4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Stupid foglight bulbs!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 05:29 PM

Stupid foglight bulbs!

My foglight bulbs keep burning out and I can't figure out why! I know that some of you have had the same problem so if you can, please help me out. What can be causing this? Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:29 PM

if your fog light lense is cracked, moisture can come in and damage the bulb. atleast thats the only way i can justify going through 3 sets of bulbs in 2 weeks. after i took out the second set, there was moisture on the bulb itself.

the second reason could be because you managed to get oil somehow onto the bulb

the third reason could be because you are using a higher wattage bulb and just plain fried the harness.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:43 PM
Well I should wrap this up before I start to ramble.

Re: Stupid foglight bulbs!

Originally posted by heems27
My foglight bulbs keep burning out and I can't figure out why! I know that some of you have had the same problem so if you can, please help me out. What can be causing this? Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated.

Also Make sure you handel the bulbs right, dont touch them with your hand. if you touch them with your oily hand. it could burn in long term like month or less.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:49 PM

Thanks for the info. I checked the housing and it wasn't cracked and I've been using H3 bulbs which are the OEM replacements. I must be a total clutz and gotten some oil on the bulbs. Do you think there could be a surge in the system that causes a bulb to blow out?
Old 03-10-2003, 07:01 PM

Thanks for the info. I checked the housing and it wasn't cracked and I've been using H3 bulbs which are the OEM replacements. I must be a total clutz and gotten some oil on the bulbs. Do you think there could be a surge in the system that causes a bulb to blow out?
i doubt it. but it could be possible. it could more like a oil problem. i would say just try another set. this is what you do. go back where you bought the bulbs. get another set. come back home swap them out. and put them back in the same box and go back there and tell that, it ws not the bulbs you have electrical problem in your car and its not working. and return them. this way you save money. good luck....
Old 03-10-2003, 07:06 PM

Cool. Thanks for the advice.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:29 PM

I had the same problem with my foglights. I installed PIAA bulbs and they haven't blown on me yet.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Also check your connecter and make sure its tighly fit if not then you need to use a plier or something to clamp the connecter down a bit.Cause I got the same problem before(bulbs keep blow) and later I found that the connecter was a bit loose so I clamp it down a bit with the plier.No more blow bulb for me.What color was your burning bulb(silver or clear)?
Old 03-10-2003, 08:54 PM

Originally posted by 96_vqmax
Also check your connecter and make sure its tighly fit if not then you need to use a plier or something to clamp the connecter down a bit.Cause I got the same problem before(bulbs keep blow) and later I found that the connecter was a bit loose so I clamp it down a bit with the plier.No more blow bulb for me.What color was your burning bulb(silver or clear)?

I dont know if the connectors are loose that will cause the bulb to blow out. it would make it not to come on. but you could be right.....