4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Renewing the undercoating

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 11:15 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Renewing the undercoating

Put the Max up on the lift last night and went over the entire undercarraige with a fresh coat of Wurth High Build Rubberized Undercoating. I noticed road noise slightly decreased, especially in the rear end.

Most of the original undercoating was still in good shape. There were a few places in the rear of the car that were not coated from the factory. Right over the rear beam was bare as well as a few spots on the rear frame rails.

Winter is coming, lets not forget to give the undercarraige some attention.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:47 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

No salt down here
Old 10-29-2003, 02:14 PM

that is what the touchless carwash's with the undercarriage option are for........

Old 10-29-2003, 02:19 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by LastBoyScout
that is what the touchless carwash's with the undercarriage option are for........

touchless car washes don't do jack for the undercarriage

by the way, like the new maxima.org brakes
Old 10-29-2003, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by NookieMax
touchless car washes don't do jack for the undercarriage

by the way, like the new maxima.org brakes

STFU n00b. Have you never seen the touchless carwashes with the undercarriage option? We have them here in TN......atleast in my home town. I have been under my car on a before and after, and we use them to get the dried mud off of my friends jeep after we go mudding. So before you start talking trash and being an 4$$#0L3.....why dont you read people's post carefully, and admit that you might not know everything out there.

Now go read the FAQ's or something
Old 10-29-2003, 03:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

some of you people have sticks shoved way too far up your asses sideways.

relax...
Old 10-29-2003, 07:07 PM
Banned

STFU n00b. Have you never seen the touchless carwashes with the undercarriage option? We have them here in TN......atleast in my home town. I have been under my car on a before and after, and we use them to get the dried mud off of my friends jeep after we go mudding. So before you start talking trash and being an 4$$#0L3.....why dont you read people's post carefully, and admit that you might not know everything out there.

wow your cool. its easy to flame an insult isn't it. the internet is kinda like life. think before you speak or you may say something stupid. the 'n00b' was referring to the usefullness of an underbody wash in relation to keeping the underbody in good condition. all the car wash does is use hi pressure water and blasts your undercarriage. gets rid of dirt etc. it doesn't do a thing to extend the life of them. and if you pay money to have water sprayed under your car...well you have more then me to throw around. why are you so angry? just got **** blocked or something??? =]

njmaxseltd- cool i might think about doing that as well...got any pics of a before and after or maybe just an after?
Old 10-29-2003, 08:59 PM

Dude u r a c.o.c.k. biter. No point in giving this guy a ration of s.h.i.t. burger just because he doesn't agree with you.

Just maybe he is right and you are wrong or he is wrong and you are right. Does it really f.u.c.k.i.n.g matter?

All an undercarriage spray does is ...guess what...sprays off the undercarriage with high pressure spray.
It can't really be compared with puttign undercoating on the car. Undercoating protects the underside of the car.

Sorry for the basic logic lesson but it seemed you were in need.

Big Cracker
Old 10-29-2003, 09:15 PM

Just had my Ziebart inspection done 2 weekends ago. Don't forget to spray the wheel well area, they wear out quickly.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:39 PM
be the change u want2C

Hey do they make that stuff colored? It would be cool if you can spray it the same color, or get some glow in the dark stuff.

yee presented by Yee.Yee.Yee.Yee.Yee.Yee.Yee....etc.etc
Old 10-29-2003, 10:57 PM

tom,

I actually have been thinking to do this in the past two years. You are right, there are spots where the undercarriage coating has peeled off...but not anything major.

I have a can of those rubberized thing......but what's the difference between this and taking the car to a Ziebart?

And, what do you need to "prep" the surface? Would you elaborate a little more on your "how to"?

Thank you!

Originally Posted by njmaxseltd
Put the Max up on the lift last night and went over the entire undercarraige with a fresh coat of Wurth High Build Rubberized Undercoating. I noticed road noise slightly decreased, especially in the rear end.

Most of the original undercoating was still in good shape. There were a few places in the rear of the car that were not coated from the factory. Right over the rear beam was bare as well as a few spots on the rear frame rails.

Winter is coming, lets not forget to give the undercarraige some attention.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by ardika
tom,

I actually have been thinking to do this in the past two years. You are right, there are spots where the undercarriage coating has peeled off...but not anything major.

