4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Looks like the SC Project will take a while longer....

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 06:21 AM

last accident i was in the douche hit 2 maximas. Yes 2 maximas. I was soo ****ed and thought my car was cracked up but it turned out he only hit my rim. I have nationwide insurance and they bring you back to OEM no matter the cost. The rim had visual damage but it wasnt bent. I got like 330 bucks for the rim and some extra money for an alignment and a respray on the fender. My total was about 550 bucks i received from the insurance co.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
Old 12-11-2003, 07:04 AM

If they don't give you cash for the rims, threaten to get a lawyer and say that if it wasnt for the stupid driver that they insured that you'd still have those rims. It's the responsibity of the insurance company to cover EVERYTHING that was done to bring that car back to the exact state as it was before the impact. With insurance companys, they always try to go the cheapest route so you always have to fight for everything. Trust me, I fought and got a $3,500 check handed to me on a car worth $2,800 AND i got to keep the car and drove it for another year before the tranny went
Old 12-11-2003, 08:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by PoePoe2797
If they don't give you cash for the rims, threaten to get a lawyer and say that if it wasnt for the stupid driver that they insured that you'd still have those rims. It's the responsibity of the insurance company to cover EVERYTHING that was done to bring that car back to the exact state as it was before the impact. With insurance companys, they always try to go the cheapest route so you always have to fight for everything. Trust me, I fought and got a $3,500 check handed to me on a car worth $2,800 AND i got to keep the car and drove it for another year before the tranny went

Remember, this is MY Insurance company - not his.
Old 12-11-2003, 09:10 AM
I'm needing a caw

The fab shop that I got the brake brackets done fixes rims also.
Old 12-11-2003, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
The fab shop that I got the brake brackets done fixes rims also.
One of the 2 rims is too destroyed to fix...metal is literally shaved off a good 1/4" from the lip. The other one is probably fixable since it's just nasty curb rash.

Looks like they're going to pay me cash anyhow.

but I can't get these rims anymore....

So they're going to pay for the value of 2 rims...but I have to buy another 2....
Old 12-11-2003, 01:06 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Would the insurance company pay retail prices to replace those two rims?? If so, I think you can get the money and able to buy 4 other rims for the same money Call and tell TSW to fax you over the retail price for those rims when they were new.

Originally Posted by iansw
One of the 2 rims is too destroyed to fix...metal is literally shaved off a good 1/4" from the lip. The other one is probably fixable since it's just nasty curb rash.

So they're going to pay for the value of 2 rims...but I have to buy another 2....
Old 12-11-2003, 01:08 PM
I'm needing a caw

Give these guys a call. Al Book's Custom welding 206-242-5047. They are out in Burien. Basicly go south on 405 and it turns into 518 or I-5 and turn onto 518 like your going to the airport. Keep going past 1st until you get to 9th, take a right and it's 2 block down on the right side. Nice people.

Old 12-11-2003, 01:10 PM
I'm needing a caw

Why are you talking to your insurance company? You should be dealing with his.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Why are you talking to your insurance company? You should be dealing with his.
Because I learned awhile ago it's much easier to get the car fixed immediately than wait 2-3 weeks for the other guys insurance company to pay up.

And my insurance company has experience and lawyers that can make the other company pay faster.

That's part of what I pay them for.

As for the rims, I'm trying to get them to pay me cash for the retail price of 2 15" steelies ($370 ea). <dealerships are rippofs, and it may pay off for me that they are>

It looks better now - it turns out the agent I talked to just didn't know what to do. Her boss called me this morning and said they WILL pay me cash for the rims.

IanS
Old 12-11-2003, 04:37 PM
Boosted Panda

Because I learned awhile ago it's much easier to get the car fixed immediately than wait 2-3 weeks for the other guys insurance company to pay up.

And my insurance company has experience and lawyers that can make the other company pay faster.

That's part of what I pay them for.

As for the rims, I'm trying to get them to pay me cash for the retail price of 2 15" steelies ($370 ea). <dealerships are rippofs, and it may pay off for me that they are>

It looks better now - it turns out the agent I talked to just didn't know what to do. Her boss called me this morning and said they WILL pay me cash for the rims.

IanS
I figured they would. Your right about going through your insurance versus theirs. Its a big time game if you were to do it the other way. They would tell you they have to investigate the accident,2-3 weeks...then they would send an adjuster to come and appraise the damage. Then they ask you to get appraisels. After thats done they take an estimate from their appraisel and yours and give you that amount.
By going thru your insurance your car gets fixed by whom you wish, and no matter the cost. The insurance WILL get their money from the other insurance co. Its what they do for a living.
Maybe you could sell the remainder two wheels and use that money plus the insurance money and get some new wheels(VOLKS). Or, depending on the damage get them fixed. Some places can repair wheels.