4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

wtf are some of you complaining about

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2001, 08:44 PM

ok, this is not to anyone is specific, but for the last few weeks i have been reading something in threads that has been ticking me off. its the fact that when somebody asks for help, people tell them "do a search, this has been discussed." first of all the stupid search on this site sucks, when you need important info you can't seem to find it at all. its a lot easier to post a question and have somebody answer it. there are many people like myself who come to this site for help, if you don't want to help, dont, nobody give a flying f**k, but please don't make wise comments. take care. i still love maxima.org. PeAcE.
Old 02-22-2001, 08:48 PM

simmadown.. lol- this is true
Old 02-22-2001, 08:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If you did a search,

you whould have seen this topic has allready been discused.
Old 02-22-2001, 08:54 PM

I am not taking sides but this is true also
Old 02-22-2001, 08:57 PM
dot dot dot ...

I gotta agree with emax...........
Old 02-22-2001, 09:38 PM

Re: If you did a search,

Doesn't the irony just kill you Riggy?

Originally posted by emax95
If you did a search, you whould have seen this topic has allready been discused.
Old 02-22-2001, 09:48 PM

Please tell me

Originally posted by G-ride95Max
lol
I,m 32 years old and fairly new to computer lingo. What does "lol" stand for?
Old 02-22-2001, 09:57 PM

lol = laugh out loud

There's a website... out there... somewhere... where it tells you all the Internet abbreviations.
Old 02-22-2001, 09:59 PM

LOL !!

Originally posted by dch95
lol
I,m 32 years old and fairly new to computer lingo. What does "lol" stand for?
Heres a bunch,
LOL= Laughing out loud
BTW= By the way,
WOT= Wide open Throttle,
TIA=Thanks in advance
IMO= In my opinion,
IMHO=In my honest opinion,
STFU= Shut the **** up,
WTF= What the.......... you get the idea
Old 02-22-2001, 10:01 PM

lol

edited because poster can't control himself.

John

[Edited by Shingles on 02-23-2001 at 06:39 AM]
Old 02-23-2001, 04:38 AM
The missing moderator

Originally posted by riggy
ok, this is not to anyone is specific, but for the last few weeks i have been reading something in threads that has been ticking me off. its the fact that when somebody asks for help, people tell them "do a search, this has been discussed." first of all the stupid search on this site sucks, when you need important info you can't seem to find it at all. its a lot easier to post a question and have somebody answer it. there are many people like myself who come to this site for help, if you don't want to help, dont, nobody give a flying f**k, but please don't make wise comments. take care. i still love maxima.org. PeAcE.
maybe you don't know how to use the search? It's easy to find things using the search... what do you want? headlights? type in "headlights", "PIAA", "Philips Blue Vision"...

want to know about NOS? type in NOS...

stop *****ing because people are asking you to do more work... it REALLY is that simple.
Old 02-23-2001, 06:06 AM

Re: LOL !!

Originally posted by emax95
lol
Heres a bunch,
LOL= Laughing out loud
BTW= By the way,
WOT= Wide open Throttle,
TIA=Thanks in advance
IMO= In my opinion,
IMHO=In my honest opinion,
STFU= Shut the **** up,
WTF= What the.......... you get the idea
Whew!!!! I thought it stood for lots of love!! That would have been a little queery! Thanks!
Old 02-23-2001, 06:20 AM

Who cares!!! You guys take this board way too seriously. If someone has a question let them ask. Maybe they don't know about the search and maybe the search doesn't answer the specific question the person is trying to ask. Stop crying and just help people out
Old 02-23-2001, 07:25 AM

well

always try and search for it first, if you cant find it, post the question again but be sure to state "I tried searching but I couldnt find a direct answer, so i'll ask again" that will prevent people telling you to "go search" and most people will try to help you out. Take care -Nine
Old 02-23-2001, 08:40 AM

Originally posted by riggy
This forum is, first and foremost, an information exchange. Nobody is forced to answer a question. Answers are given out of friendship and good will, not because of any obligation.