I have a can of those rubberized thing......but what's the difference between this and taking the car to a Ziebart?

And, what do you need to "prep" the surface? Would you elaborate a little more on your "how to"?

Thank you!
The stuff you baught will do just fine. You may need one or two more cans, I used 4 cans on my car. To prep the car, basically all I did was hose off the undercarraige really well and let the car dry for several hours.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:53 AM

seems alot of people didnt like my reply back. Well that is your right. I take care of my car. I have a good undercoat left on the underside of my car. Just a little love and the use of a touchless car wash undercarriage washing is all i need to keep it in good shape. Then some new guy comes in here and says that it does nothing for your car. Lets review here. Why does the undercarriage have to be recoated every so often. Because of harse abrasives like salt, rocks, mud, and other things. A once a week washing helps to prolong the life of the coating, thus helping it.

I apologize for coming off to harsh on the n00bie, and in general making myself appear to be a d1¢k and in turn giving other .org members a bad name.

Just having a rough day yesterday, and his ill logic just set me off.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:30 AM
Banned

fair enough =] btw LBS your car is pimp!
Old 10-30-2003, 07:51 AM

seems alot of people didnt like my reply back. Well that is your right. I take care of my car. I have a good undercoat left on the underside of my car. Just a little love and the use of a touchless car wash undercarriage washing is all i need to keep it in good shape. Then some new guy comes in here and says that it does nothing for your car. Lets review here. Why does the undercarriage have to be recoated every so often. Because of harse abrasives like salt, rocks, mud, and other things. A once a week washing helps to prolong the life of the coating, thus helping it.

I apologize for coming off to harsh on the n00bie, and in general making myself appear to be a d1¢k and in turn giving other .org members a bad name.

Just having a rough day yesterday, and his ill logic just set me off.
funny but you are a noob yourself....
Old 10-30-2003, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Kashoggio
funny but you are a noob yourself....
Come on guys you have both been here less than 5 months, give it up and if you have a bad day, take it out on someone who can defend their self like a gas station attendant or maybe a kid in a riced out civic that pulls up to you and revvvs.

Tom, car should be back to me friday.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:15 AM

OMG. have you people ever heard of tolerance and patience? This site is getting worse and worse everyday(been a member off and on for a couple years) concerning shiet talking, huge flaming egos, and " I am the GOD of maxima knowledge" self righteous syndrome.

It's easier to relax and realize that the purpose of this site is to share info, help another member, and share experiences good and bad. Not to talk shiet and try to look cool
Old 10-30-2003, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by CullenJ76
OMG. have you people ever heard of tolerance and patience? This site is getting worse and worse everyday(been a member off and on for a couple years) concerning shiet talking, huge flaming egos, and " I am the GOD of maxima knowledge" self righteous syndrome.

It's easier to relax and realize that the purpose of this site is to share info, help another member, and share experiences good and bad. Not to talk shiet and try to look cool

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People, we all have the same cars, and we are here to help eachother, not show whos peter is bigger. Dont hate, appreciate. If this forum was closed down tomorrow, we would all be lost.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by maximagtr420
RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People, we all have the same cars, and we are here to help eachother, not show whos peter is bigger. Dont hate, appreciate. If this forum was closed down tomorrow, we would all be lost.
everyone was a at one time
Old 10-30-2003, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by maximagtr420
Tom, car should be back to me friday.
Good deal!!

I called ya this morning, the only rebuilt units I came up with that had a warranty were auto's.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:41 AM

Tom,

Thanks for your reply. I imagine for a job like this, you will need:
1. A nice dry, concrete coated garage with heat (checked)
2. 4 lift post....so that you could take off your wheels (uh-oh)
3. Patience tin removing things like RSB and all (.......)
4. Nice lights so that you could see what you are spraying to...

....perhaps it's just better for me to go to your shop. I live in Milwaukee, but I do make some occasional trips to Jeff's shop at Long Island (Maximum Tuning).

Might as well stop by at yours when the time comes.....

Armand

Originally Posted by njmaxseltd
The stuff you baught will do just fine. You may need one or two more cans, I used 4 cans on my car. To prep the car, basically all I did was hose off the undercarraige really well and let the car dry for several hours.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:45 PM

wow.....i apologized, and it was like no one even read it.......

again....i apologize