted by CustomMax
I agree 90% you lose the other 10% by saying that clearing your tails (the way you did) is any better than a GTR badge... every neon and civic on the road does that... I guess my point is to do something subtle to the outside and not go crazy

Old 01-11-2001, 05:22 PM

guys the moral of the story is, FORGET THE BADGES!!
It makes our cars look cheap and unworthy ! (trying to be something we are not)
Old 01-11-2001, 05:37 PM
Master Will

good point.....BUT..............

it's YOUR CAR,YOUR MONEY,YOUR OPINION,YOUR CHOICE TO OR NO TO.................WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT IN HOW WE "STYLE" OUR CARS.....BUT WE ALL DRIVE........ MAXIMA'S,one love..
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOL

MY CAR,MY OPINION,MY MONEY,

There is not one car on this board that everyone will agree on that they like EVERYTHING about it.......WHY......
Variety,individuality,it's not like we put Ford Focus Emblems on our Nissan's,Skylines GTR's are NISSAN so we are staying in our own car manufacturer's family,
Old 01-11-2001, 07:17 PM

got them on Ebay for like $10 heres where I put it.
Old 01-11-2001, 07:18 PM
Lives in a 350Z

nismo

you just removed the nissan logo and pasted the GTR over it?.... how does the GTR fit? too long?
Old 01-11-2001, 07:24 PM

well I like mine and everything in the car. if you are going to flame me go ahead. yeah someday I'll probably wonder why I put all those neons in the car.
Old 01-11-2001, 07:27 PM

don't you feel just a little bit like a fool saying the quoted? we are having an intelegent conversation about rice and that is the moral that you pulled from it???

anyway.. as for tail light options..

I have still got mine stock and I hate them.. here are the options that I have seen and thought about...

1. all clear.. (don't even know if they can be purchased) would look good on blue, sandlewood, and white)

2. the good old red and white (good with all colors but overplayed)

3. all red (never seen this done, very VW, don't know if it would look good)

4. spray some special black paint and have them semi blacked out like fivelitrekiller has on his

5. Altezzas once they have been made... the protos make me think that maxima's are the wrong shaped car to look good

well, that's all I can think about for now.. any other options?
Old 01-11-2001, 07:50 PM

well I got took off the nissan emblem off and got the gtr one which had some tape adhesive on it which doesnt hold on too good so I took that stuff off and used some stuff called shoe goo to stick it on. the gtr will fit but you will still see the shape of the nissan one and possibly one of the holes that the nissan one left. again I dont mind that but Im keeping it on.
Old 01-11-2001, 07:55 PM

hey NISMO

hey NISMO, was your local paint shop having a 2 for 1 sale j/k I see you had them lined up, who won?
Old 01-11-2001, 08:00 PM

hehe well we didnt really race. the Benz is my uncles and it is probably faster with its v8. but again lets just say that the maxima won ok?