In a face-to-face converstation there are some standards, some rules of etiquette. There are also some standards which apply to electronic conversations. Making this forum work well is a shared responsibility.

The people who ask questions deserve to have their concerns taken seriously and answered honestly. The people who answer questions deserve to feel that their time isn't being wasted.

Sometimes the person with the questions has an Owner's Manual but is just too lazy to read it. Sometimes the person knows about the site search engine and is just too lazy to use it. That kind of person deserves a gentle reproach. He shouldn't be the target of snotty remarks, but he does deserve a word of correction.

The search engine could be improved and maybe, someday, it will be. In the meantime you should remember that as a forum user you are getting something for nothing. It behooves you to express more gratitude and less negativism about what this forum gives you for free.
Old 02-23-2001, 09:02 AM
I'm needing a caw

Excuse me but ah....errrr....hmmm.......$20!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2001, 09:09 AM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Excuse me but ah....errrr....hmmm.......$20!!!!!!!!!!!!
$20? This is the first I've heard about that. If this site becomes for-fee, then I'm gone.
Old 02-23-2001, 09:22 AM
BlkCat

Searching and Searching...

I totally agree with Daniel B. Martin's take on this subject. We're all Maxima buddies in here and that's why I like signing in here every weekday while at the office. I can easily fly off the handle as the next guy but why drive off other enthusiasts? If I know the answer I just treat the poster as a newbie and say..."Here's the thread/webpage, etc".
Like if you are ticked off with the same, recurring question, just move on. If you do reply then just be polite and point them to use the search. Simple as that, no more, no less. Treat others as how you would like to be treated.
Highlighting the search engine at the top of the screen is the best solution because it doesn't catch your eyes.

Old 02-23-2001, 06:56 PM

Originally posted by 98maxse
Who cares!!! You guys take this board way too seriously. If someone has a question let them ask. Maybe they don't know about the search and maybe the search doesn't answer the specific question the person is trying to ask. Stop crying and just help people out
i agree. i mean com'on...this is the internet, it would be stupid to take every lil thing seriously. If you don't feel like answering, then don't. And by the way, i think it's totally uncool for moderators to edit other ppl's post. ppl have the right to say wat they want and others have the right to read. i've been on ALOT of boards and i've never seen mods edit other ppl's posts. Also sometimes i see posts being locked with out any reason given, wat's up with that? Maybe we will be better off without mods anyway, just like the old days (no offense).
Old 02-23-2001, 08:46 PM

what the f u c k?

edited because poster can't control himself.

John

[Edited by Shingles on 02-23-2001 at 06:39 AM]

That is not right. It supposed be "Lesbian On Lesbian" for lol.

John
Old 02-24-2001, 09:37 AM

U bunch of girls!!!!

Maybe some of you are? If so, continue......your acting perfectly normal!!!

Heres another abreviation. "W. F. C." its my new wrestling league. Stands for "Who Gives a F**k" if you can't figure it out.
Old 02-24-2001, 09:41 AM

Re: U bunch of girls!!!!

I mean "Who F***ing Cares" yah thats it!! Take that.
Old 02-24-2001, 10:54 AM

Originally posted by CharlieNewbieMax
Originally posted by 98maxse
i agree. i mean com'on...this is the internet, it would be stupid to take every lil thing seriously. If you don't feel like answering, then don't. And by the way, i think it's totally uncool for moderators to edit other ppl's post. ppl have the right to say wat they want and others have the right to read. i've been on ALOT of boards and i've never seen mods edit other ppl's posts. Also sometimes i see posts being locked with out any reason given, wat's up with that? Maybe we will be better off without mods anyway, just like the old days (no offense).
so then i guess most ppl agree, if you dont want to answer a question, just dont worry about it. somone else may. take care.