4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Civic Sleeper...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2001, 10:25 PM

Man, earlier tonight I was just cruising down the highway watching Scarface on my new monitor my girl bought me and this old white '95 civic coupe starts doing the same speed right next to me. He started driving in my blindspot and I figured "I guess he's just checking out the movie.", but when I purposely let off the gas, he did also, so then I gave it a little gas, and he did the same. So I'm like "What the f*ck?!". I guess he really wanted to see what I had under the hood, funny, there's nothing there except a K&N intake. I noticed his car was dropped, and I also noticed a 4" tip muffler, a rear sway bar, no special hyper whites, clear corners, and no other usual Civic cosmetic mods. I figured if I put it to the floor he won't keep up. I was wrong. I floored it at 65 and around 90 he started passing me and by the time we hit 110 he was like 3 car lengths. I was like "Man, what the f*ck was that?!" I felt dumb. I guess he had a turbo because his car pulled like it had a V8. I don't race too often in my car because its an auto, but I thought I can take most of the Civics around here.
Old 01-22-2001, 12:14 AM

maybe he had a swap..b16 or b18..but he had turbo..
yikez...

those little things do pick up lots of speed on the freeway..especially when they got dohc vtec...

Old 01-22-2001, 03:48 AM

Originally posted by BenBlanco218
I noticed his car was dropped, and I also noticed a 4" tip muffler, a rear sway bar,
heh thats not sleeper you should see some of the cars around here no mods at all on the out side stock exhaust, no drop all under the hood junk like a new engine there is a whole group of em
Old 01-22-2001, 04:41 AM
vapors smx

We had an incident much like yesterday. An early model 5-spd civic hatchback with a drop and exhaust as well as several gauges pulled next to us at the light. We started some small talk regarding racing. Light turns green we both go hard. We shut it down at 110. He was only behind by one car length. We thought we would kill him better then that. It turns out he had a b16 swap and some other things(wouldnt elaborate) done to his car. He was cool and we bid our farewell.

The funniest thing though was at the next light after the race, there was this yellow bug sitting there. Light turns green and we here a roar(hehe) as this guys buries it. We were like WTF and floor it also. Killed him by after giving him a 5 car lead by the time we caught up and passed him. Never in my life did I think a bug would show the muscle LOL.