4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

My HID installation F'd up my Tranny?!!! *really long*

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 10:18 AM
Pizda Boy

Well, didn't even get a chance to get my lawyer involved. My friend that works in that shop doing body work, just told the guy that I'm really ****ed off and I'm getting a lawyer. The shop owner called me right away apologizing and promising that this will be fixed and resolved this week. If they can't do anything with this tranny this week, they'll put in a used one that I will approve. The car just got towed from my driveway and they are promising to make me happy. I am giving them the last chance, let's see what happens. . .
To be continued..........
Old 12-01-2003, 02:35 PM
My heroine

Originally Posted by MaxedOutOfCash
Well, didn't even get a chance to get my lawyer involved. My friend that works in that shop doing body work, just told the guy that I'm really ****ed off and I'm getting a lawyer. The shop owner called me right away apologizing and promising that this will be fixed and resolved this week. If they can't do anything with this tranny this week, they'll put in a used one that I will approve. The car just got towed from my driveway and they are promising to make me happy. I am giving them the last chance, let's see what happens. . .

ehh.. good luck with it.. hopefully they fix it soon, and right finally
Old 12-01-2003, 02:44 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

wow this just keep going back and forth huh, i hope they just get you a different tranny cause this one seems shot.

Good luck
Old 12-01-2003, 03:38 PM
living out of a maxima...

tell them to put in a 5spd
Old 12-05-2003, 06:11 AM
Pizda Boy

OK, it's been a week since they had the car...still sitting in the same spot bunch of tranny oil underneath....I went there this morning took pictures, rented a car, and I'm calling my lawyer in a few minutes.....I don't even want them to mess with this tranny anymore....I'm gonna fight for a new one....I have a feeling I won't have my car for a while now....but the rented TrailBlazer is gonna do for now (plus snow is heading our way ) . . . What do you guys think my chances are of getting a new tranny out of them??? It's the 4th time they've been fixing this one....
Old 12-05-2003, 09:06 AM
Pizda Boy

Talked to my lawyer and he's starting a small case against them for $5,400.00
$2,536 for a new tranny (dealership)
$650 for labor (dealership)
$2,200 for the money that they got originally to fix the tranny...

We should be in front of the Judge in about 30 days. He's not charging me anything for it because I have another case going on with him (which is good).

I just want my car fixed and be driveable but if I ever get this money like he says. . . 5-speed conversion and booooost.
Old 12-05-2003, 04:39 PM
My heroine

Talked to my lawyer and he's starting a small case against them for $5,400.00
$2,536 for a new tranny (dealership)
$650 for labor (dealership)
$2,200 for the money that they got originally to fix the tranny...

We should be in front of the Judge in about 30 days. He's not charging me anything for it because I have another case going on with him (which is good).

I just want my car fixed and be driveable but if I ever get this money like he says. . . 5-speed conversion and booooost.

I hope you get the money, and yeah, screw getting your car fixed there

how you gonna get boost and 5-speed conversion with 5400 though??.. mebbe one or the other..

anyway, good luck with it

wJ
Old 12-26-2003, 07:55 AM
Pizda Boy

A LITTLE UPDATE

I sued the bastards and they got really scared. . . spent over a week on the phone with them. . .
The verdict: I dropped the case because they gave me a brand new transmission, straight from the dealership. . . (it's not technically brand new because nissan doesn't make brand new auto transmissions, but it's what they call a "factory rebuilt" basically they use brand new parts and change everything) It cost $2,100.00 and now the car runs great. . .
I fought with them for over a year and once I started a case against them, the problem was resolved in a couple of weeks. . .

My life lesson: Anytime I have a problem like that in the future, I will not take any BS like I did from these people. . . SUE SUE SUE. . . that's the only way to get it your way.

Now I'm hoping to finally get around to putting the projectors in. . . I've planned it like 4 months ago and didn't have the car for most of the time.....maybe this weekend.....

Sam
Old 12-26-2003, 08:14 AM
Tha Snatcher

Congrats Sam.