4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Damn!!! I hit a tree!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 05:55 PM

Damn!!! I hit a tree!!!

What's up. Last Saturdy I was driving home from the barber shop headed towards 83 in Baltimore City when I heard this loud thumping noise coming from some of the cars ahead of me. I slowed down to make sure it wasn't a noise from my car and started looking around when I noticed that the suv in front of me had just hit this tree branch REAL hard that was hanging out of this tree. EMERGENCY!!!! What am I gonna do??! The branch was like twelve feet long and not only was it hanging into the lane but it was also was also at least four feet of it on the ground. I looked into my side mirror; four cars next to me. Next the rearview: an ugly a$$ taurus so close I can't even see his headlights. On the right was the curb and some forest. I couldn't hit the branch head on because that would hit the hood and then the windshield,sunroof and everything else so I decided to throw on my flasher and side swipe it figuring that would cause the least amount of damage. I rolled over the branch and the part that was hanging from the tree hit my right front fender and knocked the $h** out of the mirror. Of course I pulled over as soon as it was safe to survey the damage. There's a group of scratches on the top half of the right fender and some dark black 1" scratches on the mirror. Any suggestions on how to remove the scratches???
Old 09-01-2003, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by baltimax
What's up. Last Saturdy I was driving home from the barber shop headed towards 83 in Baltimore City when I heard this loud thumping noise coming from some of the cars ahead of me. I slowed down to make sure it wasn't a noise from my car and started looking around when I noticed that the suv in front of me had just hit this tree branch REAL hard that was hanging out of this tree. EMERGENCY!!!! What am I gonna do??! The branch was like twelve feet long and not only was it hanging into the lane but it was also was also at least four feet of it on the ground. I looked into my side mirror; four cars next to me. Next the rearview: an ugly a$$ taurus so close I can't even see his headlights. On the right was the curb and some forest. I couldn't hit the branch head on because that would hit the hood and then the windshield,sunroof and everything else so I decided to throw on my flasher and side swipe it figuring that would cause the least amount of damage. I rolled over the branch and the part that was hanging from the tree hit my right front fender and knocked the $h** out of the mirror. Of course I pulled over as soon as it was safe to survey the damage. There's a group of scratches on the top half of the right fender and some dark black 1" scratches on the mirror. Any suggestions on how to remove the scratches???
I was expecting when the post said you hit a tree, i figured you HIT a tree....so thats good news for you. I work at a dealership that has a body shop, so I have some tips for scratch removal. First, try using color cure wax made by turtle wax...get whatever color that describes yours best. If this doesnt cover them, try to find a solution made by meguiars called "mirror glaze 83" It is rare and I purchased mine from a distributor, but it works freakin miracles. Hope those two are of some help
Old 09-01-2003, 08:48 PM

sorry to hear that man, give paintscratch.com a try, or if you want, you can try some rubbing compound
Old 09-01-2003, 08:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

rub with toothpaste and wax immediately
Old 09-01-2003, 09:00 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Have a pro look at it. Maybe buff it, maybe some compund, maybe sand and paint.
Old 09-02-2003, 01:34 PM
Kevlo for President

sorry to hear, rubbing compound should take it out