4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Sylvania Silverstars and what else?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 03:24 PM

Sylvania Silverstars and what else?

I put Sylvania Silverstars in my car, and the color is beauuutiful. There is just one problem: I can't figure out a good looking bulb configuration for front end to look nice and clean. I have DC clear corners as well. Now, I have a no-name brand of those blue bulbs in the parking lights, halogen blubs with a blue coating (to look whitish) in my side markers, and amber bulbs in my turn signals. It looks OK, but ti doesnt match up as well as I would like it. If somone could reccomend a good looking bulb setup to go with my Silverstars, that would be great.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:00 PM

I just

Originally Posted by proguitar04
I put Sylvania Silverstars in my car, and the color is beauuutiful. There is just one problem: I can't figure out a good looking bulb configuration for front end to look nice and clean. I have DC clear corners as well. Now, I have a no-name brand of those blue bulbs in the parking lights, halogen blubs with a blue coating (to look whitish) in my side markers, and amber bulbs in my turn signals. It looks OK, but ti doesnt match up as well as I would like it. If somone could reccomend a good looking bulb setup to go with my Silverstars, that would be great.
I just got the Silverstars too and would also welcome a good bulb setup. Thanks,
Old 10-20-2003, 04:43 PM

they sell these $9 light bulbs at pep boys. They make my headlights look clean, I also have the silverstars, as far as the clearcorners, custommax.com has them.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:59 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I had the silverstars also... the best match is make sure u do the rewire mod on the corners and get the PIAA bulbs... they are basically superwhite and match really good wit the front... also the PIAA clear corners will do okay also... it's not the best match.. but it looks really good to me from most of the views...
Old 10-20-2003, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by NISMOMAXMAN
they sell these $9 light bulbs at pep boys. They make my headlights look clean, I also have the silverstars, as far as the clearcorners, custommax.com has them.
OK, good for you, but what are the name of the 9$ pep boys bulbs?
Old 10-20-2003, 07:51 PM
ivelweyz

Just make sure you have the stock yellow bulbs in the car for when it starts raining. Like most aftermarket bulbs, mostly white, the visibility in the rain is so damn poor. I have a set of ebay bulbs and they look just as good as silverstars and cost $15, wanted sylvanias too but everyone said they sucked...

Old 10-20-2003, 07:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

check out my home page. silverstars plus all amber.. plus yellow fogs..I like it. or jsut click on the link in my sig..

silverstars
narva rally gold h3
regular 3 dollar sylvana amber 1156 and 1557 bulbs from pep boys.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:16 PM

i have the silverstars too and i kept orange in the upper corner light and the outside dc bumper then i have polarg bulbs for the blinkers oh and the orange in the corners are reversed
Old 10-20-2003, 11:12 PM

I'll get back on those $9 bulbs, let me look in the garbage for the box.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:18 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Silverstars were perhaps the worst bulb I ever used in my car. Absolutely no visibility in the rain or on very dark freshly paved roads.

Looking at those lights, the color is awsome, but the light never quite makes it to the ground where you need it most!
Old 10-21-2003, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by njmaxseltd
Silverstars were perhaps the worst bulb I ever used in my car. Absolutely no visibility in the rain or on very dark freshly paved roads.

Looking at those lights, the color is awsome, but the light never quite makes it to the ground where you need it most!
I just bought a pair of the silverstars and they worked perfect..i think you have to have your headlights adjusted..
Old 10-21-2003, 03:41 PM
ivelweyz

No he's telling the truth. Go driving with them in the rain. There is ZERO reflection on the road. You can't see the light 2 feet in front of the car...

Old 10-21-2003, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by njmaxseltd

What you using?
Old 10-22-2003, 06:40 PM

You do NOT need to reaim your headlights if you pop in a set of Silverstars.

I got HIDs now, so my Silverstars are sitting in my garage.

Bottom line is, in the rain or on freshly paved asphalt roads, the light reflection is poor on the street, regardless of the type of light you use. Silverstars are a bit worse.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Silverstars look good appearance wise. But when they need to get on the pavement, they don't give that bright, clear, defined if not crisp alumination. Besides they last for only about a year + couple months as advised on the packages. They should last longer due to their normal watt rating. Went back to XtraVision bulbs, they are much brighter and crispier with a bit of yellow tint. No big deal. I want the vision not the appearance! If you want the vision + appearance, go with something else not SilverStars.
Old 10-23-2003, 11:37 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

The Silverstars look cool, but their performance is WEAK!!!! I yanked mine within 2 days of use because the light output was so bad that I believed it was a safety issue. I have the Cool Blues back in and I swear the light output is 3X greater than the Silverstars.

Dave
Old 10-23-2003, 01:17 PM

OK, so the silverstars arent so great for vision. Is anyoen using a blub that still has that crisp white color, with better vision?
Old 10-23-2003, 09:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

u cant get better vision in rain with whiter bulbs.. its impossible..thats why real fogs ligths are yellow..for better visibility.!! higher the temp color of lights = less light output(lumans) given same amount of wattage..unless you got HID's thats a different story..

ohh and i jsut got my infinity basslink in today.. installing on sunday.ill tell you how it sounds if you care..its it really as small as they advertise it.. i can still fit my snowboard in my trunk...yesss!! jsut hope it soudns as nice as infiniti claims too.
Old 10-23-2003, 10:48 PM
be the change u want2C

I got PIAA Crystal Whites, There Pure white, Look so nice, Also I got rewired Amber Bulbs on the side, White Turn signals with Clear Bumpers, and the little bulb that goes on the other side of the bumper is red. When it goes thru the Diamond part of the clear bumpers it makes it look gold like my car, It Pimp!!!
Old 10-24-2003, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Max Noob
u cant get better vision in rain with whiter bulbs.. its impossible..thats why real fogs ligths are yellow..for better visibility.!! higher the temp color of lights = less light output(lumans) given same amount of wattage..unless you got HID's thats a different story..

ohh and i jsut got my infinity basslink in today.. installing on sunday.ill tell you how it sounds if you care..its it really as small as they advertise it.. i can still fit my snowboard in my trunk...yesss!! jsut hope it soudns as nice as infiniti claims too.

HEY!!! Definately put up a post or message me to tell me how the basslink sounds in the max. I wanna get one but i dont know anyone that has it. PLEASE tell me how it sounds!!