4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

got keyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 09:28 AM

got keyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

about a week ago i washed the car finally (havent since august) so u know it was over due, i went the xxxtra mile to make sure she shined and later that nite i went out. I came home (4am) noticed a white mark thought maybe bird crap. (i was tipsy) i followed it and some **** keyed it. The entire driver side, both bumpers and hood. Worse yet i think they used something sharper its down to the metal in some areas. $2560. and thats not even to paint the whole car! i'll get pix soon. but doesnt that @ss know that's what insurance is for.. didn't cost me a penny. Not even a deductable. but for an extra $178 the whole car is getting painted and taking out all the dings and dents.

p.s. i know who did it. he'll get his >=)
Old 11-26-2003, 09:33 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

ouch sorry to hear! paint your car another color atleast you wont have any dings now..
Old 11-26-2003, 09:44 AM

Dam$. At least you'll get a new paint job!
Old 11-26-2003, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Capital15
Dam$. At least you'll get a new paint job!
i also need a new paintjob...

Old 11-26-2003, 11:26 AM

Getting your car keyed sucks big time. Back when I had my Civic I caught this d!ck head in the act keying my car. Me and my friend chased his *** down and beat him up real bad. I mean...bad. Someone called the police and when they showed up they had to pull me and my friend off of him. I got cuffed and thrown in the police car until everything was straightened out. I was let off the hook and I was feeling pretty good. We broke a few teeth, and cracked a rib. Not to mention the bruises etc. You may think it is harsh what we did but he deserved all he got. BTW he had done the passenger side and when we caught him he was working on the drivers side.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:36 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Wow. If I ever found something like that on my car, there would be some serious trouble.

Originally Posted by kingpin4
i also need a new paintjob...

Old 11-26-2003, 06:38 PM

Dam%!!! X girl maybe???
Old 11-26-2003, 08:22 PM

dude sorry to hear that happened to you.i went through it to.mine got keyed the first week i bought the car.its really upsettingat first but know i think it shows charcter.
Old 11-27-2003, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by JeremyMarkham
Getting your car keyed sucks big time. Back when I had my Civic I caught this d!ck head in the act keying my car. Me and my friend chased his *** down and beat him up real bad. I mean...bad. Someone called the police and when they showed up they had to pull me and my friend off of him. I got cuffed and thrown in the police car until everything was straightened out. I was let off the hook and I was feeling pretty good. We broke a few teeth, and cracked a rib. Not to mention the bruises etc. You may think it is harsh what we did but he deserved all he got. BTW he had done the passenger side and when we caught him he was working on the drivers side.
Good man, jeremy.......I would have wrecked havoc on his as well........dont blame you. I understand totally. we work hard for what we have, and I'll be damned if some low life POS is going to destroy my car. That just calls for pain for him. Lucky for you that you and your pal caught him......gee, he wasnt so tough from keying your car when he was high tailing it from you. Hope you got him REAL good.
Old 11-27-2003, 11:17 AM

Thanks, its nice to get some props on that situation. I got some real heat from people when they heard what we did to him. But I agree with what you said. I had worked real hard on that car and put a lot of time, work and MONEY into it. No way was I going to give him a slap on the wrist and say good day. When I caught him he didnt know at first that I was the owner. I kind of stood there and looked at him as he shot me back a blank stare. It finally sank in that I was the owner and he boned out. I ran track and field and cross country in high school. No way he was going to outrun me and my bud. I ran into the sh!thead back in Sept. @ UCLA and he turned around and walked the other way. Still had some scars left over from the beating we gave him... Whoa! This post got long.
Old 11-27-2003, 11:28 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

glad to see you got at him, i had this same problem, well sorta, fisrt night my friends vlave stems got jacked so he got really nice ones, second night mine got jacked ( they were 20 bux), third night nothing, fifth night, mine were jacked again and my friends car had all deflated tires. Next day we both put signs in our cars warning these people. I sat out that night with my bb gun(.22 1000fps rifle) and waited for the fockers. they didnt come again. guess the signs were enough of a warning, but i sat out just to back those signs up. i would have popped them in the **** a few times then me and my friend would have chased them down as you did. props for laying down the law
Old 11-27-2003, 11:48 AM

Good stuff bro. I have a blow-back (new blue-gas operated, imported from Japan) Beretta airsoft gun that I have with me. In my neighborhood recently, cars have been getting broken into and also stolen. If I catch anyone messing with my car I wont hesitate to unload a whole clip in thier ***. Let me tell you, these things hurt A LOT! 8 in someone will knock em down for sure. Then I can use my bat and finish the job. Damn scum...
Old 11-27-2003, 12:23 PM

some *** hole did a WASSSAPPPP on my roof.. not too bad so i guess i have no choice but to deal with it.. the dirtier your car is the less the bums mess with it.
Old 11-27-2003, 01:14 PM

