4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Anybody heard of these tires????

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 05:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Anybody heard of these tires????

I found Discount tires direct and they have free shipping on all their tires. They have these tires called:

Hankook Ventus HRII H405
High performance value.
Meets or exceeds original equipment speed rating
215/55R-16 93H VSB
UTQG: 340AA

$71.00 each and that includes shipping! (that is only $284 shipped to my door for cryin out loud) Almost too good to believe, they have a "real time" advisor you can talk to kinda like instant messenger and he says he has them on him wifes Maxima (yea right, like I believe that, I was born in the dark......but not LAST NIGHT!)
anyway, anyone have any input on these? (The name absolutely SUX! it's one of those "it means really good tires" in Asian dialect, but sounds like well...........crap translated to American. (See this allot in electronics manuals) Not that it means they are bad tires.......just kinda a funny name on your sidewall, it'll probably be good for a few laughs! If I don't hear anything bad about them, I'll probably go ahead and order some....what the heck, it would only be a 284 buck mistake.....and I'll at least get SOME Good miles out of 'em

L8r
2Maximas
Old 03-20-2003, 05:36 PM
The original VQ...

put a link to the site ,but they sound ok
Old 03-20-2003, 05:47 PM

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/ it the link to the homepage, but you have to navigate to the size page and it dosent show any change in the browser address> I just looked for 97 Nissan Maxima SE and they come up with the correct size....215/55/16 and the tires in question are the first ones on the page.
Thanks
2Maximas
Old 03-20-2003, 06:35 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Check out www.epinions.com
Old 03-20-2003, 08:51 PM

Re: Anybody heard of these tires????

Originally posted by 2maximas
I found Discount tires direct and they have free shipping on all their tires. They have these tires called:

Hankook Ventus HRII H405
High performance value.
Meets or exceeds original equipment speed rating
215/55R-16 93H VSB
UTQG: 340AA

$71.00 each and that includes shipping! (that is only $284 shipped to my door for cryin out loud) Almost too good to believe, they have a "real time" advisor you can talk to kinda like instant messenger and he says he has them on him wifes Maxima (yea right, like I believe that, I was born in the dark......but not LAST NIGHT!)
anyway, anyone have any input on these? (The name absolutely SUX! it's one of those "it means really good tires" in Asian dialect, but sounds like well...........crap translated to American. (See this allot in electronics manuals) Not that it means they are bad tires.......just kinda a funny name on your sidewall, it'll probably be good for a few laughs! If I don't hear anything bad about them, I'll probably go ahead and order some....what the heck, it would only be a 284 buck mistake.....and I'll at least get SOME Good miles out of 'em

L8r
2Maximas

Bro the saying goes...I may have been born at night, but not last night. And to answer you ? I don't think you will be to happy with them. Afriend a mine put them on his accord and had them taken off 2 days later.
Try Tire Rack, I just got my Kuhmo 711's for 52 bucks each. I would like to have gotten the toyo ts-1's but for the price you just can't beat it. I've had my new tires for 3 weeks and love them. BTW the 225/50/16's look great on our cars.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:18 PM

Re: Re: Anybody heard of these tires????

I heard the 711's didn't wear well on FWD cars, I was under the impression that the 712's were the ones to get. These are 72 each at TireRack w/shipping that makes them about 330 something delivered. Why did your friend take them off? What was wrong with them? Vibration, traction???? (the Hankook's) The tread pattern looks allot like the Kumhos 712 model.................. The ratings from users that had FWD cars hated the 711's because, and I quote "With only 4000 miles on them they are wearing significantly" Most all the drivers with FWD cars complained of this at the TireRack site. How many miles do you have on your 711's?....... So I started looking at the 712's most liked them except NO snow traction, but that is not a problem for me here in the south. He11 I don't know what to buy now. I guess I'll get the Kumho 712's they are more money but I don't want a set of tires that won't last....Please let me know how many miles you have on your 711's and how you like them as far as wear. THe 711's in 225/50/16's are now 55 bucks...The 712's in 215/55/16 are 72 each...and the hankooks in 215/55/16 are about 61 each if you take the shipping off....like I said I don't know what to buy now, except to bite the bullet and get the 712's what do people think of those. I sure wish I could do a search!!!!
Thanks
2Maximas

Originally posted by tampamax

Bro the saying goes...I may have been born at night, but not last night. And to answer you ? I don't think you will be to happy with them. Afriend a mine put them on his accord and had them taken off 2 days later.
Try Tire Rack, I just got my Kuhmo 711's for 52 bucks each. I would like to have gotten the toyo ts-1's but for the price you just can't beat it. I've had my new tires for 3 weeks and love them. BTW the 225/50/16's look great on our cars.
Old 03-21-2003, 12:03 AM

Hankook tires

Hey i just bought 4 of thos hankook tires and i am pleased with them so far being on a stock wheel. I plan to update wheels the end of the year so i cant complain.
Old 03-21-2003, 06:37 AM

I know it sux, but tires are definitely one of those things that you get what you pay for. I paid $600 all together for a set of Bridgestone Turanzas 50k miles ago. The tread is starting to get too low for me so I will be getting new tires soon. They have a special compound at the low tread that keeps them sticky, quiet and good in the rain. Unbelievable for their mileage. I have heard good things about Dunlop also so I think I will try them next. The Sport A2's.
Old 03-21-2003, 10:41 AM

Re: Re: Re: Anybody heard of these tires????

Originally posted by 2maximas
I heard the 711's didn't wear well on FWD cars, I was under the impression that the 712's were the ones to get. These are 72 each at TireRack w/shipping that makes them about 330 something delivered. Why did your friend take them off? What was wrong with them? Vibration, traction???? (the Hankook's) The tread pattern looks allot like the Kumhos 712 model.................. The ratings from users that had FWD cars hated the 711's because, and I quote "With only 4000 miles on them they are wearing significantly" Most all the drivers with FWD cars complained of this at the TireRack site. How many miles do you have on your 711's?....... So I started looking at the 712's most liked them except NO snow traction, but that is not a problem for me here in the south. He11 I don't know what to buy now. I guess I'll get the Kumho 712's they are more money but I don't want a set of tires that won't last....Please let me know how many miles you have on your 711's and how you like them as far as wear. THe 711's in 225/50/16's are now 55 bucks...The 712's in 215/55/16 are 72 each...and the hankooks in 215/55/16 are about 61 each if you take the shipping off....like I said I don't know what to buy now, except to bite the bullet and get the 712's what do people think of those. I sure wish I could do a search!!!!
Thanks
2Maximas

He had them taken off because either one or two of the tires were out of round, go figure? However that is extremely rare and it may have had more to do with the crapy service at the shop as to why he didn't just have replacements put on.
Don't know bout the wear problem of the 711's,but i'm very pleased for spending what i did to get what i got. To me they are worth more than the 50-55 bucks.
I went through the same delima you are going through right now and it is a biatch! My opinion is if you are concerned about the 711's then it will be well worth the extra 11 bucks for the 712's over the hankooks. I may be wrong but I 'think' the kuhmo's have better tread wear.