While you guys are complaining about getting keyed, i need to get mine keyed so i can get a paint job.... and i do need a paint job......
Old 11-27-2003, 01:29 PM

You need full coverage to get the insurance company to cover vandalism dont you?
Old 11-27-2003, 01:36 PM

You need full coverage to get the insurance company to cover vandalism dont you?

yes, full coverage would be a requirement.... making sure there is a provision in your policy for valdalism.....
Old 11-27-2003, 02:10 PM

My friend told me that you can have liability insurance and add vandalism coverage...is that true?
Old 11-27-2003, 02:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I used to live in the UCLA area too. I had the same exact problem about a year ago and posted on this forum. The only difference with my situation was that I had to stake-out my car from my balcony to confirm it was my neighbor doing this sh#t. Apparently he was still ****ed off from the time when I towed his car because he kept parking in my spot. I asked him several times not to do this. Suprisingly, I'm a prretty civilized person BUT when i finally caught him in the act I gave it to him good. I'm not a gigantic guy but big enough to cause some damage to this punk. Seems like all the little angry kids don't know how to fight for themselves so they resort to keying cars. Now he's gonna have a crooked nose for the rest of his life to remind him not to vandalize other peoples' property. Looking back I regret beating this guy up though. I now have a police record, still figuring out medical expenses and damages, broke my pinky knuckle, got my car fixed but just isn't the same, had to sit down and get lectured by dean. Also, got my friend in trouble too cause he threw a bottle at the dude from the second floor. Why can't we all just get along?

Happy Turkey Day!
Old 11-27-2003, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by kchida
Seems like all the little angry kids don't know how to fight for themselves so they resort to keying cars.

So true...Anyway, you got a police record? That blows. I thought I was totally f*cked when the police showed up and especially when they had to literally pull me off of this guy. I was shocked when the officer unlocked my cuffs, told me to contact my insurance company and go home. The officer told me I was defending my personal property and that I wasnt going to be charged. Something along the lines of that. It was quite a while back. Sorry to hear you got a record for it. Nice to hear he will have a messed up nose the rest of his life
Old 11-28-2003, 06:45 AM
An atavistic endeavor...

AHHHHHHHH REVENGE!!!! Awesome story. Nothing wrong with defending your property...glad you caught him.
Old 11-28-2003, 08:00 AM

And you did go to jail and he did get to sue you for all your worth right....if not...
Old 11-28-2003, 08:39 AM

Call it BS all you want my friend. This kid didnt attempt anything. The officer told me that if he was under the age of 18 things would have been a lot different. But he was over 18. AND, I was defending my property. The @ss already did extensive damage to my passengers side (it was like he took a line of 4 keys and ran along side my car) and was about to hit the drivers side. Laws may be different where you are from vs here in Los Angeles. If I have the time I will look up specifc laws on defending ones property.
Old 11-28-2003, 02:11 PM

Call it BS all you want my friend. This kid didnt attempt anything. The officer told me that if he was under the age of 18 things would have been a lot different. But he was over 18. AND, I was defending my property. The @ss already did extensive damage to my passengers side (it was like he took a line of 4 keys and ran along side my car) and was about to hit the drivers side. Laws may be different where you are from vs here in Los Angeles. If I have the time I will look up specifc laws on defending ones property.
Good thing that the cop was cool and understanding about it........and I guess the punk wasnt SO dumb after all, for not pressing charges on you ......he must have known better. Anyways, I hope you got your Max fixed up like it was before.........and I was curious, as to who covered the cost of the repairs..........did you, or that sissy?
Old 11-28-2003, 02:15 PM

It was my old Civic that got keyed and yes the little ***** payed for the repairs. The officer took a report and gave me the report #. Had the little bastards info on it. I forwarded it to my insurance company who handled it from there. His parents tried to bring me down with assault and all this other BS but nothing came out of it. The officer was very kind in the report that he made the night of the incident. They had nothing on me...protecting my property...ahh what a wonderful thing. God bless the U.S.!
Old 11-28-2003, 07:30 PM

These ****in scumbag bastards need their ***** cuttoff!!
Old 11-28-2003, 07:52 PM
U wanna try me young boy?

If you make a vandalism claim then doens't it count as a claim - ie will your rates go up?